1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll Take ZRB's Role...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman95, Mar 23, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oh ok, if you lose three games to a team out of 4 they're better than you. I didn't know that. So I guess Phoenix was better than the Rockets in the 2nd round of the 95 playoffs then right? [​IMG]

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Again, no excuse to blow this game... We have a playoff berth at stake, while the Clips have their pride at stake...

Pathetic to see a "playoff" team fold up like a tent when it matters...

Never ever overestimate the heart of an average team...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

3. pooh222

pooh222 Member

To tell everyone the truth, my hope for the Rockets making the playoff started fading when Hakeem went down. When he went down, we were left with basically nothing much inside, which is a killer in the West. They had a good stretch for a while, but ultimatly, the Rockets glaring weakness is showing. I mean, Cato, is he a sorry sack of sh*t or what. He made Olawakandi look like the second coming of Olajuwon. This guy sucks.

------------------

4. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

First off let me say that this was a TEAM loss.

There were so many negatives in this game.

I used to defend Kelvin Cato, but I just can't do it anymore. He has NO HEART. He just gets abused by any and every center in this league. Somebody needs to tell him it's HIS job to take the ball out of bounds, not to stare down a guard and tell him to take it out and walk up the court. The guy thinks the whole world is against him, and it really shows on the court. He has set the tone for both of these last two losses.

There was some bad coaching thrown in. Any time Walt is on the floor it is a negative.

Missed free throws down the stretch, turnovers, and bad shooting.

I love Shandon Anderson, but he was just horrid.

The Clipps just own the Rockets. In this league it's all about matchups which is why the rocks have owned the Mavs for the most part, and why the Sonics have beaten up on the Lakers. Whether they match up well or not, they HAD TO win this game and did not. They will have to win their next 3 to have any realistic chance.

Either way, I couldn't be prouder of them for their play this season. Coming in I thought they would be a .500 ball club, but they look as if they will even be better than that.

The truth is the Rockets shouldn't even be this good. Do you realize just how little front court production this team gets? It's amazing how much our guards do for this team. Most of the post players points come off easy passes from our guards, with the exception of Mo sometimes.

Playoffs or not, I'm still very proud of them.

------------------
    I hate role players

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I'm sorry, but last time I checked W's and L's is the barometer of success in the NBA... I am sick and tired of moral victories... But what I hate even more are fans who refuse to accept reality...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

6. The Cat

Yeah, they sure don't know how to rebound after a tough loss. Remember that heartbreaking last second loss to Phoenix in America West? I seem to remember the Rockets playing a game in which you said you would "never question their heart again". Down 10 with 3 minutes left, down in OT, coming back every time on the same day that they lose Dream for the season to show great Rockets heart and resiliency and win the biggest game of the season over the Pacers in 3OT. I would consider that knowing how to rebound from a tough loss wouldn't you?

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

7. Sniper

Sniper Member

Why the Rockets lost...front court deficiencies aside.

Complete lack of effort by the Rockets in the first 41 minutes.

Undisciplined offense - with the other team doubling Steve and Cat, a few crisp passes would have been a lot better than the weak shots Cat and Steve were taking in no man's land (out of control, 5 feet from the basket with a shot-blocker above you). I can't count the number of times our guards did this.

Sorry to say this, but bricks from Shandon Anderson. He needs to start driving and dishing, since he does have the speed for it. Does he have the court vision? I didn't see it tonight.

And again, lack of desire/complacency. I understand it has to be difficult when every game is a must-win, but only hustling for 7 minutes a game is disgusting.

------------------
    BELIEVE!!!

8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I hate that too.

I also dislike fans who jump at any and every oppoptunity to rip the team I cheer for, its a pet peeve of mine.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

9. harkm

harkm Member

Ok, here is an outside perspective. I am a Mavs fan. However, I watch most Rocket's games. Houston just doesn't match up well with the Clipps. Thats all. It is hard to put a finger on what the problem is. It has nothing to do with the Rockets being a playoff team. Teams 7 games over .500 are rarely not playoff teams. Lets see...the T-Wolves lost to the Clipps. So did the Lakers,Philly,Portlant(Twice),Sacramento...the list goes on and on. They are an explosive team who can't be taken lightly. The Rockets will make the playoffs if they don't give up.

------------------

10. The Cat

And, believe it or not, you and a couple of other posters aren't the ultimate judgers of what reality is.

------------------

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

The worst part of this loss is how some fans use the, "but Portland lost to LA too" crap... I don't give a damn who LA has beaten 1 out of every 3 games... Point is they are inferior to the Rockets, yet we make them look like the Globetrotters to our Generals...

We always use the excuse that the Rockets are bad in West because we can't matchup with the big dogs... Well what the hell can we use as the next excuse??? Time zone change? Food poisoning???

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

12. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I didn't accuse them of having no heart, Cat. I just accused them of not knowing when to use it. They have heart, but not much intelligence. The Sonics are still a veteran team, and I expect the Rockets to lose to them. The Sonics just own the Rockets coming off of losses. Check the stats.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Did I ever say I was?

I also hate fans who assume things... Just like you did right now... Also, don't assume Pho loses to Phi...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

14. JR

JR Contributing Member

Clutch, I already recommended that ZRB seek professional help from a guy in a white coat. He responded with the advanced version of the old "rubber and glue" comeback: "maybe YOU need a shrink!" or something to that effect.

------------------

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

who was it that said, "why are post game threads longer after a loss vs a win?"

16. Dolfox

Dolfox Member

oh wait...i'm sorry kidrock8, i didn't know that each season stands on it's own. that championship caliber teams just happen from one season to the next, teams aren't built anymore.

wins and losses...the real fan's barometer, right?

------------------

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Joe.

------------------
    www.swirve.com...The reason Al Gore invented the internet.

18. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I don't, I expect the Rockets to defeat the Sonics. That's the difference between us Tweak, I expect good things to happen - you hope for bad ones too.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Well maybe you should! [​IMG]

To defend Cat slightly, the Rockets are not really out of it mathematically. But, the odds are not even close to being in their favor. Also, this is a mental blow, big time. Me? I think they're toast. I hope I'm wrong. I pray they beat Seattle, and get back on track. I just can't see it happening.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

20. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

When did I mention the Rockets championship years? Or when did I mention the championship at all?

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale