1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/4/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2018.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

People can say what they want...

Harden makes a MUCH bigger impact to this team than Durant does to GSW.

Maybe we have to be fully healthy to beat GS, but even if it's by a little, it doesn't discount it. We totally have a chance against them. Sure, in a 7 game series we're not quite there, but its closer than we ever have been.

Sidenote: If Anderson OR Ariza show up lol much better chance. Neither? It'll always be a struggle against any team.

2. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

against the Warriors he's the worst. I don't know the stats, but it's gotta be really ugly. If our goal is to beat GSW, Ariza just won't cut it

3. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

Each game Ryno plays his value decreases exponentially, it's like a double edged sword scenario now, If you don't play Ryno now his value is at the lowest of lows, but IF you play Ryno, you have that hail mary hope of him producing and MAYBE up his trade value. Now you place this double edged sword scenario in quicksand, because Ryno is just exceeding even the most pessimistic of possible outcomes that Morey would have predicted.

4. BackdoorHarden

Bench Ryno and start Gerald Green.

How did Green not get signed by anyone??? This guy is incredible!!!

Remlap likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yes, we do.

We have the things which trouble the Warriors.

If we put it together for 4 games (which is the biggest if) we eliminate them.

da_juice likes this.
  6. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Good test against the best team in the league. Confident we'll do fine sans Harden for a bit.

I thought it was thanks to a bad ORL team but Green is red hot

j@amc likes this.
  7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'm not sure if you properly read what I said, but I have never been a huge fan of his.

He can't dribble, he can't finish and his defense is inconsistent.

He has nice length and is good for breaking up plays and hitting a couple of threes a game, but I think he'd be far suited to the bench in the role Tucker is playing now.

He's not going anywhere

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yep. gonna be good. The guys just got to keep working.

9. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

I understood what you said (that Ariza is having a good season on average), but he routinely doesn't show up in big games, and especially in the playoffs. Kind of like Harden, when faced up against a good defensive unit, Ariza's effectiveness is way way lacking.

Ariza would be perfect for a back-up 3, but no way he could be the starting SF if this team really wants to contend for a championship (same applies to Ryno)

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

"yOu sTiLL diDidIDidn't anSwEr mY qUeSTion"

[​IMG]

11. carib

carib Member

I noticed whenever one of our guys drives to the basket, Draymond Green often rotates to meet them at the rim, which means whoever Green is guarding or cheating off is being left open. We need to work a strategy to find that open man at the 3 point line or rolling to the rim. Ryno has shown a few times this season that he can shoot decently at home especially when he is playing with CP3. It is perhaps a mental thing with him shooting badly at the Toyota Center. Perhaps MDA should let him play a little inside to get his rhythm going for home games because his floor spacing helps, Harden, Paul and Gordon.

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Rockets performed well, but the Warriors showed why they are the champs. Draymond Green is a top 10 player, IMO.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a new coaching strategy which just might work on our California boys....Ariza and Anderson. My all natural, stress free, gluten free strategy, which doesn't involve any supplements or cruelty to animals. Try this.......

Take a deep breath, think nice thoughts like cute puppies and babies, exhale and shoot.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  14. Obito

I've been thinking this for quite some time now but I've been too afraid to get flamed for it. No one hates donkey more than I do, but he'd be the perfect fit on this team at the 4.

snowconeman22 and deb4rockets like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the laugh. Just hearing him called donkey cracks me up. So fitting!

hakeem94 and Obito like this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed expect I think he benefits ALOT from being a front runner . No way does he get away with as much on any other team : moving screens , fouls , kicking , yelling at refs.

Green on any other team would be ejected by the second quarter .

17. BackdoorHarden

Draymond was the best player by far. The only player that can effect the game with Defense, passing, and enough scoring to keep you off balance

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Drogba

Drogba Member

Can you imagine how much better we'd be with Draymond instead of Ryno lol? He's the major difference between us & them.

Obito likes this.
  19. Obito

Yeah the Warriors system seems to make average (not that I think Green is average) players very good, along with the calls they get. We're a black sheep when it comes to the refs so he'd probably get ejected every other night with us.

20. Obito

I thought about it all game as Ryno clanked threes lol. I'm not going to be subjective though, Ryno can exploit Green (like he has) if he just did what he's paid to do consistently. The much cheaper option would be for him to just get over whatever mental barriers he has and play above average, his time is running out though.

BigShasta likes this.