1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This losing season is actually a winning one.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Seeing a Tom brady or better developing right before our eyes. We will see nothing but rings in the future.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Management is part of this soooo....

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not with this defense.

red5rocket likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So don't fire anyone because they finally found a QB while letting the ol and secondary go to crap?

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I like your thinking. Since the Texans aren't a Super Bowl contender, we should make a special point to enjoy watching Deshaun Watson and focus on the positive.

However, the Pats and Seahawks losses are particularly galling for obvious reasons. The sting may not go away until long after the season.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Maybe these losses actually get to BOB and he learns to call plays like a man when it counts.

Watson can beat anybody, and this division is extremely winnable.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah yeah, gotta see the positives, whatever whatever.

I'm pissed man. This is the second game that we should have not lost this season. It's one reason to lose due to players mistakes, but to lose to coaches mistakes is just unacceptable at this point. Bob's conservative, bullshit play calling is going to cost us going to the playoffs where Watson could of gotten some more exposure. Apparently, this team is a playoff team, but the coaching is holding us back.

How the hell can you trust your coach if he does not trust you? Watson has proven that he can win games, yet his dumbass coach makes some mind boggling decisions. As a fan, I can live with Watson making a mistake and losing the game for us, but I can't deal with shitty BoB doing a shitty job and playing like a p***y. I can't handle that.

I definitely hope BoB gets canned. He was given a lifeline this season by the surprising play of Watson and he has thrown this lifeline away. We can't have a p***y coach doing the coaching during more important games in the playoffs. We need a coach that's going to trust his star quarterback and give the ball to him and let him win it for us. This coach is too damn of a micromanager and is ****ing up what could very well be a surprisingly good season. We should be 5-2 right now, not 3-4. **** BoB, he needs to get over his damn nerves and let the rookie play. If the rookie ****s up, then he ****s up, but at least he will learn. He can't learn if you are running away from what is working.

Holy ****, what a **** up. We could of had two huge wins this season. I forgave him the first time thinking he would learn, but his dumbass does the same thing again! I can't forgive this.

Rockets4lf likes this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

^ add the personnel mistakes like letting Bouye and Brandon Brooks go

It's great they found a QB but their job is to build a great team, not find one player (after 4 years of playing busts at that position)

9. conquistador#11

but b.ob has been doing this since fitzie arrived. he has arrested development.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

A losing season is a losing season
    A winning season is a winning season
    A mediocre season is a mediocre season.
    No moral victories.

Great, they have a QB but no defense.
    Great, they had a defense but no QB.
    Welcome to Aaron Rodgers world I guess? It's frustrating!

red5rocket, roxallways and Mr. Clutch like this.
  11. texian

texian Member

So Watson didn't throw a pick-6 and another INT that led to a FG?

Hmmm, let's see:

41 - 7 -3 = 31

SEA: 31
    HOU: 38

I wonder what could happen if we improve our OL and DB and DL personnel...?

And maybe if Vrabel gets teachable enough to learn some more from RAC...?

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We had a chance to win the game at the end, regardless of what mistakes happened earlier in the game. Coach screwed it up. End of story. If we didn't have a chance to win the game, then sure blame it on those things, but we could have actually won the game. I don't know how you can defend the coaching decision in this situation (if you are).

13. theimpossibles1

I gotta disagree. When as a franchise the missing piece has always been QB, and we have not only found our QB, but a possible ROY/MVP candidate.

This is something that can boost our franchise for many years. That's a huge moral victory.

BTW op, we are only 3-4. Too early to call it a 'losing season.'