1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Deal starting all over according to Woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Jul 17, 2017.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's an elite third option. Only GS has a player that would have a comparable third wheel.

YOLO, napalm06, amaru and 5 others like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty much this.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That's a different statement all together.

amaru and Nook like this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

We've been thru this before. His career numbers say differently. Just bc a player's not Lebron James, doesn't mean they can't be elite. Nobody in this league can guard Melo one on one

ClutchCitity81 likes this.
  5. ClutchCitity81

Potato head still saying Melo to Rockets but everyone has been saying the same since forever. Lets go Morey make it happen!

6. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

really hoping for some positive tweets today.. We need to get some movement on t his.
    Will be nice to have some traction heading into the weekend

7. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I whole-heartedly agree, but I'm expecting this to go to end of August/early September. ... maybe just a way to stop looking at CF every 4 mins.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

things have been pretty quiet lately...Morey does his best work in the shadows

9. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Post Potato heads tweet for 100 more pages of nonsense. StayMe7o.

10. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

I hope not.. I would be more functional at work- if this would get done soon haha

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  11. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Who knows what trades lurk in the hearts of men? The Morey knows...

justtxyank likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

13. hakeemthagreat

When googling "Carmelo to Rockets" for any new information, all i keep getting is freakin 'Portland getting Carmelo" articles That's funny bc Melo literally said Portland is not a option. My inner conspiracy theorist says NY is behind all these Portland rumors because they simply don't want to deal with us. Given the fact they don't want Anderson, i can see this. But part of me thinks they're being petty because it's Houston, and they don't want Melo coming to a place where he'll potentially come out the winner. Him going to Portland will basically be at best a 6th-8th seed & 1st-2nd round playoff. With us we will be legit contenders and considered a threat to GS. That means the media will be FORCED to talk about Houston (something we know they hate to do). I honestly think the reason this is dragging on is over petty azz nonsense

RocketsFanBrian and jch1911 like this.
  14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I would not even give that Melo to Portland any mind. Melo is 33 years old, why would he go to Portland. Makes no basketball sense.

slothy420 likes this.
  15. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Just say it's true. It holds no weight because of the NTC, and Melo does not want to go there. But, NYK are known for doing crazy things.

I keep coming back to them wanting to "build his value" back up. How do you do that? You spent the last couple of yrs knocking it down. Maybe you can build it up during the season. How do you do it in the off-season?

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

You can argue about Kevin Love vs the Warriors but I don't see how Carmelo is more elite than him. 19 and 11 on a top team is a pretty good third wheel.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Because Blazers fans are delusional and desperate. They paid Evan Turner and Allen Crabbe to Ryno-like contracts lol. They have a useless sack of **** that is tying up money in Meyers Leonard.

They might not even be able to sign Nurkic next season if they don't shed salary. Or be forced to give him the QO and then take their chances in free agency after dealing Crabbe and Turner when they become expirings (which hasn't worked out well for them in the past lmfao).

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This is old news though.

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

must be imminent

Tfor3 and DonKnock like this.