1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will it realistically take for the Rockets to rid themselves of Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jan 1, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah ok -12 in a game where we lost by 10 and he isn't the problem. Inability to finish of quarters and he is shooting 25% yet he isn't the problem?

Anderson is the biggest reason why we lost today for the simple reason he is taking up a large percentage of our capspace yet is producing very little, not even up to his standard last year. At least last year Anderson was shooting 40% from 3, what about this year? Look at Green going off for 17 pts and a triple double that was all on Anderson.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

A champion team can have only 1 champion player and the rest are trash he carried to a ring. Oth a team of champions is automatically a champion team because every single member is a champion. Are you saying a team like Dirk's champ team can beat the original dream team in their prime? Gimme a break! You are just confusing chemistry with talent. Neither of these apply to Anderson in any case, he is neither a champion nor was part of a champion team so spare me your philosophies in bball

Secondly you seem pretty simple minded, maybe you should look up the new luxury tax rules and realize why teams dont pay luxury tax anymore. KD even had to take a discount because GSW's owner couldnt afford to keep his team together. If even the champion cant afford to pay lux tax what about a team like the Rox who hasnt even reached the Finals?

Thirdly the preview I was talking about is Anderson getting owned and shooting 25%, its what happened to him last year and will happen again this year, Green is smacking his lips thinking of dunking on Anderson in a 7 game series. What does KD and Harden have anything to do with them?

Fourthly Ariza is -9 Anderson is -12. Who is worse? I guess you are part of the Ryan Anderson fanclub right? Why would you blame the -9 and defend the -12? Ariza only makes 7M a year and he is a 3nD, meaning even if his shot is off he can do other things. Anderson is making 18M and is strictly a 1 dimensional spot up shooter. If he is not shooting straight he is straight up garbage. Those are the differences between the 2 and even with PJ Tucker. If Anderson only made 7M like those two I wouldnt be this mad because he would be playing right up to his salary.

As for Anderson having good games before...duh? He is making big bucks, those games are expected. Did you make a post praising Harden every single game he plays? He scores at least 20 pts per game how come you don't post how awesome he is every single game he plays in? Its because as a franchise player it is a given for him to have good production every game, same with Curry, Lebron, Kawhi etc. In Anderson's case his big games are like a ray of sunshine during winter, its so rare you need to praise God when it happens.

Lol I guess the Ryan Anderson fanclub has a new member in you, only a total RoF would defend Anderson after his crappy game. -12, 18M in salary, 25% FG from 3, opponent goes off for 17 and a triple double. Shouldn't be blamed my ass lmao

The Greyhound 33 likes this.
  3. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

His ability to play basketball is in that territory, but considering his contract, the damage he does to the team is much worse. Last year we get Lou Williams with Brewer and a first rounder, if we can trade Anderson and a first rounder for a player of Lou's caliber, I believe Morey would have already done it.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

You cannot trade him since Morey is not dumb enough to trade Anderson and Capela for DJ, when he could be had in the summer in case Capela gets too big of an offer. We know Ryan is better than this though, so please stop pounding on the guy. Remember how hot he was from three off of CP3's passes, all he needs is that confidence back. Now, if he keeps this play up let's say until February then I sure hope there's some deal out there.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

No KD didn't take a pay cut because of that. Yes he wants his team mates to get money, but the Warriors owner will pay whatever the tax is.

A champion team plays great together and plays as a team. That is what the Warriors do.

All NBA players get paid to play and 90 percent of them are overpaid and mostly because of the new TV deal.

Players impact isn't just on personal stats but you seem to think it is.

Curry, LeBron and Kawhi don't play good every game.

There is no Ryan Anderson fan club, there are just people like you who focus on what a player makes and their personal stats and not on their role on the team.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

+/- is the most over rated stat in the NBA...........it involves all 5 players that is involved on the court at that time, not just the 1 player. If a guy is on fire from three and a player isn't his direct opponent, all players get that point number against them in the +/- scenario. Is it fair to just attack the centres +/- numbers if it is the point guards opponent who is scoring....

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Also people crapping on about Draymond Green putting up those numbers against Anderson..........he does that to every team

Green also played 13 more minutes than Anderson, so i guess Tucker should get hate as well

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I have never seen a fan base implode so much like this one. We are in a good position, but people always want to pick at it. What we do in the regular season is pretty much irrelevant. We will be judged in the Playoffs and we will have our redemption

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

that is the biggest rubbish i read from what you wrote. Blaming a guys salary is just dumb for a loss. -12 has a lot of factors involved like team mates who can't score as well...... and yes, we lost because we got destroyed in the last minute of each quarter, we couldn't close out the quarter. We could have had a good lead heading in to the 4th quarter if they just slowed the play down and wasted time and got a good shot. Instead they played fast and gave the Warriors more shots to get the margins back. Anderson shot 40 percent by the way, not 25

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

He shot 40 percent

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

The problem is that if he keeps playing like this, in February there won't be any deal out there. And the fact that he can't shoot well at home is not something that will magically go away, we should reconize that at this point, he has problems in Toyota Center, it's not just about the slump.

People needs to deal with the fact tha Ryan is here to probably stay going forward (that's what i'm doing since i've never been a fan of the player and when we signed him with this contract i wasn't exactly happy), but at the same time people should deal with the fact that he's not going to cut it for us with that contract, truth is not always one sided. And yeah, starting every home game in the playoffs 4-5 is not exactly ideal.

12. cebu

cebu Member

Millions.

if we don't get better before trade deadline, i'm seeing him traded to prepare the way for King James.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Anderson is doing exactly what he was doing at the New Orleans. Yes his ppg is down from then, but also his shot attempts are as well, but also this team has far more options than any team Anderson has been on. Anderson is the 5th option in our starting line up and 5th options don't get high FGA's, also when you factor in Chris Paul who is also more of an offensive threat than Beverley, then it is obvious that Anderson's FGA's are going to go down and so is his PPG

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Can Gerald Green be traded this year? If so we may have to attach him with Anderson unfortunately... it would suck but that may be the only way we get rid of him.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Green, who was just available to all 30 teams, is the only way to get rid of Anderson?! Huh? o_O:D

Gerald Green ain't getting rid of Anderson. More like Capela or two firsts or Capela & first, etc.

Reeko likes this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no he can't be, have to wait 3 months which is after the trade deadline

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

18. McLovins

McLovins Member

How about Anderson and others to the bulls for-
    Nikola Mirotic is playing the best basketball of his career for the Bulls right now. He's shooting 46 percent from 3-point range, averaging a career high 18.4 points per game. The Bulls are also 11-5 since his return from injury. All of this has not changed the fact that he wants a trade.

Little Bit likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Mmmh...ok, i don't disagree with this, but not sure you quoted the right person ;)

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Ryno's contract as an asset instead of a hinderence to getting Lebron? I'm not sure I follow.

I'm operating under the assumption that Ryno's contract could actually prevent us from getting Lebron. But if we have all our 1st rounders, one would think that we could put together a rich enough package to move that contract if Lebron was coming.

But I guess I'm nervous about what happened this offseason. We used all of our assets to get CP3 (and I'm happy we did), but we didn't have enough assets left over to get that 2nd piece.

If we use all of our assets to move Anderson's contract to make space for Lebron, we're not gonna have enough assets left to compensate Cleveland for a trade. Even if you just do a 2-way deal with Cleveland, they're not gonna take on Anderson AND trade the best player in the NBA for 2 or 3 late 1st rounders.

It would probably have to be something like Capella, 3 first rounders, and a couple of good prospects.

I'm just worried Anderson's contract will cost us not just picks but maybe a guy like EGO, or worse ....prevent us from getting Lebron.

Am I being overly paranoid?

#200 Aruba77, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018