1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is not what I meant, I reckon the quality might drop or it might be the same.

Even if you just extend it to 10 episodes instead of 7 it would be a huge relief for the narrative.

They would have enough time to travel forth and back......without being 'beamed' to a location.

I still have not gotten enough of war scenes. Moar! ;)

What I am getting at is, technically they could do it, and it would likely involve more shooting time and waiting time for the audience and scheduling with the actors and crew.

Some of us know you and other guys are involved in filmmaking but give the others some room for discussion.

It might have a tad more on the plus side than negatives. Unless producers tell us it is not fiscally possible.

#1361 daywalker02, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wait.. was that the season finale?

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So the wight dragon shouldn't be able to spit fire right? Considering it's now dead and fire kills wights and all that?

Meh the finale probably won't address it but yeah sounds like Viserion will melt the wall no doubt.

Also where is Jon going? He should stop by Winterfell you know have a friendly chat maybe see how things are going before he heads south again? Introduce the North to Dany perhaps?

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Fair enough, I don't want to **** on either side. Fans are the reason you make things and producers figure out how to make what the fans want within reason. All are good folks in my book. Not my actual book, my figurative book.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

F-----!!!!!!

Night King has a dragon... S----!!!!!

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Jon: Dany
    Dany: o_o
    Jon: ok not Dany.. My Queen
    Dany: ♡_♡

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Now that the episode has aired...

Please tell me someone else yelled out 'HOLY SH*T' when the bear came out of the blizzard.

Could sense it was coming but great the army of the dead now has a dragon.... How the F does it play out from here!?!? I cannot wait to see how the battle for air supremacy goes down.

I have never bothered with the 'next weeks preview', but temptation got the best of me. I'm hoping against hope other things happen in this episode that it's not just them trying to convince Cersei.

Like phillyrocket said above I'd love for Jon to get to Winterfell and finally reunite with Arya.

Bran better stop being a useless little sh*t and get Littlefinger added to Arya's list.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bran still hasn't gotten over ruining Hodor's life just so that he could sacrifice his bacon. He turned vegan that very day.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Maybe he'll now be able to shoot ice out instead of fire?

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You're forgetting that movies would make more money for them.

Again, not sure how they're making a profit now. HBO does not have the increased subscription rate to match the increased budget between seasons 1 to now.

The only good thing about a movie is that it gives them more of a budget to work with due to more expected profits. But I agree, there may be even less content than what they have now.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Man, these last two episodes. Not great. Really surprised at how stupid Arya is acting; it's like she's season 1 Arya all over again at age 11 (or however old she was supposed to be).

cebu and fba34 like this.
  12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That little conversation between Dany and Tyrion was a small bit but interesting. Them just throwing out her succession plan seems like a major red flag or red herring.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think the time travel aspect is a fair gripe, this being a fantasy show doesn't excuse itself from being consistent. They have made it a point to describe how great the distances between things are and that's clearly out the window. That said, I just don't care at all and I understand why they do it. The show is still awesome.

The only thing I'm not liking is the Sansa/Arya storyline. Unless Arya is out littlefingering littlefinger with the long game, than I'm not sure what the point of all this is. Arya needs to be some kind of player in the demise of Cercei or in the battle of the Whitewalkers or her journey up to now will be a waste of time. She does have that knife.

GRENDEL likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah she's either getting axed sooner than we think or their giving us a hint that Dany and Jon may be able to produce a baby together. Or nothing. But they brought offspring up twice.

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

One thing that I havent really seen mentioned, Littlefinger mentions to Sansa that Brienne is sworn to protect both her and Arya and would intercede if anything were to happen between them, and then Sansa moments later sends Brienne to Kings Landing.... Is Sansa planning to get rid of Arya?

BigM likes this.
  16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

dragons are her children. they should get to succeed.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My guess is that the red woman can fix her little womb problem and it'll probably be the last thing she'll do.

BigM likes this.
  18. Anticope

Anticope Member

Come on. It's just lazy, convenient writing at this point. The show's still enjoyable but I'm not sure why people are hellbent on making excuses for what's very clearly a rushed story now. I'm not going to just throw logic to the wind because it's a fantasy series, characters traveled across the continent in what was a realistic manner (in comparison to real life) early on in the show but now we have characters traveling across Westeros in the span of 10 minutes of show time.

Maybe Jon and the crew sat there surrounded by wights for a few days but I have a hard time believing that the white walkers just sat there and stared at them for that long while they had spears with pinpoint accuracy that they can take down dragons with. The head-scratching logic is making the show harder and harder to enjoy.

19. ptR91

ptR91 Member

NK HAS A FROST WYRM!!! but was that just an ice spear or something magical?
    where tf is Bran, why doesn't he just tell his sisters whats going on with littlefinger, jon, the battle... but i guess that'd be too easy for the show

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

After watching the episode the first time my immediate thought was all her children (dragons) are going to die.

But then there'll be a miracle baby with Jon and Dany.

Although then I cringe at the thought of everyone reigning fire in this forum at the two of them having a baby.

I had no idea what to make of that after I first watched it.

But on second viewing (to me at least) it made a lot more sense.

Littlefinger manipulated her into thinking that Brienne will side with all the Lords of the North once they are informed of the scroll.

Sansa will attempt to cross Ayra to prevent that from happening - where Brienne's allegiance will be to the sister doing the noble thing - and she will defend Ayra.

Thus she's sent away to Kings Landing.

Well they're the army of the dead. They're not exactly the army of brainiacs.

It's unfortunate you have a hard time believing the army of the dead just sat there and stared at them. Because that's literally exactly what they did right in front of your eyes. I mean you're complaining about things not being right in front of your eyes, and now you're complaining about what actually was right in front of your eyes.

The dead don't have the knowledge of the science behind water freezing to ice and it being strong enough to hold them crossing over. I can bet you they didn't spend that (untold, bazinga) time sitting there watching the water waiting for it to freeze. They were watching their prey.

It took the rock and it being spelled out for them to finally cross.

And onto your spears complaint.. I have a hard time believing they'll watch the Night King brandish an ice javelin, take his nice slow long wind up, watch him launch, then proceed to watch said ice javelin hurtle towards them without moving. Oops. There's one ice surface to air missile that the Night King can't lock onto Drogon with.

You really seem to fixate on strange/"idiotic" things, all the while choosing to ignore several other (as equally) strange/"idiotic things.

don grahamleone and GRENDEL like this.