1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is Lebron's future in Cleveland not up in the air right now? Yes or no?

Him leaving is a real possibility, or do u deny that? It makes sense that Melo might be reluctant to go there because of that.

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

could be another Portland troll that has gotten lost and wandered onto our board

DonKnock likes this.
  3. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    Let me spell it out. Deluded Rockets fans have bought in to the pure speculation of LBJ joining the Lakers because It makes them feel like Carmelo would be unlikely to join a rebuilding Cavs team. Problem is, this is rank speculation with no basis in truth as of now.

These same fans have charged-- similarly with little more than speculation -- that Melo is a cancer in NYK. Here again, they have bought into this idea because it makes them feel like NYK would not, or should not, want to keep a disgruntled player.

Problem is neither of these scenarios are supported by facts, only speculation. What is true is that Melo remains a Knick and the Rockets have nothing to offer them. A third team has not arisen. We will likely start the year with Ryno.

Everything else is speculation.

Zoplicone likes this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

5. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

What's this "we" stuff?

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Bro LeBron is coming here chill out

7. NicaHoustonian

I think it's time we come to realize that Melo is not coming to Houston. It was all a dream.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

9. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

It's no more "up in the air" than it would be in any contract year. Sure, he could leave. But the evidence suggests it's unlikely. Fact is, Cleveland just got much stronger and will be a force against the East and the West.

Fact also is that Cleveland will be a better team with LeBron at the end of next season than the Lakers will be with LeBron (were he to join them at the end of next season).

So, if the rationale for LeBron leaving to join the Lakers is that CLE cannot beat GSW, why would he join a team even less likely to beat GSW?

All this is to say that LBJ to LA is speculation. I don't think it's the basis for Melo's decision.

10. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Am I the only one noticing suspicious troll activity right now in drones??

DonKnock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  11. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    Is "troll activity" simply the submission of ideas that differ with yours? Come on bro... I am a two-time season ticket holder with love only for red nation.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Agree with this. Another tidbit I find amusing is the idea that if the Knicks don't send Melo to Houston (in other words put themselves in a worse position) then no free agent will ever want to play for them and their reputation will be ruined. Now those thoughts about NY may be true for other reasons, but sending Melo to Houston has no bearing on their image with players while making their team worse by taking an unattractive contract similar to Ryno's will most definitely hurt them.

14. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

I want to believe you. I really do. But something about you. Hhhmmmmmmmm????

15. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

I just haven't posted enough for you to know me. I'm good people, brother. And I am all about the HTX

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  16. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Ok you have me a believer. Thumbs up.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

The evidence suggests it's unlikely???? Where have u been? The evidence suggests that it's very likely that he may leave.

How many people here are saying that Lebron will go to LA? Not many. I'm not even sure why u have made that a talking point. Who on here is saying that he's 100% going to LA next summer? The media talks about Lebron to LA all the time, but Clutchfans? I don't think so. Most people seem to think he'll leave, but not to the Lakers. I think that most people think that he may come to Houston since we're already 1 of the best teams in the NBA, have an MVP candidate in Harden, and also a top 10 player in CP3 who happens to be 1 of his best friends. I just made a post on this thread this morning saying that the Lebron to LA talk from the media reminds me of the KD to LA talk a few years ago. The Lakers have too much work to do for a superstar who's priority is ring chasing. If they want the fame, lifestyle, and off the court opportunities, then LA can provide that, but championship contention? No.

everybody knows that Bron to LA is speculation and not fact...

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Doing right by your players isn't going to bring your organisation into a positive light with potential players?

Doing wrong and holding your player to ransom isn't going to bring your organisation into a negative light with potential players?

Let's be real here, yes it will.

It's been said before and it'll be said numerous times in the future whilst the Knicks continue to deploy this strong arm tactic.

It is a players league. You don't think on these little bro trips away boys aren't going to talk?

"Yeah man, can you believe those a**holes in NY? I did everything I could for that organisation, only for them to sit back while I was slandered throughout the media and painted in a negative light."

"LOL Melo no one cares I just signed a contract with them over this other team who has players giving them nothing but glowing reviews"

.... That's not how the conversation is going to go.

19. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Has he not seen that Durant said he would never play for the Knicks? Players and agents are watching.

#7139 J_Hunter_1977, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Melo is a lost cause. He is a Cavalier.

NicaHoustonian and J_Hunter_1977 like this.