1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

melo's skyhook though. deserves it's own thread :D

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So would Melo still be playing in New York or is he kept from games till that's sorted out?!

Why cause disturbances when he is going to be an UFA next year any way?

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Melo, and other players in the NBA should be furious that the Knicks have the gall to ask him to expand his list to help the team. Melo didn't want to leave, he loves New York. They publicly disrespected him for a full god damn year until he made the tough decision to leave and waive his NTC. Now they want him to EXPAND the list? Where the fck do they get off? Why the hell would Melo want to help them at all after all they've put him through? Melo doesn't owe them ****. Such a disgusting organization.

4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Wonder if the NBPA can get involved in this

Tfor3 and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL they have their rights!

Hopefully the Knicks...and other teams...will stop having that NTC in offered contracts then. They have no one to blame but themselves.

6. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I am with your sentiment, but it doesn't hurt the team to ask. You don't know until you ask.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I think it absolutely hurts their image. If I'm an NBA player, I'm shaking my head hard right now.

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

And it also kills me that NY fans/media act like things should be a blank slate now that Phil Jackson is gone. As if Steve Mills wasn't there while the organization was treating Melo like trash.

Richie_Rich, Tfor3 and luckyman76 like this.
  9. rockets13champs

Why would they we've seen longer trade dramas before

10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

They can't bench Melo. The moment they do unless Melo's behavior warrants it, they will be bombarded with questions and there will be articles everywhere. Also that will yet another black mark on the franchise and will do nothing to help the moral or culture.

11. rocketseagles07

Lol man you guys are delusional. Why would the NBPA get involved over melo not being traded for something the Knicks don't like?

I hate sounding like a Knicks fan but melo has a no trade clause not a must trade clause.

On the, "players looking at the Knicks badly" note. More than they already do? Nobody wants to go there right now anyways besides kyrie. Everybody in the league understands it's a business. Their treatment of him prior to the trade request is what they will look at.. not the fact that they won't give him away for something they don't like

HoustonCRT, Daddy Long Legs and Reeko like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

benching Melo would go against their goal of increasing his trade value

13. rocketseagles07

And I do think they're dumb for not moving him... but you guys idea that they should be forced to is just as dumb

14. Bowlrips

Bowlrips Member

I dont understand why this board thinks that the Knicks cant bench Melo.. it doesnt matter how much hes making.. it doesnt matter who he is.. while it might be "dirty" they got to do whatever they need to do to either a) extract the best return b) remove the possibility of him opting into his second year of his contract.
    If anyone understands this it is certainly Mike D'antoni as this is the strategy he implemented during his time with the Knicks with Steph Marbury

15. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

His trade value is dependent on him wanting to go to another team.

He has no value to 28 other teams because he doesn't wanna go there.

He could average 50 up until the deadline his value would still be to Houston, who would still offer the same package.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I agree with this. There's zero reason for the NBPA to get involved. The Knicks have handled the situation poorly, but it's not like they're doing something illegal or that goes against Melo's rights as a player.

The Knicks shouldn't have told him that he'd be heading to Houston before having a deal that they liked, and they should've worked with Melo to try and get him to waive his NTC in a professional manner instead of having Phil do all the nonsense that he was doing.

Tfor3 and DonKnock like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Knicks will always be a joke of a franchise until James Dolan is their owner, they want cap space for what? To overpay another bench player like they did with Hardaway or to overpay a scrub like they did with Baker? Or maybe to overpay a done player like they did with Noah? Nobody really good is going there anyway...

DonKnock likes this.
  18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It is still NyC. They are trying to prove that they will no longer kneel down to a player and for now on they are dedicated to what is best for the Knicks and their ability to win. The knicks want something better than a redundant piece in Ryan Anderson and if you were the Knicks, you would want that too. Now the Utah Package sounds very intriguing. If the Rockets can help them move Joakim noah as a favor as well. I think this would help change the whole scenario of it all. It is only fair we help them if they help us.

19. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

DonĀ“t really know, copied the weet, pasted the tweet. Now this number that I believe is the post number shows up.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

the article that was posted on here said that they think that Melo's value could skyrocket at the trade deadline, but that's not happening if they pull a Marbury or bench him...that makes it more likely that he just gets bought out or the Knicks accept whatever sh*tty offer is on the table to end all the headache and drama IMO