1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

We will meet halfway. 475.

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Works for me

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I feel like this kid, waiting for Melo

[​IMG]

Fullcourt likes this.
  4. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

Because it's becoming clear now that the media hype that Cleveland was collapsing, which is what we heard when Kyrie announced he wanted to leave, is false. Cleveland will be better this year than it was last year. Make no mistake: Cleveland won this trade and solidified its position as the best team in the East and best challenge to GSW.

Melo sees that. And he also sees that HOU cannot get it done (sadly) and so this revamped CLE team becomes very attractive to him.

I don't think he focuses on whether LeBron will leave -- no one knows that for sure. I think what he focuses on is whether the team he joins can win a championship. And Melo with this CLE team can do it. That's what he cares about because if CLE wins the championship in 17-18, the issue of LeBron leaving disappears. LBJ ain't leaving a championship team

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Cleveland won this trade? Not quite sure about this one.

6. GGab_09

GGab_09 Member

Page 360, it's like we just made a 360 degree turn and ended up back where we started. Great

J.R. likes this.
  7. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

It's not about Morey moving. It's about a third team taking Ryno. That's it. I don't think there is much Morey can do.

8. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

-
    Reasonable minds can disagree. But I would take IT, Crowder, the other guy and the BKN lottery pick over Kylie.

HTX Ninja likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sorry, but I don't see how downgrading from Kyrie to IT who has yet to fully recover from his hip injury that he suffered months ago and adding a role player in Crowder makes them so much more appealing. The BK pick is interesting, but we don't know if they'll use it to upgrade the team. They would be foolish to trade it away unless they were confident that Lebron would stay past this upcoming season, and they clearly are not.

You're being very disingenuous if u don't think that the uncertainty surrounding Lebron isn't a major factor for why Melo had crossed them off his list. C'mon man...

What is Cleveland giving up for Melo? They have not been willing to give up Kevin Love. They damn sure aren't giving up that BK pick for him. So what are they gonna offer?

Also, the issues surrounding Cleveland did not just get erased after this trade.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Cavs won this trade because they got the BK pick. If they had not, then this trade would've been a Celtics win.

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Just like Verlander, Melo is not coming to Houston. Close thread.

NicaHoustonian likes this.
  12. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

When you offer third team Ryan Anderson, they will offer Knicks their own Bryan Anderson. What kind of useful "assets" do you expect third team to cough up for taking Ryan? Every team is trying to win a trade.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Yep.

Which means Cleveland will be worse this year.

14. tmacfor35

Quincy.

Stop making **** up and acting like you know what anyone let alone Melo is thinking.

You are acting a fool right now.

15. RockWest

What are you talking about?
    Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, Nets' 2018 first-round pick - I see FOUR trade pieces that are more attractive than Ryan Anderson. Teams would rather take a roookie than to be stuck with that contract. The other 3 pieces are much better.

Raisin likes this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

400 total pages by eod tomorrow

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

they will definitely miss Kyrie's playoff performances...I like that they added a 3&D player like Crowder because they really needed one, but going from Kyrie to IT is a definite downgrade as I think it's pretty clear who you'd rather have in the playoffs

Mazulis likes this.
  18. tmacfor35

Exactly.

19. tmacfor35

So Melo who wasn't going to waive his clause prior to the Kyrie Trade magically will after a swap for a worse player?

Yeah ok.

20. RockWest

Uh...how did you get there? I was just saying Ryan Anderson is seen as a negative trading piece.
    If I were Mills I wouldn't want to do this trade either.