1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden needs to become an adult....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Dec 28, 2017.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The dude is still unmarried and without a child.

He's not growing up anytime soon. He's just not that kind of guy.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

So because he got hacked its ok for him to be stupid?

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This thread is stupid and I think Rox fans need to become real fans and ride or die with their players!!! Instead we attack and cannibalize our own when we already know the rest of the world is gonna do it. Our teams need their fans!!! Become a real fan!

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When the opposing player can hold and hack you and then you get ticky tack calls on the other end
    MAYBE THE F*CKING REFS SHOULD GROW UP
    They mad cause Harden called them out . . . . or they just corrupt like Tony Brothers

Sorry . . . . Harden deserves to be a little pissed

Rocket River

5. rockets13champs

You need to become an adult too

Harden is 100% right. Refs are straight up unfair and this has happened 3 straight games. Sometimes you have to speak up.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly.
    The fact that he can be SHUT DOWN by cheat tactics and ref help . . . . does not make him a bad player
    it just means he has to overcome far more than a curry or a durant does

Curry PUSHES OFF EVERY D*MN TIME . .. no calls

Rocket River

7. REEKO_HTOWN

Tell me the last time you saw a Championship player melt down like Harden did in the last minute.

TELL ME! I don't like rooting for soft ass players. Had enough of that with Dwight here.

8. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Let me see if I can do this right....

"You're a hater OP!! He scored 34 pts and had to do everything with no help. He was tired somebody else needs to step up"

Am I now a true rockets fan?

9. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

Harden does borderline offensive foul **** all the time, and constantly ref-baits ALL THE TIME

This is what you get for playing that type of ugly basketball

Nobody will feel sorry for Harden because he's just getting taste of his own medicine

hitman1900 likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You root for the TEAM!!! and the players who PLAY FOR IT!!! Players come and go, TEAM is FOREVER!!

If you really believed your rooting for the player bullshit then you would never root for CP3 or Terry, etc... even after they wearing Rox gear. But you do because you don't believe your own bullshit.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

I AM rooting for my team. My team shouldn't lose because of stupid decision from one of it's stars. He gave the Celtics the game. He cost my team a win. He made it about himself and not about the team.

12. NickKent

NickKent Member

*Tells poster to become an adult. Then proceeds to whine about officiating.

Ok....

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You can be a fan and demand accountability from your star player. What the hell was Harden doing down the stretch? He reverted to Game 5 mode from the Spurs series. Dribble out the clock and jack up 3 pointers. He got lucky he made a couple of them. Then when the Rockets needed to inbound the ball, he stood around and forced Ariza and D'Antoni to burn their last timeout. When they no longer had the timeout, Harden clearly pushes off of Smart(yes, Smart flopped, but the contact was there to embellish in the first place) and gets an offensive foul called on him. Then after the Celtics go up one, Harden again pushes off of Smart(and yes, Smart flopped once again, but just like before, the contact was there to embellish) and gets another offensive foul called.

I mean, literally everything Harden could do to choke away this game(aside from the 2 free throws he made in the final minute), he did. And no, I don't think Harden threw the game, so clearly he's either a stupid player or stopped using his head and acted entirely on emotion and assumed his star status and the fact that the game was in its final moments would prevent the refs from taking possession away from the Rockets. I know he's not dumb, so it had to be the latter. And he does this far too often. If the refs aren't bailing him out with trips to the free throw line or non-calls at the other end, he shuts down mentally. You're never gonna reach the Finals much less win a title with your best player acting this way.

Vivi, fattz, craigharmann and 3 others like this.
  14. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Dumb sentiment. Those who want devotion, give devotion. Harden isn't devoted to **** but his pretty statlines. Everything about his game is to get the most stats he can. Which is why he would rather play hero ball than doing everything to help the Rockets win at the end of games. If he doesn't get the glory, who cares? Last year he was cherry picking rebounds to keep up with Westbrook.

Winning plays like doing ANYTHING off ball, or playing sound defense(not even great defense, just an honest effort and pay attention to detail), is something he wants nothing to do with.

Do you know how immature this guy is compared to other superstars in the NBA? Even compared to just 'stars' and not superstars. Nikola Jokic commitment to sound, winning basketball is MILES above Harden's and Jokic is a 22 year old 3rd year guy.

He is who he is, but I won't pretend otherwise. And I don't understand why anyone would either.. What's the point. Do you realize you people on this forum seem to care more about these things than Harden himself?

There is no way Cavs fans care more about winning and sound basketball than LeBron, or Warriors fans than Curry or Durant. But Harden visibly quits at signs of adversity, and thinks it is acceptable. As well as do incredibly cheap things on offense and feels entitled to the zebras benefit.

fattz likes this.
  15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

We sure James wasn't concussed again?

16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This will probably amaze you, but when officials don’t actually officiate, it’s incredibly easy to frustrate an offensive player.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

i actually saw harden pretty well calm and even relative to the absurd calls at the end of the game.

we just, as a team go insanely hot (1st quarter tonight, celtics game) and then we need to hold on. defensive shock troops hold on the best , (and also score fairly well, in a way that is not dependent on referees who almost always try to make the game close again) and three of our five defensive shock troops are injured right now. our defensive shock troops are impervious to referee negative intervention as they just play hard and grind. harden is the opposite of a grinder, and thats fine, and “growing up” and whatever it is you mean by that phrase, is not what harden will do, harden won’t become a grinder but he looks more like one w/ four grinders around him (he looks “grown up”),but w/ 3 grinders out (cp3,luc,capela), one grinder around harden (ariza), harden doesnt look as good.

its the unit that looks good or bad. harden is just the face of the unit so he gets the blame and thats why he gets the big bucks.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Tell me the last time you’ve seen 2 offensive fouls called.

It’s never happened before, but apparently we can use basically anything as evidence for our views, regardless of it’s validity or frequency.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I said this when the Rockets org. and Harden called out the refs to the national media. The Refs in this league are definitely biased and can have agendas. When they got called out and made to look bad, they will make an effort to screw you over in games.

fattz, Crashlanded19 and DonKnock like this.
  20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Well, that's a new take.