1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For All You Non-Believers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 28, 2017.

1. the shark

the shark Member

Don thanks for sharing this.

A thread should be started and pinned to the top (hell maybe even this thread) that has videos of great Rocket playoff games where Clutchfans members can access them at any time.

2. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Dude said no one thought the Rockets would have a chance to repeat @ the 2 min mark. He is wrong. There was only one person who picked the Rox to repeat. Anybody remember? That person is Chris Webber. He picked the Rox on national TV to win it all.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

I can't believe that this just occurred to me. I graduated high school and moved to Houston in 1994 until I moved to Austin in 1996 midway through the season. If Houston wants another championship, someone in this forum should offer me a high paying job that I just can't refuse in Houston.

Bobsputin likes this.
  4. No Chill Rocket

Send me your resume.

-
    _holic weekly newsletter

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets back then were a victim of the media.
    Since most of the media is from New York, they were angry the Rockets won.

Think about it today. There are bad teams in the league but none of them get the press that the Knicks get.

Also any sliver of hope, like Jeremy Lin's streak, gets blown out the water.

Yao Ming didn't all the many covers of magazines his first few weeks. Thank goodness Barkley made that dumb donkey bet. That put lots of attention on the Rockets.

Charles Oakley gets so much press cause he was a tough enforcer but nobody talks about how tough Otis Thorpe was facing him and Barkley and Karl Malone.

So the non believers statement was justification for us true Rockets fans

don grahamleone and DonKnock like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Y'all are missing the reference.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-form-a-line-to-submit-your-apologies.280373/

Just a joke.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Today people would say something like, "This is for all you haters." & then throw up two middle fingers. That's basically what Rudy T did there, but he was a bit more classy about it, but like you said, it's clearly a directive. Hate me? Hate on this, biatch! Rudy T invented it no matter how many times and how many ways people say it. (Don't correct me if I'm wrong, what would be the stupid point of that?)

To all you mother ****ers out there that thought we'd fail, how do you like me now? See? It's the same thing. Rudy invented it.

Mazulis and Killatron 2000 like this.
  9. don grahamleone

I think you're missing the point in your reference. Your epic thread really should have been called "Non-Believers Please Form A Line To Submit Your Apologies". Rudy is our leader, we follow his example. Not the other way around. If you coach a championship, we'd repeat whatever you said because it worked.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

11. tinman

Supporting Member

OT.
    Thank you.

Mazulis likes this.
  12. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

13. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

You can relive some of these moments with clips of the Gene Peterson - Jim Foley radio broadcast crew at http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Tribute_to_Peterson_and_Foley-267614-34.html

I was lucky enough to be alive for these games. I remember high school graduation was taking place during Game 6 against Phoenix in '95 and one of the dads was giving hand gestures to keep some of us up to date on how the Rockets were doing.

#73 rockets94-95, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Mazulis likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

Quick story. Met him at Pluckers in Austin. I never dropped anything and when he walked in I started shaking and dropped about 6 drinks all over the floor. I wasn't proud of it, but I hope he would take it as a compliment that I was in such awe.

15. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

I've always held out hope that one of the players on those two teams would one day coach the Rockets back to championship greatness. Guys like Hakeem, Elie, or Bullard who knew how to play the game and how to exploit team strengths and overcome weaknesses. I wonder if there was ever interest on either side.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Great thread! I took my oldest son to Game 5 in San Antonio (I was stationed there). It was incredible and we were surrounded by Spurs fans. Olajuwon was simply poetry in motion on the court and Cassell was the gritty competitor we all loved. My son became a life long fan after that game. https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199505300SAS.html

17. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

That was real game of basketball for man!

It was A TEAM OF NO QUITER'S. IT WAS A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS! Sadly it was 1/4 century ago :( !

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Saw him at Black Walnut Cafe in Austin.
    Thanked him for Clutch City and you can tell he was genuinely proud of it.

We will never let the non believers win

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Best chance is cassell
    He's currently the assistant with the clippers

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I was visiting my grandparents in southeast asia for summer break. I woke up early to watch the games because of the time difference. Greatest summer ever! I came home to take a road trip to orlando wearing multiple Rockets championship tshirts. Greatest feeling ever. Hoping this years squad reignite those tingles.