1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Kyrie winning MVP over Harden be a travesty?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It wouldn't be as much of a travesty as Westbrick winning it over Harden was.

2. Tocoal2000

Tocoal2000 Member

But when harden bust 48 on the sun' they didn' acknowledge it...remember the sun' are terrible. But the mavericks are worse than the sun's. So he 47 should be less impressive considering the mavericks are worse than the suns

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  3. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

WELL Damn.... thought this one was over when they were down 14 in 4th when saw score, I’m driving get a app update saying kyrie had 47 they win in OT.

I guess Celtics fans still saying horford reason they winning like los said ???

Harden getting more rebound and assists tho so he’s should still be up, but it’s still beginning of season

4. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Narrative is going hit Harden hard this season.

Need to keep up our play for another 60 games.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Did you not see the Jalon rose thread dude called rockets over warriors and harden MVP on live tv because of suns game

6. Tocoal2000

Tocoal2000 Member

And than I see Barkley call Irving MVP on a 4/16 shooting nite when his team won...just looked at Bayless Twitter he just said juries is M VP. He has said absolutely nuthin on any of Hardens games. Not his 56 point game, not his 48point game or nuthin

DonKnock likes this.
  7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Harden gets plenty of press. Are you a homer fan choosing to ignore all the good media attention we get?

8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

haha Harden gets plenty of press.. huh.. WHERE

harden should have 4 potw awards

watch kyrie get the award after this game

DonKnock likes this.
  9. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Kyrie is a much more popular player than Harden is. You must admit that Kyrie's style of playing is fun to watch, he probably has the best handle in NBA history. Besides, thanks to Lebron, he has been to the biggest stage and performed a couple of times, so people get to acknowledge his good performances more easily.

We have been blowing out opponents way to many times this year, and Harden rarely gets any chance to perform in clutch time, whereas Celtics always win in the 4th quarter even against really bad teams so that Kyrie gets people's attention by hitting big shots. The best two games Kyrie has this season are against Hawks and Mavs, where he was absolutely amazing in 4th quarter and overtime. But these two teams are dead last in the two conferences, besides Dirk can't guard nobody, he is 40 and his lateral move is gone. We've seen Harden destroy him in P&R situations in 2015 playoffs, now he's two years older, his defense is even worse.

Anyway, I think we have our chance. As long as Rockets beat Celtics in the two games they face each other, and Harden outperform Kyrie in those games, I think Harden can still win the MVP. My feeling is that stats is not going to count anymore season in the MVP voting, it all comes down to records. I still have confidence that by the end of season, we will have a better record than Celtics, then we'll see what happens.

#149 James.B.H, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    DonKnock and swyyyguy like this.
  10. Tocoal2000

Tocoal2000 Member

Harden isn' liked. There gonna blow this up. They love storylines. Kyrie left LeBron, just like Durant leaving Westbrook. They can' ride the Greek freak anymore. He is fading with his 2 straight losses

DonKnock, Crashlanded19 and s3ts like this.
  11. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

yeah, hate to admit it, but Kyrie's storyline is too good to ignore. just like last year's Westbrook

DonKnock likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I can't believe this is happening again.

DonKnock, Deuce and s3ts like this.
  13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

They will discuss this on the Jump & First Take tomorrow exactly 33 times each.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You knew it would lol. Youve been predicting that the media would shun harden.

DonKnock and s3ts like this.
  15. Drogba

Drogba Member

Kyrie has this locked up. He has the perfect narrative, playing in a big market & is probably the most exciting player to watch in the League.

I told you guys Westbrook would win MVP in January this year when everyone was still in denial. Get over it, we got bigger fish to fry this season.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's happening. Focus groups probably have large numbers that think Harden's game is "unpopular and cheap". Ironic because the Rockets have the rep of being fun to watch.

I'm thinking those focus groups are as bball savvy as LA fans and lag a year or three behind.

Winning cures everything.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. arubato

arubato Member

Warriors blowing out teams in 14-15 didn’t hurt Curry’s mvp case though. We cannot really win this thing.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Who cares? They beat the Mavericks.

They aren’t even in our conference....

The season is about 20% done, any discussion of MVP is very premature. Besides I will take 60 wins over an MVP.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Unbelievable this crap is gonna happen again. Harden is forever going to be overlooked. He should boycott the media and not do any interviews anymore. Actually isn't that what Westbrook did and the media still love him. If Harden did the same thing media would hate him even more.

DonKnock and s3ts like this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The Celtics are not a .700 team. The glitter will wear off when they have a 8 and 12 stretch.

DonKnock and Houstunna like this.