1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They were robbed last night vs Sonics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Mar 25, 2001.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

There was no foul on the last play. It was a dumb shot that got blocked.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

2. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

I agree to a certain extent. I dont believe they were "robbed." The refs did a horrible job when it came to called blocking fouls. I can understand letting Payton get away with basically humping Mobley the entire game. Emanuel Davis used his hips the entire game on Francis. Its little things like this that refs let players get away with that can cost you games. As for the Francis layup at the end of the game, HE CHOKED!

------------------
    BILL KENNEDY SUCKS!

3. COACH SAMPSON

COACH SAMPSON Member

The Rockets were flat out robbed last night no question about it. First Norris was fouled with 1 minute left by Ruben "hacker" patterson. Second francis was fouled by Barry! Where the hell was the call on that play! The refs cant just ignore that sh#t, What the F#ck was that nonsense call. Third Patterson hacked Francis on that lay up in the closing seconds. The refs were calling fouls on the Rockets earlier why did those a pipe suckers decide not to call fouls. When we all look back at this season we will look back at 4 games where the Rockets were flat out robbed. Lakers at 2nd time, At Suns, At Kings and at Sonics. After last night I was so stressed knowing the refs decided the game again. Why cant theese motherfuc#in refs do their damn jobs. What is so hard about calling routine fouls. Their is no rule in the rule book that says if a man pushes someone out of balence that you give the ball to the other team and not call a foul. The Rockets were flat out robbed and i dont care that francis missed that layup cause they still shoul have called that foul!

------------------

4. COACH SAMPSON

COACH SAMPSON Member

What about the foul Paterson did on Norris with 1 minute left and when Brent Barry pushed Francis out of balence. Those were 2 fouls that cost the Rockets 4 points. I dont understand why there is even a recap on clutchcity.net when the facts are not presented. I dont see 1 word mentioned about the foul on francis when Barry pushed him out of balence. Are the people writing these recaps watching the same game that is aired on tv or are they just watching highlights.

------------------

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And even if these 2 alleged fouls were called, what makes you so sure all 4 free throws would have been made?

Also, if the foul on Moochie was called, do you still think that circumstances would have been exactly the same and that the situation in which Barry and Francis went out of bounds would have still magically occurred?

You need to bear in mind that if one thing happens, then the following things will most certainly NOT happen. If the Moochie foul was called then everything following that would have BEEN DIFFERENT. The rest of the entire game WOULD HAVE CHANGED. You, therefore, cannot say that those calls cost the Rockets 4 points.

------------------

6. unt2003

unt2003 Member

all i got to say is look at the final score..

------------------

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I didn't see anything like that Coach Sampson. Trust me when I say that I had a great view, and I could pretty much see everything that happened on the offensive end in the fourth quarter. The Rockets lost this game because Francis choked away an easy layup in the final minute.
    Coach, I have seen many games this season where the Rockets were clearly robbed by the refs. This was a well officiated game. By complaining over this game, you lose credibility when truly bad officiating does occur.
    There were many instances in the game where the refs could have given Rockets technical fouls, but didn't. They did a great job. A better job than the Rockets did.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

8. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Welcome back, COACH! I was actually starting to miss you and your conspiracy-rich posts. I was also looking forward to hearing your explanation of how Indiana's disappointing season has been a result of blind-sided refs who are all secretly Knicks fans and hired by David Stern to go out and get them.
    [​IMG]

Azim da Dream

------------------
    There's a very fine line between genius and madness.

http://www.clutchtown.com

9. Deltar

Deltar Member

Would any of you have replied differently if it wasn't COACH SAMPSON that had posted this topic? [​IMG]

------------------
    "The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die for a cause, while the mark of a mature man states he wants to live humbly for one."

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I would have said the same things. That was a well officiated game.

------------------

11. bobrek

There were many reasons the Rockets lost this game. Francis did not play well, but you certainly can't say the Rockets lost because Francis missed that layup. Too many 2nd opportunities for Seattle, no inside presence on offense or defense, turnover differential, etc.

------------------

12. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

True, but they likely would have won if he had made that chippie.

------------------

13. Big Ralph Sampson

bobrek, What kind of thinking is that? Your talking about what ifs and fantasy I am talking about facts. If you review the gametape you will see Ruben patterson fouled norris with 1 minute left, No ifs ands or buts. The should have been called. Francis was fouled point blank. Your talking a bunch of nonsense about them missing and whether the the francis play would have occurred. I am here to bring to back to reality the francis play did occur and no foul was called so save the fantasy for fantasy hoops.
    I deal with facts and reality not opinions.

ZRB If you did not see Norris get fouled or francis get pushed out of balence then check the game tape. They were fouled and they were obvious fouls. For you to miss those calls shows me you do not pay attention when you watch the games. If thats the case why post on here without your facts straight. Your the one with no credibility because you probably didnt even watch the game and your posting about who knows what.

Azim Da Dream There is nothing I hate worse than a wise guy and thats what you are.
    You have no knowledge of the game and your posts are meaningless. Watch over 1000 games then come back and post your stuff. I dont want to hear your posts as a matter of fact stick to hockey its your best bet. There was no conspiracy. The NBA is just geared up to give special treatment to their big money drawers and the pacers just dont happen to be 1 of those teams. This year the pacers are a product of poor decision making by team president donnie walsh. Trading the Davis's the last 2 years and not signing Mark jackson is the reason Smits retired and that's why the pacers are not the best team in basketball right now the Trailblazers are.

------------------

14. Band Geek Mobster

I dont know about you but I prefer to read posts on here. When I try to listen to them all I hear is this low humming noise, I can see how it would annoy you.

------------------
    Mmmm ... open-faced club sand wedge.

15. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I was at the game. How could I not watch it? I guess I was just so fascinated with the Sonic Dance team, I forgot to watch.
    Those refs weren't calling little pushing fouls. They let 'em play.

------------------

16. bobrek

I'll type real slow so maybe you will understand...If the foul was called on Patterson then EVERYTHING after that would have changed. The entire last minute would have unfolded differently, therefore the incident involving Barry and Francis would NEVER have happened.

------------------

17. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Calm down, Coach, I was just poking fun at the fact that you have made it your personal mission to find fault with the league's conspiracy and the bias of the refs, hence the " [​IMG]". Some of the points you have made in the past are actually somewhat accurate, but you have just played out your theory to death, and thus, its very susceptible to criticism and ridicule. I would venture to say 80% of your posts are based on bad calls by the refs, on claims of "fixed" games or of posts defending your theory.

I'm not offended by at all by your baseless personal attacks, given that it is now expected of you to stoop to that after someone differs from your opinions. However, I suggest, you try to refrain from those in the future as others may not be as forgiveable as me, and to maybe cut down on the overdone "conspiracy" posts.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    There's a very fine line between genius and madness.

http://www.clutchtown.com

18. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Ripping into the Kings game was completely justified. Same as the Knicks games, the Laker games, and the one Dallas loss. There were some atrocious calls in those games. The Sonic game? Well officiated. I am watching the tape right now, and will look for these supposed fouls.

------------------

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The Rockets got the ball on that Barry play. The very next play, Francis missed a point blank layup. No one touched him. That was the easiest shot of the night, and the Rockets best player blew it. I watched the replay 10 times. There was no "hack".

------------------

20. Big Ralph Sampson

ZRB-Glad to see your checking the tape. I was not talking about that play where Francis missed the wide open lay up. It was the play right before that where Francis had the ball and Brent Barry rode him out of balence, Also Moochie was fouled by Ruben Patterson with 1 minute left with no call and the Sonics were over the limit.

Bobrek- Why do insist on claiming plays would not have happened that does not make sense. The plays I am telling you about did happen so focus on them not what ifs.

Azim Da Dream, Personally I dont like you and you always try to post some smart a#$ statement like your funny when your not. I am sick of the word theory and conspiracy you have to be a real simpleton to keep using those words. Find another word and stop using that same tired term. I dont deal with theories I deal with facts. I know anyone can post on any thread but please dont post on my threads because point blank I dont like you and I dont like what you stand for.

------------------