1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/4/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2018.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

You know you just made your self look like a dumbass right ?? harden in 2015 was the most clutch player in the league backed up by statistics, look it up it has been posted here numerous times.

2. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

Hey mentally challenged TOF, it's the fact that the Warriors were blown out by the Spurs in the very first game of their last season, and turns out that didn't prove anything (as with any first game of the season) is the point, in case you missed.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

To beat the Warriors you have to get better production from Ariza, Anderson, Tucker and even Weber. We can not continue to give them easy back door layups. We can't let golden opportunities to slip away. Example: They almost made every three pointer after we missed. Especially when they made their run in the 4th.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Zergling

Zergling Member

I would start Green or Tucker over Ryno right now

RoyalGuard likes this.
  5. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

which he hasn't been for three straight years, and in fact is probably the worst closer/clutch player among elite players right now

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Hopefully the final piece isn't yet on the roster.

7. Remlap

Remlap Member

[​IMG]

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Just imagined a Harden, Gordon, Paul, Green, Capela, lineup.

Good shiet.

Cashmoney likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would lie if I didn't say watching us lose our lead to my LEAST favorite team in the league wasn't a punch in the gut! But....at least there was some fun along with the pain. I LOVED watching Green the last two nights!!!!! It's like skip to my LOU Deja Vu. Props to Gordon for finding a way to drive and score more in the paint.

Green did his best to add that needed nitro to blast these Rockets into another dimension though didn't he? That was fun to watch. It at least took a little of the stink out of the spoiled eggs being launched by Ariza, Anderson, and Gordon from behind the arc. When you live and die by the 3 you can't have 3 starters go 4 of 21 like Ariza, Anderson, and Gordon did tonight and expect to pull off the victory. For awhile, I actually thought we had a chance to pull it off. Sigh...

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Batum is the better/more versatile player, but his contract is also horrific and is a year longer than Ryno’s.

Would u rather trade Ryno for a better player on a sh*tty deal or just pay the price to dump him in the summer? I think I’d rather just pay the price to dump him and get that salary off our books.

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

Well, we won the first half. At least that's SOMETHING.

But wilting in the 4th Q was tough to watch.
    They gave us hope for a while

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. aroundtheblock2

Yep, been saying this since Green arrived. If Green keeps hitting 3s like this, there's no reason to have Ryan Anderson playing significant minutes. He's not just shooting a poor % right now, he's not even close.

13. pageC4

pageC4 Member

Thanks for your service. I assume 82nd or 173rd? I was in the 313th MIBN with the 82nd a long time ago. What was your MOS?

14. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

Packaging Ryno with Ariza would be the perfect move for this team, and as always sentimental idiots won't support this because Ariza is our 'glue guy' (that always shoots like crap against the Warriors and can't defend a lick when matched up against semi-competent offensive player.)

15. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

You are absolutely right, but we are desperate here lmao.

What if we swing a trade for Quincy acy and see if he can play the four?

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

There was no D tonight..

Loved seeing Green go off on the Warriors, he just replaced Anderson forever.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

The better team won, missing the better player. This Rocket team is a fraud. Early playoff exit.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. Progs

Progs Member

Good point.

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I have been a critic of ariza in the past and I'm not sure if he's starting material or not anymore, but he's had a great season.

20. Progs

Progs Member

WOAH!!! @Tomstro is in the GARM :eek:

Tomstro likes this.