1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 12/31/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 31, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Of course- even people were commenting that Luke said it jokingly. Wow.

adw likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not fans. . . not Rocket fans anyway
    just filthy trolls

Rocket River

Nook, Remlap, DonKnock and 9 others like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

Harden had 40pts on 20 shots, 11 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks and 1 turnover. Yet some people are happy he got hurt.

Lol only on Clutch Fans.

Deckard, Deuce, Nook and 12 others like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA took the "They have to match up with us" way too seriously. MDA just needs to match up sometimes.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Corey Brewer was so amped up when he thought the Lakers had it won in regulation, and so butthurt when Kuzma got stripped to end the game in 2OT

how sweet it is..

6. rocketsmetalspd

I don't care a Win is Win!

The Greyhound 33 likes this.
  7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

That defense with Ryno on the floor was a joke. The Lakers was exploiting the mismatch against him every single possession. The switch everything scheme only works when Ryno is off the court. When he's on the court they need to hedge against PNRs otherwise Ryno is unplayable.

8. macan

macan Member

I'm liking our seeding right now, warriors gonna be battle with thunders in the second round. i'm pretty sure we can take down this old spurs team this year in the second round. i know it's still early, one can dream

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont disagree. I dont know why they put him out there to fail like that. Anderson on Kuzma is silly when even Tucker was having trouble with him. MDA just needs to play the matchups.

D-rock likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets just came off losing a bunch and now Harden is out, and now we talking playoffs!? So soon!?

Remlap, Sajan and amaru like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ariza, green, and paul saved us from the horrible games capela, ego, and of course ryno had tonite. capela had an excuse. ego looked tired. ryno is just so pathetic. pringles will eventually have to take him out of the starting lineup. no sure if we can win even 1/3 our games without harden now.

amaru and The Greyhound 33 like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike:

James?

Won't know until tomorrow. Hamstring. Don't think they can assess it until tomorrow morning. We'll figure it out.

Paul's performance (in OT)

He just willed us to win. Certain guys can say we're not losing. That's what he said/did tonight.

You have Harden who can do that & now another guy in Chris. What's it like to have two guys...

Should make us a contender, someone who is dangerous. We gotta get back to playing hard. We didn't play hard again. It's almost like we had excuses...we had guys hurt, we won 14 in a row, whatever, it's almost like we're okay, we're okay. No we're not. If we don't play hard, we're never okay. We almost let this one...we come out shooting well but they're scoring every time with us. Then you cool off & guess what? You get in trouble. I hoped we learned a lesson. I don't know. These guys played a great 2nd half in terms of toughness & all that. Hopefully we learned. If we did, I'm glad it happened. If not, we need to kick ourselves in the rear.

They're good guys & want to do it. Human nature, you win 14, couple guys go out, you think you're okay and all the suden you're not. You lose your swagger, lose your confidence. Ohhhh, we're in trouble! It's natural. Teams go through that. You gotta hit rock bottom. When you do, if they have good character, they come back & that's what they showed tonight. I'm not worried except I'm a coach & that's what they pay me to do: worry. We have a bunch of good guys that understand, let's get back & do things the right way.

How important was it to win?

Huge. I got 2 days off. i'd be miserable.

Surrendered a lot of dribble penetration tonight.

Had to get the right group out there. Tarik came in & gave us unbelievable energy. Needed someone to keep people in front & switch. They were much more athletic. You counteract their athleticism by anticipating. Randle first half was killing us. Tarik gave us good minutes. Gerald played really well. You have to have the energy & swagger. We have to get back to that.

PJ's struggled but to get that putback & defensive play?

That's what he gotta do for us. It's okay if he misses 18 shots in a row. No one cares but everything else you gotta do. He was worried about missing shots and me keeping him out awhile but he came back. I love PJ & what he can give us. He has to dig deeper & get through. Winston Churchill said when you're going through hell, keep on going, don't stop. We were stopping & looking for awhile. We just gotta keep going, keep playing hard.

Good game for you guys to have to get through?

If we learned a lesson, why we got ourselves in this position & don't let it happen again. If we learn from this, yeah, it'll make us a better team. We can come back from it. I'm proud, at least the 2nd half/OT. We played the way we should always play.

DonKnock, Ozzy, Patience and 6 others like this.
  13. The Greyhound 33

Lineup for the next game?
    CP3
    Green
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Capela

rocketsmetalspd likes this.
  14. macan

macan Member

thx for sharing!

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  15. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

I can't believe we gave up 142 pts to the Lakers. Wtf happened?

amaru likes this.
  16. The Greyhound 33

Two OTs and they had like 82 points in the paint

CP34MVP likes this.
  17. aroundtheblock2

He's generally unplayable at this point. I really don't see any positive to having him on the court going forward other than to maintain his value as trade bait in the offseason. Frankly, I think Morey is working around the clock right now to move Ryno out of Houston. The quicker he can get the deal done, the better.

He needs to make a deal for 2 reasons:

1) Anderson is just ineffective

2) Give the team more roster flexibility going into the offseason.

Little Bit likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden:

Happen when/as you landed?

As I went up & felt it but I'll be good.

If I can run, I'm gonna play. I couldn't run, so I said let me go back there & see what's going on. We'll see. Don't play again until Thursday maybe? so I got a couple days.

Big time win. Picked up our intensity a little bit more. Guys made big shots down the stretch. Gotta be more aggressive defensively, did that late in the game.

DonKnock, DreamShook and Vivi like this.
  19. aroundtheblock2

?

Try like

CP3
    Gordon
    Ariza
    Green/Tucker
    Capela

Anderson is done. Ship his ass to China.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

In case you missed this guys ^^. Pretty funny!!