1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

37 game 7s in WS history

Home team is only 18-19

Fulgore, Pen15clubber and phasors28 like this.
  2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I really don't give a **** right now if you read it or not. I'm not going to get into that ****ing loser mentality. It took all of 30 seconds to get over the loss today. Stop being a wuss- they had a bad game, I believe in them, I think they can win it all, and I hope that happens tomorrow.

It's not going to make one iota of difference in your life except for maybe one week of celebrating if we win it all- so stop acting like the world is going to end if we lose tomorrow.

Typical Houston sports, BTW, would mean that we didn't make it to the World Series to begin win. None of the 3 teams has been in a championship series since 2005. So, typically, Houston teams don't go this far.

#12122 dandorotik, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Tfor3 likes this.
  3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There is no point in creating a scapegoat for this series. The Astros were and are the underdog because the Dodgers are one of the best teams ever and lost only one game going into the series. If the Astros don't win, this season is still the best we've ever had and we should expect to contend for a while. Having said that, F the Dodgers. Let's win this.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I am still in shock over how poorly we played in the biggest game in franchise history.

CK Johnson likes this.
  5. BALLhog 247 365

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I honestly believe the Astros win game 7. I don’t care what the odds are or what the so called experts say. Astros are bringing a World Series home to HoUSton.

Everyone comes alive tomorrow.

phasors28 likes this.
  7. Cypress

Cypress Member

Y'all might as well not even tune in tmrw. Blues going to get his W tmrw.

8. phasors28

phasors28 Member

I had a bad feeling about facing Kershaw and it worked out okay. Hoping more of the same tomorrow

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Man what a blown opportunity. Ugh

10. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

@Cypress You are pathetic....just because your team lost you want to come rub in a game 6 loss? Hope you enjoy living in your mom's basement!

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm glad it ends tomorrow. Need to get on with my life!

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

New to baseball? Hardly. Reddick has been shitty as hell. He hasn’t brought a damn thing and is seriously hurting the team at the moment. There is no more time to wait on him to turn it around.

13. Cypress

Cypress Member

Thank you come again-Apu

14. vonbock

vonbock Member

Tell me about it, I have been following the Astros for 2 months now and have not been getting much done. I am so happy it will be over and get things done.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is practically a double play every time he comes to the plate with the pitcher behind him.

16. adoo

adoo Member

Actually, for game 7, Kershaw (2 day rest) & Wood (3 day rest) will be available in the LAD pen

17. ApuN

ApuN Member

If Altuve or Correa gets a hit,
    everythings different

Stormy1234 and Pen15clubber like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The only disappointment about tonight is that I really thought we had it with verlander dealing .

That 2nd and 3rd and nobody out was though , but I don't think we could have played it better .

Does McCann really score on a bunt ?

At the time it was right to leave Justin in there ....

Reddick hit a deep fly that might have done the trick , it just went out of play .

Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way.

Hopefully we get on the right side of the breaks tomorrow or we step up to the extent that those don't matter .

We are all terrified and worried .

I pray Lance is not hahaha

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Sorry man. We had our chance. ****ing blew it. Unreal that we played so poorly. Our hitters were lost again. This was the game we had to win but we came in with the wrong mindset. Something had to be off for us to play like that in our biggest game ever. It was shocking to me. I really really thought we would come out and kick that ass. We put up no fight tonight. As the game progressed we made quicker outs. Men on 2nd and 3rd no outs and we flounder. Just mentally unprepared and its unforgivable unless we win tomorrow. That will be tough as we handed the dodgers the momentum tonight. I am very disappointed in the effort tonight. Also, the team was not mentally prepared. It really is heartbreaking watching them go down inning after inning without a fight. I really hope we win tomorrow but it looks like we already thought we won and just mailed it in tonight. I can't believe our **** show tonight in our biggest game ever.

20. Cypress

Cypress Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Sht team.

Goodnight .