1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. rockets13champs

Thanks!! What time estimate can you give us on how long this process will take

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  2. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

@ch44 @cyberx @Codman

4. Bowlrips

Bowlrips Member

I dont want to give up Ariza.. but realistically if the trade is..

Ariza, Ryan Anderson, 2020 protected 1st for Carmelo Freakin Anthony.. how do you really say no?

Obito and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Ariza isn't going anywhere. Him and Paul were working out the other day in LA together.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ariza is a friend of CP3 so trade him and you have a serious problem, so yes ch44 is legit and yes Ariza could definitely be the hold up.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

while you don't have a say CP3 & Harden has

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The Ariza theory is very plausible (I discussed it on my podcast last week), and it makes some basketball sense because SF is the one spot where the Rockets do have some rotation excess. I doubt Ariza goes for a lot of reasons -- his history here, relationships with CP3 and James, etc -- but the uncertainty with his contract after this season is a factor that Daryl has to consider. Of course, there may have already been a "hypothetical" chat with Trevor and/or his representation to get a better handle on his July 2018 expectations... so it may not be quite as uncertain to Daryl as it is to us.

If Ariza stays, and my hunch is he will, then it gets interesting with Tucker and Mbah a Moute. In theory, one of those guys is movable without significantly altering the Houston rotation -- and perhaps that's why the Rockets floated an "in season" move as a possibility. That said, is P.J. Tucker or Luc Mbah a Moute really worth keeping Carmelo and all that comes with that until December, if you're the Knicks? My guess is no... and that's why I think they cave before camp.

9. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Because we wont need to give up Ariza if we wait longer. The pressure is on the Knicks, not the Rockets. They are countering with Ariza, Morey will counter with a left hook right hand.

10. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

when does the training camp starts exactly?
    does any1 know?

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

From my vantage point FWIW (& all that jazz), it is not Kyrie but rather what effect Kyrie et al have on any potential trade partners. 'Assets' are on
    hold until the ink is dry.

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Trevor Ariza is great because he's A very useful 3 and D player with a nice $7.5 million expiring contract. He also is top 10 in steals and three-pointers attempted while shooting 34.4% last season. He does not demand the ball and averages less than one turnover per game.

He is the perfect role player.

#8152 Brown Lost It, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

How is ariza overrated??

He is on a value deal of 7mil
    Excellent leader in the locker room
    Solid 3 and D player (just not in his prime)

He is a valuable role player for a contender.

EDIT: just saw. Brown Lost It above me :D

mockster and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  14. mockster

mockster Member

I would not mind parting with Ariza spec if it means landing Melo but it's a sticky situation

1. Ariza has been loyal and a big reason for recruiting some people

2. He's good friends with Melo, harden, brown and Paul. It's great chemistry for the team to have players close like that.

15. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Morey is gonna work his money maker magic. Just sit back and wait.

Daddy Long Legs and bawanyh like this.
  16. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

Glass = Backboard
    Surface = where they play basketball

Melo confirmed.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza is extremely important to this team, not because of how "good" he is, but because of how versatile he is and the fact that he is a competent rotation wing which is very valuable in this league.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

One week to go

Tuesday Five Forty Five

J_Hunter_1977 and BigggReddd like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My favorite TV station is channel 44. :cool:

ROXonROXonROX and Vivi like this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Basically, if another team is willing to take Anderson that means that other team (3rd team) has some sort of asset headed back to NY. So NY wants that 3rd team asset + Ariza. Rockets would rather NY just be content with the 3rd team asset. So, maybe NY tries to hold out to get Ariza, but when training camp comes, maybe NY just "bites the bullet" and takes the 3rd team asset and calls it a day.

Most important thing, from what @ch44 says, is that a 3rd team (two of them) are willing to take Anderson. So NY doesn't have to get Anderson back. We just don't know what type of asset the 3rd teams are offering. From NY's perspective, even if it is a slight degree, they are better assets than Anderson from their perspective.