1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony expecting Knicks to resume trade talks, sources say

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 15, 2017.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I've gotta think New Orleans could still be in the mix for Ryan.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Get the Wolves on the phone

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i thought he was ready to get out of there and nola was happy to be rid of him -- i don't see them being reunited and it feels so good

malakas likes this.
  4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Yep, Portland went from one crazy end of the spectrum (wanting Anderson) to the other end of crazy (thinking melo would go there)

I has confusion ... [​IMG]

Y2JT likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If Melo is worried about his image, he should get his butt to Houston and play for a contender. New York is one of the world's great cities, no doubt about it, but the Knicks are a mess that's going nowhere. I think Anthony is ready to contend before he's too old to matter. Harden, Paul, and the Rockets organization can give him what he wants. Time for the Knicks to wake up and smell the coffee, in my opinion. Time to dive into a rebuild and get something for Melo.

6. don grahamleone

`

Fulgore and pippendagimp like this.
  7. Quadrakill Amumu

Don't worry, guys. If the Knicks decides to unpause trade talks, then the search for a 3rd team will be imminent.

rocketman84 likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah this makes sense.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  9. onreego

onreego Member

"Perry has history with Anthony, strong relationships with some in Melo's inner-circle, and it makes sense for Perry to spend time this week surveying the depths of the damage and distrust left in Jackson's wake..."

He may be able to convince him that he can repair his image is all I'm thinking. Players have changed their stance before—Bosh, Deandre. Just keeping my expectations low too. Lol

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Perry's relationship with Carmelo's inner circle could also work to Houston's favor. If Team Carmelo is pushing Houston, and Perry has strong relationships with those people and wants to maintain those, he should see how pulling the rug out from under Carmelo after the franchise agreed to move him there is not conducive to a relationship moving forward.

11. don grahamleone

Perry could also value Ryan Anderson more than Mills.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

By the way, the other real takeaway here... if Carmelo gets bought out, he's picking Houston over Cleveland. It should've been obvious already, but a few Cavs fans were holding onto older rumors and/or that one Stephen A. Smith report that made no sense.

A buyout might become possible, if the Knicks want to "do right" by Carmelo but decide they absolutely can't stomach whatever contracts are coming their way via trade.

13. don grahamleone

I thought about finishing my post and typing "first" as the first comment, but you beat me to it.

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I actually think Tampa beats them.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Things seem to be heating up

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

best case scenario honestly. Having anthony starting with anderson + gordon off the bench would be unreal. our firepower would be insane.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

You are right sir. Don't let Carmelo or James know about this secret fact. We could lose our entire team.

Indeed, Portland boasts the highest number per capita in the U.S. — one for every 11,286 residents. This handily outranks the nudity-liberal likes of Las Vegas, New Orleans, and San Francisco, and even edges out Tampa, Florida, a city that often claims to be the country's strip club mecca.Sep 23, 2016

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Only a matter of time

My body is ready

19. don grahamleone

Are you saying there are scenarios where we could keep Ryno and get Melo? Wow if so.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Same story. Players want it to happen. Think it will happen. GMs not so much.

J.R. likes this.