1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Here I am trying to explain all this at a meeting this afternoon about the sequel (yes, there may be a Blade Runner sequel, or rather a sequel of the sequel - I'm holding out for more money), having just seen cyberx's stunning news here in the GARM, and none of them believed me. They think I've lost my mind! Ridley is an Englishman who doesn't understand American basketball (he seems to have the idea that basketball was invented by a bored Swiss watchmaker back in the 1800's), Gosling is a fan of Golden State and finds all talk of the Rockets beating the Warriors quietly amusing, and Villeneuve just cracked up. What they don't understand is the genius of Daryl Morey.

[​IMG]

Nook, alethios, Deji McGever and 5 others like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just dumping Anderson wouldn’t create max space

3. amaru

amaru Member

@DreamShook faints

4. ballscientist1

Street rumors say Morey has contact Knicks to acquire Kyle O'Quinn,, but Knicks want young wing in return.

O'Quinn is what Rockets need now.

Cavs has contact Bulls to acquire Mirotic, but Bulls ask for first round pick and Frye/filler.

amaru likes this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Great guy; damaged (very) good(s).

Plowman likes this.
  6. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

I think most of the guys who are pro Ryno has missed the fact he wants to be traded as well and he's not making an effort to bond with the team anymore. If he was actually letting fly 3's i might have reservations but he's not.

Think about the fact that half the team knows Ryno makes more than them but plays like he's nonexistant and how awkward the atmosphere would be when they lose and they're all thinking Ryno is not contributing anywhere near as much as them. Let him go now, positive vibes!

DaonlyLA likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I do like that you can play Anderson at the 5 and switch everything in a pinch. His offensive rebounding would be missed. Dude is clever down at the opponents rim.

I think overall Ryno did this to himself by not attending all these preseason get togethers. I know that doesn't fall on him, but these guys bonded over the summer. He came in this year in great shape, he was awesome in the first game against the Warriors, but he's struggled with his shot all year. I hope the guy finds his stroke again. There's nothing more fun than when Ryno is hitting from deep. The whole court becomes wide open, but this year feels different. I wish he'd just say **** it and light it up for a while. Just bomb mindlessly like he doesn't care if he stays or goes. I certainly wouldn't mind keeping Reformed Ryno. Dude can ball.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Astros already traded Appela for Giles :(

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Cavs know that they will never beat the Warriors with I T as one of the main cogs.
    Thus the George Hill or Kemba rumors.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

But what did THE one and only Harrison Ford think??? :D

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Young wing?? Troy Williams??? Pull the dang trigger!!!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're late, they are already teasing me on page 13.

Sooner this bum ass dude is gone the sooner I can get off this island and rejoin clutchfans.net

alethios, adw, Invisible Fan and 2 others like this.
  13. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Pretty sure Morey been shopping this dude since the offseason.

He ain't going anywhere unless we attach significant assets.

LHSPanther62 and amaru like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

D-rock likes this.
  15. photojoe

photojoe Member

I understand that. And I'm not saying we need him on our team or that he is the answer for us at PF. If we need to trade him during the offseason to clear up cap space to sign someone else, even if we have to include a young player or draft pick, then go right ahead.

But I am saying that trading him now for nothing in return to clear cap space for this upcoming offseason is a mistake. We are too good, this year, to leave a hole in our rotation to clear money for next year

YOLO likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I keep thinking of this chick and that damn piano.

[​IMG]

Her, and LeBron James on the Rockets.

alethios, adw, Invisible Fan and 2 others like this.
  17. ballscientist1

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree if Ryno was playing like he did early this season or most of last season. Super Saiyan Ryno did not hesitate to pull the string on long 3's.

But PTSD Ryno is a different story. We can replace his sporadic contribution on boards and occasional 3 ball with combo of Luc, PJ and street FA.

Give us any of these guys and I think we actually become more prolific scoring, more athletic as well as better defensively:

Raphiael Putney
    Anthony Randolph
    Viktor Khryapa
    JSmoove

Or package 2nd with our scraps our for Ilyasova or Hezonja.

19. BleedRedNation

He should be preparing to try and wi awin a cha.poo ship this year, and not getting rid of Andeson who could possibly be big in the playoffs this season. Last season is over with. He will be valuable...I promise you.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Ryno is the opposite of last year’s version. Neither version was great, but Ryno’s spacing was key for Harden to do his thing. This year, Houston is unquestionably worse whenever he takes the court. It’s unsalvageable.

roslolian and amaru like this.