1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson is killing us...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 23, 2017.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

replace "us" with "it" in the thread title

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Ryno grew three balls this season. I like it.

saleem likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ryan's home shooting better than Curry's totals

• Ryan Anderson at Home = 37.7%
    • Curry total = 36.8%

4. MaliciousMonkey

So all you're saying is that Curry is off to a slow start?

5. heypartner

Ryan's at Home = 37.7%
    Durant at Home = 37.2%
    Curry at Home = 30.1%

#305 heypartner, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    hakeem94, BigMaloe and saleem like this.
  6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson Is officially killing me softly

(One time)

Chanmarr, don grahamleone and Easy like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We could say Ryan was off to a slow start as well.

I noted how Ryan Anderson has been shooting 40% from 3 @ TC in the month of November in the thread, “Should
    the Toyota Center change the lighting to help Ryan Anderson” in post #121. 50% in last two games
    at Toyota Center vs Knicks and Nets. Now add last nights game of 5-9 (55.6% from 3).

I believe Ryan has found his range at Toyota Center. Just hope it doesn’t screw with his road shooting.

#307 ApacheWarrior, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    don grahamleone likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A big change, and a big relief! He deserves a lot of praise. CP3's presence is making a big difference.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Is there a stat showing Ryno's 3pt % when CP3 is passing him the ball? Looks like CP3's passes to Ryno have all been in the pocket and giving him great rhythm when shooting.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Curry must have depth perception problem at home. :)

11. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

who is this Ryan Anderson? i've long since referred to him as Road Ryno & Home Ryno knowing that when we play at home he won't do anything significant, but it looks like he's figuring it out lately which as Rocket has never happened. him and shooting on those red floor and seat backgrounds.. #science

12. heypartner

fwiw: the first two last night were not in the pocke; one was actually deflected. Not sure of others.

Obviously, Paul helps a great deal. He also helps by simply being another scoring threat on the floor to make Ryno more open than last year, especially with the 2nd Unit, or when all three JH, Paul and Ryno, are on the floor together.

Still, note that Ryno led the NBA in Road 3pt% by a big margin last year at 47%, so he didn't need Paul for that. So, last yr he didn't need perfect pocket passes to succeed at league leading levels on the road. Was it just mental at home?

A lot of this is all Ryno (and stats variance), mixed with actually getting closer looks than last yr independent of who passes him the ball...together with Paul getting him the ball faster and on the numbers to burn close-outs. The last point we should see in an increase in attempts, no?

ApacheWarrior, marky :) and BigMaloe like this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Paul has made him a new man. But I still don't trust him in the playoffs when he's actually gameplanned. If we had a guy that could shoot the 3, but also put the ball on the floor on tight closeouts - O LAWD.

amaru likes this.
  14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Do you honestly think that teams can afford to gameplan against Ryno when we have CP3 to help Harden now.

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Devoting a player to stay near Ryan works to the benefit of Harden/CP3....../Rockets

Chanmarr, Easy, felixng2012 and 2 others like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hope he's working on playoffs when they adjust to his three ball.

17. bongman

bongman Member

If we are relying on Ryno's position to put the ball on the floor in order for us to succeed, we are in trouble.

18. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Everybody, lets jump over to the Eric Gordon is killing us thread!

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anderson has definitely played well the 10 or so games, color me surprised. With 63% TS he is killing it offensively and he's not too shabby defensively either.

However the true test for Anderson are his health over the whole season and his playoff %. Anderson has a history of being a mental midget and collapsing in the playoffs every time he reached it. So we'll have to see if his current numbers are just a lovely mirage or the real deal.

Regardless though, he is still massively overpaid and if we can't get rid of him or somebody takes a discount I'm sure the Anderson fan club will be left scratching their heads once Cp3 and/or Capela walk away next year due to the Rox not being able to pay them.

amaru likes this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed we need on more player that can do that in the post season to beat GSW. Idk where we will find that player though. Anderson has a role but I doubt he shoots this will with Durant closing aggressively on him since he doesn’t drive consistently