1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Rockets Fear Thunder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by celebrevida, Dec 13, 2017.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Warriors 2
    Spurs 3
    Thunder 7

2. SAT Prep

SAT Prep Member

Option 1: play thunder in first round followed by the 4th/5th seeded team and let the spurs and warriors beat each other up in the second round

Option 2: play both the spurs and the warriors to get to the finals just to avoid the pacer killing thunder...

As my late great grandmother used to say "Oy vey, this is not how you dress a table!"

cbs1507 and Game7 like this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Fear every opponent

Over confidence is a weakness.

4. MD_in_Training

I would say respect every opponent.

Fear no one.

Daddy Long Legs and Scarface281 like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fear the Thunder? Why? Are they even going to make the playoffs? Is this one of those questions where you are asking if getting such an easy opponent in the playoffs (if they make it) would hurt the team going forward because it would make them think they don't have to try very hard?

6. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

dude its been a while since the rockets have been true contenders... last time we were was 1996-1997.. So yeah, I fear every opponent.. specially in the current era of super teams.. as good as we are, we are still no super team.. if we get lebron then we get that status.. but I am sorry as much as I like Capela and Eric Gordon they have zero all star appearances and are studs but doesnt make us super team..

7. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

The Rockets should "fear" no team!!! You can have respect for them and their abilities but, NO, they should not fear the Thunder! Remember: you can lose to any team on any given night.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Uh, I don't think the Spurs are going to be wearing anybody out this year in a playoff series.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

fear ? of course not. but if i have to pick they are the LAST team i would want the rockets to play in the first round. the playoffs are just a different beast and it always comes down to the stars. their level focus and desperation WILL increase in the playoffs. the fact is they have have three stars plus steven adams who can have a star level impact on a game.

i highly doubt they finish in 7th or 8th though. they still arent playing well and still managed to climb up into 8th. at some point they will actually start to play well move up higher, probably top 5.

10. sgwjj

sgwjj Member

if rockets fear thunder,how can they win the champion?

11. alethios

alethios Member

The better question is: Should the Thunder fear us?

12. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I would absolutely love it if the Thunder were our first round opponent. You know how it'd go down? Just like all our playoff games did last year (and how most of the OKC games have gone this year)... they'll keep it close for 3 quarters, maybe even take the lead into the 4th. Once it comes time to close out, Russ will come in the game and proceed to shoot his team in the foot repeatedly by playing 1 on 5.

There's not a "playoff team" in the league that I fear less than the Thunder.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t fear mediocre, and that’s what OKC is

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

A predator does not fear its prey

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Fear the Thunder?!?!

LMAOOOOO are you ******* out of your mother******** mind?!?

16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

only if it is from the heavens.

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

OKC's ceiling is much higher than any of the teams 4-8. By playoff time they are going to be same level as the top 4. The offense still hasn't clicked and they are the 6th seed. All the other teams are about as good as they are going to be.

A path of OKC, SA, GS, CLE is just brutal.

18. Mr. Space City

still feel this way.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Are they finally starting to gel :eek:

20. MD_in_Training

OKC will probably be 4th or 5th seed by the end of it, which means GSW will likely play them in the second round. We won't be able to avoid the Spurs though.

21. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Best case scenario for us is 2 seed. Don't see us catching up to Golden State when they get Curry back and their schedule eases up.

Hopefully Thunder get 4/5 so we can avoid them. Would much rather play the Spurs than the Thunder. Thunder are a really bad matchup for us. CP3 would have helped, but it still would have been a close game.