1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So what's next...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by megastahr, Sep 23, 2017.

1. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Marc gasol, dwade

2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

we need to go ahead and sign josh smith and he needs to start practicing 1000 catch and shoot 3's a day.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

2nd round exit

sammy and megastahr like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that's assuming we get to the #3 seed, otherwise we could possibly lose in the first round vs towns/butler/wiggins as well

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Mental doctor for Ryno.

6. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

I'm actually feeling better that Melo didn't come thru. Ryan Anderson might actually be better with CP3 taking some of the pressure off. With Harden and Paul on the court with Anderson, Ryan may play just fine. The Rockets improved with their acquisitions. They should have moved off the Melo thing after the Knicks hired their GM.

7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

We can't trump Cleveland for gasol

They have the Brooklyn pick

8. megastahr

How will Anderson take more pressure off than Carmelo Anthony? Anthony is a better offensive player in every aspect of the game

Biggest difference will be that Anthony will be able to more damagingly take advantage of the defensive breakdown ...besides just shooting at three

#88 megastahr, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Little Bit likes this.
  9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

throw the league a curveball. start bobby brown, AND, move harden to 6th man.

then offer sergio a poison-pillish contract with vet min first year and 20+m next two years. his team will be forced to let him walk

then make capela rapid-force learn to shoot threes till the season starts. just shoot about 10k threes a day, skip preseason evennovember if he has to.

then last but not least, trade ryan for a future 2nd

get the next 2 drafts' top 3 lottery picks

megastahr likes this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you, if Melo came here to play like USA Melo there is no doubt that he would be much better than Ryno here. However, looking ahead, we have a damn good team and I'm not sure what the doom and gloom is all about. I know that having Melo may have given us a better opportunity to beat the Warriors, but it is what it is. I still think we have a great team and who knows, maybe the Warriors will get an injury this season or something. I'm not going to give up on the season just because one trade did not go through.

We have to appreciate that our team is in position to contend this season and we need to stop being so freaking negative of the outcome at the end of the season. Some of you guys are way too impatient. Realistically, none of the teams are good enough to surpass the Warriors. Even if OKC were to make it work, the team does not have the depth to compete with the Warriors.

I say sit back, relax and enjoy the season. It's going to be a good season and I think we have a good chance to make a run to the WCF at least. I know I may be in the minority, but not winning a championship does not make a season a failure. It sucks, because I do want our team to win a championship but there is only one winner a year. We have a good franchise with good management that has kept us competitive year in and year out, at some point some of you guys have to grow up and learn to appreciate that.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What's next on the agenda is figuring out what Fertitta wants in the long run.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Marc will eND up in San Antonio to play with brother in his twilight years... Spurs will move Aldridge. ..

13. PatBev

PatBev Member

I say we sign josh smith. He's the closest thing to a Melo at the stretch four in terms of offensive diversity and not just shoot threes like Ryan. Solid bench player

HTX Ninja and megastahr like this.
  14. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Didn't Burke already sign elsewhere?

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nothing else is happening

justtxyank likes this.
  16. megastahr

Likely

17. megastahr

That's prob the only option left

I couldn't even come up with a trade for an impact player that seemed realistic .......

Maybe oquin from New York ? They need to free up space for all their centers to play

HTX Ninja likes this.
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Deron Williams? Seems like the perfect back up pg option.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

we need a wing or frontcourt player that can get their own and create...all of our creators are guards and everyone else needs to be set up in order to score

20. PatBev

PatBev Member

**** New York. Morey isn't helping them unload ****