1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Let me be #311

alethios and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Little bird tells me Melo will come when this thread reaches 400 pages..or 500 pages :rolleyes:

mockster and gogispade like this.
  3. rockets13champs

Page 301 keep the tweets at mills coming @scmills on twitter

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

5. rockets13champs

So this is what we got from tweeting at Steve Mills

Lets keep it going

@scmills
    Eventually he will cave in

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

It was a real life event before a comic

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://nypost.com/2017/08/10/the-latest-nba-star-who-wants-carmelo-anthony-to-join-his-team/

The Post reported last month the Pelicans would be interested in facilitating a three-team Anthony deal. According to an NBA source, New Orleans also would have interest in getting Anthony for its roster.

Nevertheless, an NBA source told The Post that Anthony has told the Knicks he would not agree to waive his no-trade clause for New Orleans.

According to the source, the Knicks are still hopeful Anthony eventually will expand his wish list beyond the Rockets — with the Trail Blazers, Cavaliers, Thunder and Pelicans holding interest.

The source said the Knicks brass has told Anthony he needs to do so because they are unwilling to make a “bad trade” — and he seemed to understand the team’s position.

But Anthony still has no desire to team up in the Big Easy, site of his grandest moment when Syracuse won the NCAA championship there in 2003.

For now, it’s a standoff, but the Knicks have more leverage than advertised. The club’s primary goal is not an eighth seed, but developing its young corps, so Knicks management can pull another Stephon Marbury and not play Anthony if he causes disturbances at training camp.

Their leverage grew with Tuesday’s signing of scoring forward Michael Beasley, who was talented enough to be picked No. 2 by the Heat — behind Derrick Rose — in the 2008 draft.

If the Knicks can’t find a trade that makes sense, owner James Dolan and president Steve Mills are adamant about not waiving Anthony or using the stretch provision. The thinking goes Anthony likely will opt out after the season, giving them cap space galore. His trade value also could skyrocket at February’s deadline.

Anthony has an unyielding yen for the Rockets and has been in contact with longtime buddy Paul, as well as Harden.

The Knicks found unappealing a scenario proposed by the Rockets in which they would acquire Ryan Anderson’s contract, which has three years and $60 million remaining. Limited as a “stretch 4,” Anderson also has the misfortune of playing Kristaps Porzingis’ position.

LOL Go ahead and try it New York - "We're not gonna play you." :rolleyes:

8. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Knicks want Melo to expand list

Melo won't

Now what?

If I'm Melo I opt in and plant my roots even more.

9. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

So benching Melo and signing Michael Beasley is leverage now?

That article is all fabricated bullshit

Richie_Rich, DonKnock, brosef and 4 others like this.
  10. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

looks like it might be a mess in knicks organization if the season starts with melo still a knick

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

It's just a staring contest or a poker game right now. In Morey I trust.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

even david kahn and rob hennigan wouldn't fall for this fake crap quite obviously written by the knicks front office themselves

13. jogo

jogo Member

I thought the same thing. Beasley somehow means they have leverage? I've seen him play; that's not leverage.

It feels like NYK trying to create the illusion that they have more say in this matter than they actually have. Some people have suggested that Melo may need to get whiny and I think that may be an option the closer we get to the start of the season. The Knicks/Phil did trash Melo for much of last season. They made their bed here.

I'd give up RA, expirings, and one first round pick. Maybe add a second. That's it. We can ride with RA and be fine.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yeah Beasley gives them more leverage. LOL

15. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

I don't think the New York media realizes that melo is fine with playing two years in New York for 54 million bucks. He's not opting out. If was going to opt out and he really wanted to play somewhere else he would have waived his no trade clause. The only other place he'd rather play than NY is Houston, although he prefers to play in Houston I don't think it matters that much to him.

basketballholic likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I laughed at the comment about Beasley, what a joke

Vivi and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

27% of your salary cap sitting on the bench is a great way to build a team, for possible 2 years.

Not going to happen.

Some posters made the point that Mills is doing his due diligence to try and get a better deal for NYK however he can before or instead of trading Melo to Houston. Morey would do the same in a similar situation (which we would never have). Just chalk the up to another Mills bullet spent hoping it hits something.

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Kind of. The story was historical fiction.

The battle of thermopylae happened in real life but the story that we see in the movie in comics belongs to frank miller.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right? If Michael Beasley is your leverage, you're in serious trouble.

ElDobleK likes this.
  20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

In B4 McCollum is recruiting him!:rolleyes: