1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 1/3/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

G squared with some heart!

Go Rockets!

Houstunna likes this.
  2. abaker28

abaker28 Member

No Harden, no problems.
    But my god Magic are/were awful.
    And how quiet was the crowd?

amaru likes this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

???????????

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Not a troll just bashing Harden is becoming far too common for some folks. Just stating the facts.

Remlap likes this.
  5. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

Let me replace that comment with this: It is very surprising the amount of hostility you have towards the Rockets' 2nd-best player.

6. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

Bullshit

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wait . . . you have an internet rep?? @DreamStreak

Remlap likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Last time I looked he was in the g league for Detroit or another eastern conference team

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes! I felt a little Deja Vu last night when Greene was on fire. It reminded me of when Sweet Lou came in and set the house on fire with his arrival. What a great way to come in and contribute in a time we can use all the help we can get. I'd love to see Greene get more of EGO's minutes personally, but doubt it happens. I got a scare for a minute when Capela had the knee bump, thinking his heel was acting up again. Love watching his growth as a player we will get see become one of the greats one day. Wish all our guys wore knee pads, just to avoid any unnecessary injuries. Loved seeing NENE get some slams himself!

I just wish CP3 would quit passing to EGO so much, like Harden always did, and use other options more. I mean, surely the the people in power look at percentages, and the overall efficiency of people taking all the shots. EGO is good, and definitely has his importance on our team, but he certainly isn't great enough to be taking the second most shots on the team every single week. There are others who would score more points consistently, taking the same amount of shots. It's like beating a dead horse bringing this up, so sorry, it just drives me nuts. On a good note, maybe he and CP3 will be back on a hot streak tonight when we play our nemesis.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Blake Griffin/Jordan with a coach that had won a title? What Harden/Rox squad had superior talent?

vlaurelio, Remlap and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

uh, of course. My rep might be in tatters now defending Ryno against the pitchforks of Clutchfans.net, but I was once a very reputable member of this community...

#611 DreamShook, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Os Trigonum and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Nothing wrong with defending a player.
    Ryno certainly has his detractors these days. He's been struggling lately.
    It's those who constantly criticize players (even when things are going well) that get annoying

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

No green highlights?

D-rock likes this.
  14. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Way to take care of business against a bad team. Gerald Green has my respect!

16. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

Doc is overrated af. A product of coach 3 future HOFers.

DJ is a direct by product of Chris Paul.

Blake Griffin was always injured esp in the playoffs where he missed or was injured in at least 4 of the 5 postseasons Chris Paul was there

JJ was dependent on CP3 to score

Outside of those 3 the Clippers had no one who would consistently play well, esp in the playoffs

Cp3 takes the 2013-2014 Rockets & last year rockets further than Harden did. Harden teammates usually show up in the playoffs but it's him who can't perform well.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL that Gerald Green, barely a week on the team can lead the team in scoring for a game.

Rockets get everyone back healthy their "garbage lineup" might actually be able to be used to keep leads and rest starters with Green in that group.

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We keep passing to Ego because him shooting shots is what is eventually going to get him going. Shooters don't break slumps or get into rhythms by not taking shots. This is why people get so pissed when Ryno passes up on shots. If Ego gets going and one of CP3 or Harden was already scoring, we win. Simple as that. Nothing is hotter than a shooter on fire.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with that. My whole point is that other players with higher percentages will get on fire at times as well, but regardless of who is on fire Gordon will take more shots than them even when he is off.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Because it is far more important to get Ego going than say Tucker.