1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gotta find a way to move the elephant in the room. Who wants this elephant? 3-way trade with the New York Zoo?

[​IMG]

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Sac has cap space, plus he could start there in front of zack. Thats the only place i see him going now, i mean he has a home near there.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uncanny...I watched your copy last night!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Always a classic. And a useful comparison here.

Plowman likes this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That it is.

6. rockets13champs

I think we have to wait for Kyrie

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Can only do that with a team that has his bird rights, which no one would have with a buyout and if someone signs him, he can't be traded until the normal time with a signing which is 1 month I believe. At that point though, we have to trade almost equal salary the 15% difference so if he signs MAX, we'd have no chance to get him back with our salary issues since no one wants Ryno lol

#34 Member

This.

All of our old trade partners have new GMs; Philly, Memphis, Sacramento, New York....:(

D-rock, DonKnock and today like this.
  9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because Carmelo is 33 years old, declining, not that good anymore, is owed $54M over the next 2 years, can go nuclear on the organization, is a substantial chemistry risk... do I need to go on? The Knicks have things to lose by standing pat, too.

I won't say you're 100% wrong, because this is all conjecture. However, to say that someone who disagrees with you "clearly doesn't understand how trades work or anything about the NBA" is rather ridiculous. They just have a different opinion than you do.

P.S. I know some folks in this thread have their agendas, and y'all can believe whatever you want... but I can promise you the line about the Rockets "not having a taker" for Ryan is factually inaccurate. As Woj reported on 7/12 and many others have alluded to afterward (including the Rockets privately), the parameters of a deal were in place in which someone other than the Knicks was taking Ryan. In all likelihood, they're still in place. But to take Ryan, the other teams need to offload certain salaries. The Knicks would rather have the cleanest break possible (salary-wise), and there's still almost 2 months until training camp, so they're stepping back to see if anyone caves and offers more assets.

Now, in a round-about way... yes, Ryan's bloated contract is still a hindrance to the deal... in the sense that in order for a third team to take him, they'd have to offload salaries that are also undesirable to the Knicks. I'll agree with that. But the line from Berman and a couple others about "not having a taker for Anderson" is an oversimplification for brevity's sake. There is and will be a taker, it's just the Knicks are playing hardball at the moment and not wanting to accept what gets offloaded from the third/fourth teams as part of the proposal. Anderson's contract is a big part of that, certainly, but "not having a taker" simply isn't accurate.

10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Are we still at the 2 yard line? Have we gave up a safety yet?

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't think so. Kings used their cap space on Randolph, Carter & Hill.

No.

Turnover on downs. ;)

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not having a taker "within reason" if people want to sugarcoat his toxic contract with that qualifier. and having to take on crap such as meyers leonard's toxic contract in return certainly would not fall within reason.

14. joshsemite

joshsemite Member

Is Detroit a feasible landing spot for RA? RA + 2020 1st to Detroit, Tobias Harris & filler to NYK & Melo to Hou?

DonKnock and jch1911 like this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We get it, you have an agenda and it makes it impossible for you to understand basic facts, but I'm going to try anyway.

There was a deal in place for a team to take Ryan Anderson. However, as a team over the cap, the other team HAS TO SHIP OUT CONTRACTS THAT MATCH.

The problem with Ryan Anderson's deal being so high is that the other team that wants to take him can't just absorb him and send out filler, they have to send out a big contract. The Knicks don't want that contract. They are trying to clear cap space. From the Knicks perspective, unless they are getting a star type back, they don't want to take on any salary beyond this season. It's not about not liking Ryno or the other player, it's about wanting cap space. They want to be players in free agency.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This would be a good deal for NY but they may still try to play hard.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I will serve up smoked crow if I'm wrong, but this thing seems dead. It's August and I don't think Carmelo will be a rocket before training camp. Maybe come February he's a rocket, but I think for now, it's not happening.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hold on hoss. you got to be fuking kidding here. you want to tell this bbs that "it's not about not liking ryno" ???

i challenge you to come up with one scenario of any team that would trade for ryno without sending back absolutely crap or asking for a warchest of assets attached to his sorry ass contract. hoss you be on the clock now...

19. Black Yoshi

Black Yoshi Member

Can the NBA commissioner force a trade..???

Artie_Fufkin likes this.
  20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If they don't trade Melo, I hope he opts in next year for $30M and prevents them from moving forward for at least 2 more seasons