1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

if he gets bought out, it won't cost us anywhere close to 27m, he ends up an unrestricted free agent.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so much for your guaranteeee https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...First-Rounders-From-Rockets-For-Ryan-Anderson

and i said he's being overpaid by roughly 50% according to your own mkt value of $12-14M. $13M x 1.5 = $19.5M

what numbers have i fudged?

3. AusEaglez

AusEaglez Member

Yeah, that is so true. This is a prime example of why David Griffin would of wanted to overhaul the front office. However they ended up promoting their GM to President of Basketball operations, and hired a first time GM which would get no control over any player personal decision and just be a YES man. Yet they still keep the majority of their FO intact.

Im a Pilot in Australia, and if I am wasting money for the company I work for by using to much fuel on each flight, and making passengers upset and complain. Is the logical next step to promote me to command, and be a Captain? OH HELL NO!!!! My ass is fired and I will never find work in this country again, let alone most parts of the world. So its really stupid that he truly believes his FO can fix this when they have been there for years and just keep getting worse, not just on the court as well.

Daddy Long Legs and 1Deep like this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Who are these teams that have come out beyond the rumor shadows? We know nothing about who is willing and who isn't. You're talking out of a place that has no substance. I wish you would talk like that. "I think" goes a long way.

Bobsputin likes this.
  5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

But we don't have his bird rights which means we can go over the cap to resign him after this season

heypartner likes this.
  6. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I like how people talk like they are sitting in with the negotiations when the only thing we know for sure is Melo wants to come to the Rockets.

We know there have been positive trade rumors, (trade on 2 yrd line, 5:45,). You have to assume there have been negative ones as well (2 1st just to talk, no one wants Ryan).

Opinions are cool, feel free to express. People are throwing this sh** around like its facts need to stop.

Oh, and Good Morning and have a nice day.

7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

If he got bought out we could just get a team with cap space to do a SNT correct? In order to give multi year deal to attain bird rights?

8. macan

macan Member

good morning, daily checkup, where's melo?

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Huh?

10. baubo

baubo Member

I actually listened to that podcast. The requirement was talked about in relation to opening up cap room and therefore a team asked for 2 1sts in order to absorb Anderson's salary into the cap.

We would not be trading Anderson for cap room to get Melo. It doesn't even make sense cap wise since we at least need a big salary in return just to match salary. I ultimately have no idea what teams are asking for to trade certain contracts to the Rockets that the Knicks would agree to, but what Bobby Marks said months ago really have no actual bearing on the current situation.

11. amaru

amaru Member

It's the years and price tag

12. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

As soon as Ryan gets traded, the receiving team is going to say they wanted him all along and how he is a good player blah blah blah. The other teams are simply trying to drive his value down.

heypartner and Cash Cam like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Not for this season. Next season is where we would be in a tough spot

14. rockets13champs

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Where have u been fam?

for a minute there I thought u had been banned or some ****

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Smfh

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. rockets13champs

He needs to voice his opinion to media. And really add some juice to this

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I've seen Melo's camp go from confident to just hopeful that a trade will go down. I don't think Morey is gonna start adding in a bunch of extra assets, and the Knicks aren't gonna get anything too enticing from a 3rd team that's taking on Ryno. Bringing Melo into training camp would add more drama, distraction, and dysfunction. Keeping Melo goes against what they've stated they've wanted to build.

The hope is that NY will be so put off by the ramifications of bringing Melo into training camp that they fold and accept whatever garbage offer is on the table as we approach the start of camp. If they still haven't accepted any trade and Melo is still there at the start of the season, then a buyout becomes more and more likely IMO.

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  19. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I partially blame the 76ers for this mess. If they wouldn't have fired Hinkie we'd have our 3rd team to complete the deal. Hinkie would have had Morey's back.

Why not?, #34 and HTX Ninja like this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This Mexican standoff is boring. If there's a three team trade to be had, you need to superimpose each GM in the place of Eastwood (Morey), Lee Van Cleef (whose fate Mills wants to avoid), and Wallach (3rd GM) into that Cemetery Triangle of Death. Feel free to play the soundtrack in your head: Doo-de-la-doo, WAH WAH WAH.

Except the scene could go on months.

I still wonder if this is all a matter of waiting on a trade-able contract.

today and Plowman like this.