1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman says Spurs are better than the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden's beard, Dec 14, 2017.

1. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

If I have learnt anything about those panel shows where 2 people are opposite the other; it's all written up and pushed to be a few topics each show, and then one guy takes a side and the other guy takes the other side of the argument.

So you're never going to get their opinion and objective analysis anyway, because that isn't what they are paid to do.

2. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

The Rockets are getting a lot of media coverage right now because of the win streak.
    And it's not just the win streak in and of itself, but how they are winning games by 10, 15, 20 points.
    As a result, almost all of the media coverage is positive, especially from analysts that know what the talking about.

Kellerman says the exact opposite of everyone else to get people's attention and boost ratings.
    Kellerman basically uses quasi straw-man arguments for his positions and it is the classic example of click bait.
    Eventually everyone gets tired of listening to him and tune him out, which is why he's gotten fired twice (ESPN and Fox Sports Net - I-max).

Here is some quality criticism from Tim Legler:

hajkov likes this.
  3. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Based on their record, both the Rockets and the Spurs are very good teams.
    We will find out whether or not the rockets are better than the Spurs when they play each other.

While I believe the Rockets are better than the Spurs, until they play each other, who is better is pure speculation.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The team that lost to the Mavs are better than the 22-4 team on an 11game win streak.

Seems legit.

Anyway this guy is just talking **** for views

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

All I got from that video is that Molly Qerim is still beautiful.

Sajan and heypartner like this.
  6. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

Dude basically says Spurs are better than their record because KL was out and yet mentions nothing about Rockets record despite CP3 being out, too. Get that ish out of here...

7. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Great.
    Another Kellerman thread.

GREAT.

[​IMG]

heypartner likes this.
  8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If you dont pay any attention to this clown, he will shut the ****ing up.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The moment I saw this dude go from a chill dude on Sportsnation to a mega-douche the moment he joined First Take, it confirmed that he is 100% playing a character.

Y'all are eating up his act. Same for Stephen A. They get way too much attention, and I know y'all know this. FS1 literally poached Skip Payless and got the Stephen A "Thhkipppp" clone (forgot his name) to make a one for one copy of First Take.

TheRealist137 and heypartner like this.
  10. jayfree

jayfree Member

Wow OP, you are up to about 17% approval rating now. Raised 1% in a week. Congrats!

Harden's beard Member

11. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Not everybody has to be in love with this team. Lighten up, snowflakes.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  12. rocketseagles07

Lol exactly... the Spurs beat us last year without their best player. I'm perfectly fine with people thinking they'll be better than us

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The media are snowflakes once the Rockets win deeper in the playoffs they will change their tune like the bandwagoners they are.

I remember when Lebron and KD were chokers... as well as KG and Pierce... before Spurs won the chip they said Avery Johnson wasn't a championship point guard they always talking bs then changing it up last minute to backtrack on a bs narrative they created and pushed too far.

F those people!

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Freddie's a warrior fan... sorry :(

15. BonziWellsGOAT

Since when did MK become relevant here? Am I missing something or did it just happen recently lmao. Lock this b**** up

16. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Yeah but based on a single head to head matchup, we won't know who is better...just who was better on that particular night. Otherwise we'd have to conclude that the Mavs are better than the Spurs based on their recent win.

And even a season series between two teams doesn't tell the whole story. The Rockets and the Grizz split their season series. No one in their right mind thinks the Grizz are as good as the Rockets.

In the NBA it is even more true than in other sports; you are what your record says you are. The Rockets are better than the Spurs at this time. Significantly better. Even if the Spurs win one game, the Rox are still better. For the Spurs to prove they are better they need to stop losing to mediocre teams and win the games they are supposed to win.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Let them guard Harden. We have another chap named Christopher Emmanuel.

We can also try Tucker on LMA now. If nothing else, Tucker loves fouling people.

LMA is also getting slower by the month and he has to guard a hot Ryan Anderson.

I'm not guaranteeing a win, but I'm finally confident that we have the matchups to make any game good.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

As much as people don’t want to hear this, Kellerman isn’t the only one who feels like this.

The Rockets simply have to prove it in the playoffs before a lot of people’s opinions change about them.

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Rockets with CP3 in the lineup: 12-0
    Spurms with Kawhi in the lineup: 0-1

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Legler always brings it with the solid takes.