1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. ROCKETS1972

ROCKETS1972 Member

according to recent polls 70% of white people disagree with the idea of systemic racism/white privilege it is a theory put up by social justice warriors it is an opinion it is a popular movement for people who make a living on race bating also popular in radical leftist ideology what a lot of people are missing with the argument is most white people are fed up we don't believe we are racist but are called that every day white privilege offends me to the core I am only responsible for I personally do

the NFL player isn't selected by race but by ability also nobody forces them to play football most players do it because they make more in a year then most people make in ten and that's just minimum salary some players make more then 99% of people of any race in their life times NFL players are not victims by a long shot.

deb4rockets and The Real Shady like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

White privilege = being too cool for punctuation or even transcribing a coherent thought...yet continuing to emit characters anyway.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I always find it odd that it is pointed out how much the players make, but it is never discussed that owners have seen their fortunes increase billions just over the last 10-15 years.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I see no irony in it at all. Clowney’s father pled guilty in February for a crime he committed 2+ years ago, well before the protests, well before McNair’s comments. Clowney wearing a jail costume is not irony. It’s him taking a shot at his boss regardless of what he says.

5. TheresTheDagger

What difference does when the crime or guilty plea took place have to do with this? You keep bringing it up.

The irony comes because someone who obviously resented the wrongheaded "prisoner" ...and actually COULD be offended because of his father's situation then turns around and wears a prison jumpsuit...something that could be interpreted as mocking of his own family as well as McNair.

6. bobrek

I see a series of circumstances, but no irony.

7. TheresTheDagger

i·ro·ny1
    ˈīrənē/
    noun
    noun: irony

a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

I guess you expected Clowney to put on a prison jump suit then.

8. bobrek

Doing something intentional after the fact doesn’t make it ironic. It would be more of an ironic event if Clowney was wearing the jumpsuit as McNair was making the statement.

9. TheresTheDagger

Huh. Nowhere in that defintion does it mention "timing" or "intentionality".

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Holy crap this is all one sentence

Cannonball likes this.
  11. ROCKETS1972

ROCKETS1972 Member

as they should the CBA works out for both the players and owners the more the owners make the more the players make an NFL team is a large origination they have to scout requite sell the product to advertisers tv networks sell seats in the arena instead of complaining about others making money learn about business modals plus if the players don't like the owners making money they can start their own league in fact some are already talking about it

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

yeah whatever

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes you crack me up Bobby. Now that is one kinda creepy video. Something about it is almost Hitchcock like. I used to like the song, but never saw the video.

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Meanwhile, 95% of people are offended by your lack of punctuation.

And what you meant to say is that 70% of white CONSERVATIVES don't believe in white privilege (actually 76%). For all whites, it's more like 54%.

Sauce: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...plit-sharply-along-racial-and-partisan-lines/

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

19. Buck Turgidson

I blame Alanis for an entire generation of people having no concept of what actual irony is.

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The NFL owners are rich, but their employees make more money a second than the guy working for big corporation billionaires at minimum wage. There are billionaires in Texas and all over this country who pay there employees pennies on the dollar. They have kept the politicians in their pockets and have found ways to keep our minimum wage in Texas at $7.25 an hour since 2009. It is so low that people can work full time and live in poverty, and so no, there is really no comparison.