1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAS 1st take: Deandre Jordan wants to go to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

DeAndre is also expiring btw, and he's unrestricted which means all things considered there's a good chance he'll get paid more than Capela. Personally i don't think he will, cause i don't see how DeAndre gets 120M at this stage of his career, but you never know, it takes one team.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I wouldn’t be so sure, while I somewhat agree with you in principle going forward, I don’t think that time is here yet. I think these guys are definitely do for max contracts

3. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Other than AD, Embiid, or KAT, I don't think there is any big man in the league that can make us better both short term and long term if we trade anderson and capela for. And for those guys, you know there is zero chance that their team trade them, at least not for Ryno and Clint.

I don't think there is anything interesting happening this year in the trading market for us, we should just stick to our roster and hope that we keep getting better and better.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I think we are spoiled to great GM work lol Other teams don't work as well as we do. Didn't Ibaka just signed for 20mil a year....Drummond is having a good year this year, but he was doing Clint type numbers when he got his 20 mil....Steven Adams better than Clint? 20 mil a year....Biyombo got 17 mil. it's so feasible for Clint to get big offers this off season

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

its definitely calmed down. the closest "big contract" a pick and roll center got this offseason was probably mason plumlee right before the season started. teams aren't overpaying for them any longer. i mean even dallas showed some smart with noel and refused to. now hell probably have to play for much less next year bc he wasn't smart enough to accept $17.5 per

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

DJ just isn’t good enough for a Ryno and Capela swap.

Now Marc Gasol on the other hand maybe.

aroundtheblock2 and pauebtg like this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Drummond, Biyombo and Adams all signed around the cap spike. Those are also all markets that struggle to attract free agents.

Ibaka is a 3 pt shooter.

YOLO likes this.
  8. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

DeAndre's defense has regressed bigtime. He puts in minimal effort and never contests shots at the rim because he's scared of being posterized.

Bigtime pass on a Capela for DeAndre move. Capela's edge in agility is more important than DeAndre's edge in power when we have to play the Warriors.

amaru likes this.
  9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Clint is producing at a high level on a very, very reasonable contract. Obviously, teams are looking at him with different lens this season.
    I'm not sure if Morey would consider parting ways with him at this point in the season. The chemistry with this group is awesome...arguably stronger than the team with Yao/Tmac/DWesley/Bobby Sura/ J Howard/ Jon Barry/ etc....

Still, DJ is worth a look.

#FreeMason

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That pretty much sums it up. Why would we even consider getting Jordan after watching this team, with a much improved Clint Capela, become a juggernaut that's got to be freaking out coaches league-wide. I simply don't understand why anyone would be jonesin' to tinker, big time, with success. It would be crazy! :eek:o_O:cool:

11. alethios

alethios Member

Not getting this from a box score. You're right, he's not getting hacked as much and maybe that's the reason he's more comfortable at the FT line. I actually watched a couple of games, and he was knocking down a majority of his FTs. Granted that doesn't apply to all the games this season, but it's been stated by the courtside announcers that his FT% is up.

12. anchel

anchel Member

Love Clint, but DeAndre is the man will help you the most at playoff time when you are facing the OKC, SAS big guys. Men's time.
    BUT, you are not exchanging Clint for DeAndre, you would be giving also your starting PF, so that's a different story and then the obvious response is no.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes not. hes the same DJ at the line. His % will go back to what it usually is. it may be a bit higher bc his volume just isnt high as teams have no reason to exploit the weakness. And at this rate, the clippers may be one of the worse teams this year. he isn't beating teams by scoring so thats not a worry

14. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

DJ will be amazing off the bench next year, working with that second unit that Chris Paul runs

15. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

You need to check your hormone levels.....you have no idea who I am or what I know. We are all on here offering options, but clearly you think you were born to do this. Do you do debate often??.....fight with members from your cubical on message boards? Does it make your pee pee feel bigger?? I'm grown, I don't argue with grown men on message boards. There is a way you talk with other men and this is not one. One reason why i don't post much, because of people like you. Being condescending, going out your way to Net Shame members...grow up. Me even answering you is lowering my testosterone levels. I'll tell you what......since its that important to you, you look up the bigs that average close to what clint averages and tell us all what they make a year. Then if you're right, you will win the internet today and dominated another message board debate! And before you say "I'm not not smart enough to ......" I'll save you the trouble. You're right...I'm not smarter than a NBA GM, maybe not even smarter than you, but I have an idea of what I'm better at than you.......use your imagination. Go visit your doctor and get your levels checked. You win homey

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I mean....

How about Deandre Jordan, Sam Dekker back and their 1st round pick for Tarik Black?

Also clippers have to pay the rest of his deal.

Also you’re on board coming here to be a backup.

Also, Calvin Murphy gonna teach you how to shoot freebies.

Also another 1st round pick.

Deal?

Deckard, photojoe and Swiss Roll like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

soo i stopped reading after who you are or what you know bc none of that really matters. not sure this entire post had anything to do with actual basketball.

going back to the original question that you still have not been able to answer. What team is going to throw $100 mil at CC. Or did you just throw that out there just bc and since you weren't able to, you got a bit emotional. and you still have yet to understand the cap rise and how it affected contracts

RocketRoller likes this.
  18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

BUT BOBBY B WEARS NUMBER SIX!!!!!!!

(edit: I'm sure someone has already beat me to this)

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Salary wise.

Flip Ariza and Clint for who?

Then ryno for DeAndre? Why would clips do that?

As much as I bash Clint, he's better.

SIL

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

This thread escalated QUICKLY lol