1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Tecmo Superbowl Season

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Dec 4, 2003.

1. drapg

drapg Member

My greatness continues.

I deleted the Arizona Cardinals and replaced them with the Texas Longhorns. I have the entire roster, including names, jersey numbers, and attributes loaded up (based on my personal rankings, of course). Got the burnt orange jersey color going too!

Vince Young and Sloan Thomas destroyed the Rams! Bulger got sacked 6 times by Derrick Johnson.

Oh my god. I will never do anything else again!

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

So all I have to do is download the emulator from the site that DHB gave and a ROM and I can play Tecmo Super Bowl on my PC? WOW!!! :eek: What controls do I use to control the players. If this works, it will be awesome! :)

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Put the Sooners in there, and I bet you STILL lose to them! :D

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Too funny. Waaaaaaaaay too funny.

A-train, youre the man.

5. drapg

drapg Member

:mad:

I am not amused.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

come on drapg, put your emulator where your mouth is! Replace another team with the Sooners, and put them on computer vs. computer to see which team wins...I DARE you! :D

7. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Yo, I printed out my best game. 94-0, Chiefs (my team baby!) vs. the Colts. Colts are the worst team in the league, but you really have to play right to shut them out and still get lots of points. My roommate has a 100-0 game. Haha... we were pretty bored that one semester.

8. yipengzhao

I really love this game. Christian Okoye is a beast... Steve DeBerg sucks though... I think if you use the 49er then you should be able to get 100-0 every game.

9. Lil Pun

Where can I find an emulator for Win XP?

10. Lil Pun

Free emulator, that is.

Sorry, no edit

11. junglerules

junglerules Member

I can't remember who I was for sure, but I know I've scored AT LEAST 106 on Cincy once. For me, the key was picking a fast guy on defense. When he was in excellent condition, he could usually run around the line and sack the QB. Once this works for safeties, or causing fumbles, it's fairly easy to rack up big points, especially when the computer starts going for it on fourth down in the 4th quarter. Oh, and this works well on blocking punts, too.

Defensively, I think my best season ever I only gave up 70 pts for the whole year. Barry Sanders was a beast, but he ALWAYS got hurt for me. That's ok....nothing was cooler than seeing him run out of the hospital, ready to play! :)

On Tecmo Super Bowl, check out Craig Heyward. He's a beast to tackle when he's in excellent condition. I think he had a 100 hitting power. Whoah.

12. yipengzhao

Yeah Dave Megett on the giants was waaaaaay better than he was in real life too.

13. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

What's the trick to this game? I think I used to be decent at it, but now I've forgotten everything.

What's the key to running? And the blitz? And the best way to run up the score?

14. spence99

spence99 Member

I remember Mel Gray on the Lions being awesome also. He was just as fast if not faster than Barry Sanders.

15. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Have you been there recently? Jeez, talk about rape. NES carts are averaging about $10. $5 for the ****ty "wtf?!" games and $12+ for classics. Outrageous.

Luckily Nintendo hasn't made a big RIAA-like fuss over it since they've been re-releasing a lot of their older games on GBA.

And what is this talk of playing emulators on Dreamcast? I might go out and get one instead of plopping down fifty bucks for a broken-down NES. :)

16. Kill Dirty Stockton

Kill Dirty Stockton Contributing Member

Arguably the best NES game of all time.
    Most I scored was over 99 but the score wouldnt go over 99 so it was 99-something against Minn. Minn was the easiest to destroy because they had the worst offensive play ever leading to fumbles and fumbles. Pure comedy.

I always sucked on rush defense but pass defense was always less than 1000 yards.

Damn I miss that game!!!

I must play when I go back to Houston.

17. Kill Dirty Stockton

Kill Dirty Stockton Contributing Member

Just use LT and keep pressing the a-button, you cant stop sacking with LT. And the best way to run up the score I remember was picking the same defensive play that made the opposing offense always fumble.

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Man, Anti....I would own you. :D

Seriously...you call that defense? My Tecmo teams would never allow those totals. :p