1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC's Westbrook ft. Paul George & Carmelo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Oct 20, 2017.

1. SAT Prep

SAT Prep Member

Bballbreakdown did a video on OKC's struggles and pointed something out that I've been noticing. There are so many plays when Westbrook takes the ball up the court, passes it, and just backs up and waits for the ball back. He totally takes himself out of the play allowing the defense to sag even more, clogging the lane so players like Roberson and Adams have a much tougher time, and forces Melo into his patented dribble dribble dribble fake fake fake heavily contested mid-range shot. Either that or Westrbook gets the ball back with like 10 seconds on the shot clock and goes full on hero-ball mode. It trips me out. Zach Lowe pointed out that there have been 0....ZERO.... plays where Westbrook has set a pick for Melo. Is this a case of a coach not coaching, or players not listening? While I love watching this ship sink, my obsessive compulsive nature gets so frustrated watching this team.

Go rockets

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Good stuff from Woj.

My wild guess is it's too early for trade concerns to distract the team, but once we reach 2018, it could get dicey. The trade deadline was moved up to February 4th and it's clear PG is a goner since he won't commit to re-sign.

Coming up, I expect the Thunder to revert back to last year's form where everything revolves around WB and everybody else gets out of the way. They definitely won't contend for a championship but it may be the only way they can start finding a groove to win consistently more than they lose.

#523 A_3PO, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm glad Morey is not that dumb.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Nook

Nook Member

I am not surprised.

Also, the chick he was fighting over was a fatty. Supposedly he likes fatties.

Nothing wrong with liking fatties, just don't try to stab them with a broken beer bottle.

9. Invisible Fan

The corollary to this is whether Presti "stole" Melo and PG13, and whether Moory "overpaid" for CP3.

Because that's the opinion many members here had (and the hack writers, but who cares about them) who I assume where as good or better at judging talent than the GMs making the deal.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I just cant see them throwing in the towel.

It is going to be very hard for them to sign or attract high level talent; so they almost have to go for broke and hope that they gel in the playoffs and some how convince Paul George to stay.

ghettocheeze, Vivi and BigMaloe like this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Oh yeah I know. That’s what they almost have to do but what they should do is different and it could make sense to ownership and the fans if the team completely imploded by the deadline.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But what if they don't even make the playoffs? It's not that far-fetched. They're currently in 9th place. Look at the teams ahead of them in the standings. Obviously the Rockets, Warriors, and Spurs aren't budging from the Top 3(or maybe 4 in the case of San Antonio if Pop rests a lot of guys). The T'Wolves are in 4th. They're young and inconsistent, but they have way too much talent to drop out of the Top 8. That leaves the Nuggets, Pelicans, and Blazers. Honestly, if none of those three are derailed by injuries, they probably win around 45 games.

Now you would think the Thunder shouldn't struggle to reach that win total, but they're currently on pace for 39 wins. If they don't right the ship quickly, they're gonna be scrambling to eek their way into the 7th or 8th seed.

13. Nook

Nook Member

I agree it is a risk, but I think it is one that the Thunder have to take in their situation. Short of George or Anthony demanding a trade to the media; I just can't see them breaking it up. Especially when you consider how Sabonis and Olapiepo have played.

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I don't see it as a dumb deal at all. I like Gordon but George is the better player. The Rockets have a legit shot of beating the Warriors with Paul/Harden/George. And I think George would have a hard time leaving the Rockets if we pushed or beat the Warriors.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

wouldnt surprise me if they fired Donovan before January.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not impressed. Lonzo Ball beats them hands down if they lower the cutoff number of attempts to 10.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

OKC will make the playoffs once the new b****es realize that you gotta feed the beast TRIPLE DOUUUUUUUBBBBLEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Even if they do well, OKC can't afford all three, I think they are going to have a $200 million luxury tax/repeater tax bill if they keep everyone next season.

Melo and/or George will be traded by the deadline. Waiting for the implosion, so satisfying to watch.

s3ts, BigShasta, ghettocheeze and 2 others like this.