1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

WOA... [​IMG]

Didnt read after first line... Somebody smoking..

Should call that new team Las Vegas Raiders.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe harden had a deal with morey about Booby Brown keeping roster spot as long as harden wasn't injured thus a 3rd string PG is not needed.

Now that Harden may miss a game or two or three...

Pluplue likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

What about playmaking 3-D forward?

Rockets get:

Aaron Gordon
    Bismack Biyombo
    Mario Hezonja

Magic get:

Clint Capela
    Ryan Anderson
    Troy Williams
    Chinanu Onuaku
    Rights to Llull, Gentile
    2 first round picks, top 5 protection

Rockets Roster:
    CP3/EGo
    Beard/Green/Hezonja
    Ariza/Mbah a Moute
    Aaron Gordon/PJ/Qi
    Biyombo/Nene/Black

Legit 11 man rotation. MDA should have zero issues playing any of above in event of injury, age or illness.

Weber and Qi really need to stay in G League if everyone healthy. Would love to re-sign Cam Oliver if Zhou Qi is bust as stretch 4. Would sign Kay Felder as well as back up plan for Weber.

4. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Cleverland interests in lou williams. Can morey trade him back using money or draft pick? I think we are only lack of bench power. It is worth to pay salary tax this year. Gasol also wants to left his team. In conclusion, if our team is 100,percent heathly plus has strong player rotation, we are a very strong and unbeatable team. Once we have injuries, defence is not good and it affects our offence which is a vicious circle. Hope morey and mda know about it.

#324 elmotsangtt, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  5. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

I'd love if this we're to happen but there's no way the Magic are trading AG for Clint and 2 first round picks.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

What would it take to acquire Aaron Gordon? Every player has a price and Gordon has never been an all star never mind a top 20 player.

Clint is top 10 center, is Gordon a top 10 forward?

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Ryan Anderson and fillers for Melo.

PG and MELO leave next year anyways, and the best bet is to get something in return before they leave for nothing!

OKC get someone locked in a 2 year $40 million contract.

Rockets get a Melo, and I think the trade only happens if he declines the ETO like Ty Lawson did to come to the Rockets.

I do not think the Rockets leave the option there, just because they need to be players in the Lebron James sweepstakes.

But that is what makes the choice for Melo kind of easier. He will know that he cannot take up that much salary and also have Lebron as a teammate.

Rockets get their REAL STRETCH 4 and additional play maker. With Paul, I think Melo buys into his role.

Championship.!

8. The Greyhound 33

You are crazy if you think we can beat GSW in the playoffs.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

A.) Yes I am crazy...o_O
    B.) I never said we could beat GSW in the playoffs...
    C.) I'm a crazy diehard that thinks we can beat ANYONE who dares to go against the "Rockets Red Glare" !!!

I repeat, dismantling the entire team is tomfoolery!!!

Go Rockets!!!

Joshfast and D-rock like this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Anderson for Melo, only if Melo declines his last year option like ty Lawson.

If not, then save him to trade in the off-season when we go after Lebron.

Want Clint gone to of that means we can some how get DJ on a cheaper rate.

Rockets best bet right now will be buyout market.

11. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

Okc wouldn’t do that part of the reason they traded for melo was so they could have cap space when he leaves, we would have to attach assets to Ryno

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

ANDERSON FOR A POTATO!!!!!!!

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Capela/Anderson for Jabari Parker/Mirza Teletovic/Sean Kilpatrick

Like most of you, I've been trying to come up with a mutually beneficial Anderson trade for months. Milwaukee has the the same problem with Parker that we have with Clint: both have massive paydays coming. Milwaukee is also very good without Parker and covets an elite five, which might be enough to persuade them to take Anderson off of our hands. Something that needs to happen if we are going to seriously pursue LeBron this summer.

PRO'S:

We do it as a play for both now -AND- the future. In the short term, we acquire a 20 PPG scorer and 22-year-old All-Star caliber talent. Another big gun that will help us go toe-to-toe with GSW in a playoff series. A player that could also be a nice consolation prize if we miss out on the LeBron sweepstakes. More importantly, we are well positioned to be an actual, realistic target for LeBron this summer since Kilpatrick is just a throw-in and Teletovic's $10.5M expiring contract would easily be movable.

Milwaukee does it to acquire an elite five, since they are essentially swapping Parker for Clint. They also get to dump Teletovic, a player who's been a disappointing acquisition, for a much better version of him in Anderson.

CON'S:

On our end, this is very risky given how dominant we were when 100%. Admittedly, I would pass on this deal for that very reason....but this is the Random Trade Thread, and I can't lie and say I'm not tempted. It's also risky given Parker's injury history. Not to mention, it leaves us dangerously thin and weak at center. You could make the argument Black and Nene are barely rotation worthy players at this point, so obviously another move for an established center would have to be made as well. I don't trust either of those players in a starting role.

And a major problem on Milwaukee's end is they really wouldn't have a role for Anderson given that Greek Freak is their four and plays close to 40 MPG.

Conclusion:

Overall, this is the best the I can come up with at the moment....and its an unlikely deal, at best. If anything, it likely just confirms the feeling most of us have that Anderson isn't going anywhere. There's just nothing out there. Nothing that doesn't involve multiple draft picks and/or other assets that make standing pat seem like the way to go.

14. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

15. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Should look at trade with Memphis.. Wouldn't mind trying to get WRight, Gasol and Evans... For Ryan, Gordon and Capella.... Seems somewhat logical for both sides... Conley, Gordon, Parsons, Anderson and Capella with a top 10 pick in draft along with Brooks and other young cats would make a competitive team even Parsons bad contract.. We do it to upgrade Center position, get a lil bit of rim, and upgrade the bench in the passing department Paul, Harden, Ariza, Mbah /Tucker and Gasol with Tyreke, Webber, Williams,Williams, Nene and Black/Powell

16. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Green instead of first Williams.. That gives us a good 10 man rotation and makes us more balanced

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Rockets desperately need production...consistent production from the 4-5 spot. Names from the trash heap I was looking at was Jeremy Evans OR Nigel Hayes. The truth is that we are getting ZERO from the forward position. Absolutely nothing. The Rockets need to experiment with some different lineups that incorporate some post play. DAntoni desperately needs a Amare type player for this offense.

EDIT: Amile Jefferson..

#337 sugrlndkid, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Capela and Ryno for Gasol and Evans

We go all in this year while Memphis gets younger and moves a disgruntled aging star. I would be curious how Capela is viewed around the league. Would he be worth taking on Rynos remaining contract or do we need to add some picks?

19. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Capela may have to be used to get rid of Ryan but we better be getting a center in return. And that Center has to be better than Clint. Clint is not a good match up vs the Warriors. He plays too small.

20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Quincy Acy low key could be solid for us off the bench as a stretch four and maybe even small ball 5?