1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. aroundtheblock2

They're cornered and their own actions put themselves in the corner that they're in right now and they don't like it.

Why wouldn't we wait for a better offer? The Rockets would because they don't give players stupid no trade clauses. The Knicks? They give their players no trade clauses and now the player dictates what happens in a trade. Its pretty simple here as Melo has all the leverage with the NTC. The Knicks can either trade him, or let his being in NYK turn into a drama that pushes FA away for years to come...and make no mistake that it will happen. Dolan has a knack for this.

2. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

When it gets all quiet on the news front like this is usually the time you get surprised with the trade going down. Happened with Barkley and t Mac trades. One day soon you will wake up and there it is.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Just because they want him out and he wants out doesn't mean they should just accept whatever trash gets thrown their way... they have a new GM now that many seem to believe is a bright guy and this trade is going to shape his moves going forward so why shouldnt he hold out? There is still three months left until the start of the season.

and how can you say that FAs wouldn't want to come there when literally the best player on the market right now Kyrie Irving said he would want to play for them.

Sajan and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Great point with the Kyrie thing and I kinda agree that it's hard to blame the Knicks for holding out and not accepting garbage. It's not like the offer can get any worse this is like rock bottom as is. The only thing they have to lose by holding out is face and the media can always spin it around to Melo and Houston's fault for limiting the trade partners and only offering garbage respectively. I do agree though that we shouldn't bump up the offer. If we can't get him for peanuts then to hell with him we can roll with what we've got. But the part I don't agree with is how people demonize the Knicks for doing what's best for their situation.

5. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Hey guys! It's officially Friday on the East Coast!

Happy Pounder Day!

6. BackdoorHarden

I'm imminently committed to watching a hot p*rn movie tonight while waiting for the Melo trade soon

jacoby and BigggReddd like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Tmac trade was expected but the Barkley one came out of nowhere especially most people thought he was headed to NY

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  8. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Actually Barkley deal was talked about a lot by the Houston press for a few weeks on and off. Can't remember the small details that held it up but I remember it being talked about. But yes I do remember new York being mentioned as well. But in the end this will go down as the most nerve racking with melo

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

When we were kids belonging felt good ,but having respect feels even better.....

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Exactly, I mean at the end of the day they have the asset that we want not the other way around. So I just don't see how people can act like they are being stupid or bitter by waiting it out... the offers can't get any worse, Carmelo has played for them for over a year with all this circus around him and everyone already thinks they are idiots so why should they rush? They have smart people in their front office just like we do regardless of what people want to say and they might not have a lot of leverage but that doesn't mean you just accept Ryan Anderson if you don't want him.

But I disagree in regards to not bumping up the offer if we get to close to the season I would bump it up slightly just because I'd rather have Melo going into the start of the season and you don't want to wait for a buyout because 1 there is no guarantee he signs here and 2 we couldn't resign him after the season.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  11. today

today Contributing Member

Morey is like an offensive lineman right now... Not flinching a muscle even though the ball is taking forever to be snapped.

#HoldYourWater #OwnTheKnicks

ClutchCitity81 and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

FWIW there is ZERO muscle in maury. Just layers of adipose tissue

Snow Villiers likes this.
  13. macan

macan Member

good morning melo thread! what's new?

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Today is the deadline.

Have your F5 key good to go with replacements readily available

DonKnock, ClutchCitity81 and macan like this.
  15. ClutchCitity81

What else can they ask for after they **** on Melo all of last yr. New York Pricks made their bed now they are all pissy because they have to lay in it.

16. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Would love to start my weekend off with news of a completed Melo trade. I'm just saying...

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. mockster

mockster Member

Pounder said it was today

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

CCCC A RRRR M M M EEEEE L OOOO
    C AAA R R MMMMM E E L O O
    CCCC A A R R M M M EEEEE LLLL OOOO

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Trades usually happens when they don't have previous discussions (example: Paul George to OKC Thunder).