1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Tarik Black

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jul 14, 2017.

1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Tarik works really hard. Does what he needs to do well. I like this signing a lot.

Hui and djperm like this.
  2. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I wanted them to sign Bosh instead. But Black does have a better shot of not dying on the court, so I approve.

Voice of Aus and Jontro like this.
  3. Play07

Play07 Member

Plot twist he's capela a SOLID insurance in a 4th star trade if we get melo ??????

Pat likes this.
  4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Tbh i dont know how i feel with giving Black the BAE. I guess the good thing is, it is only for one year... not that it matters this year. I was hoping to use the BAE on someone who comes free around the trade deadline after a buyout like Morey hinted...

Don't really understand how he fits either.... is he going to be the Center when NENE sits out and then ride the bench when NENE plays?.... because he would be a liability at the 4.

Still hoping for Affalo and Diaw once this Melo trade goes thru.

Interesting to see how this affects us in the trade for Melo.... there is no way we can take back salary... and will most likely have to send out everything Ngteed.... and possibility Taylor and Chuinu to be below the tax apron (hard capped) and still have a little bit of room to operate in case of injury.

We will see!

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Also everyone seems to have a short memory about the playoffs. If Nene doesn't get injured, we win game 5 and probably the series. Black is Nene insurance.

D-rock and slothy420 like this.
  6. Quadrakill Amumu

At the 4, not at the 3. I mean, D'Antoni was perfectly fine with chucking guards for extended time at the 3. It still goes back to the fact that, ultimately, if two of your rotation guys get hurt at the same spot, then you are going to be hurting dipping into Onooakoo/Zochee/Oothoff/T-Will/Bob-B/Taylor territory for most positions. So maybe two rotation guys get hurt at 4 and we dip into T-Will/Zochee territory or two rotation guys get hurt at 1 and we dip into Bob-B/Taylor territory. I mean, yeah, we all love to have the extra leeway, but I just don't see it as a position of special priority by that argument.

I mean, if we are going to assume that they add a vet 1, then why not also assume that they add a vet 4 and a vet 2/3, too. By then, we are 2-down safe everywhere except the 5, so let's also assume we add another vet there to back up Tarik Black as well, and we are right back to no position being one of special priority.

;)

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dantoni will never play 2 players that will not shoot the three, therefore he won't play Tarik, Capela or Nene anytime together.

bilaal14 likes this.
  8. Possum

Possum Member

this guy is going to fit in so well here with Paul and Harden. He will get plenty of playing time and will shine.

D-rock, Richie_Rich, djperm and 6 others like this.
  9. MystikArkitect

I'm cool with Clint and Nene against those behemoths Zaza and Javale. Ariza can guard KD about as well as any human on this planet can. CP3 can check slender man Curry. Draymond isn't a huge threat offensively, and we have two guys that can guard Klay.

I will say that we got demolished on the boards against OKC and we will need to be more physical (Clint). The Thunder are gonna be a problem for both the Rockets and the Warriors. Dubs size not a concern, Thunder a bit different. I'll give you that.

I don't get the Spurs concerns at ALL. They're going to be 5th or 6th in the West this next year and get bounced in the 1st round. They should go shopping at the Museum of Natural Science for more players as currently constructed.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Same mistake people have been making for the past decade now. Never count them out. I mean they just won 61 games the first year after their greatest player in franchise history retired. It's just unbelievable what Pop can do with any roster. Meanwhile were trying to get our first franchise 60+ win season.

chievous minniefield and Vivi like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with you. They need to fix the roster though, as today they are without a starting center, Pau is still not resigned, they swapped Simmons with Gay which i'm not sure is a good move (but we'll see, i just don't like Gay, and he's coming off a bad injury)...plus i wonder if they're going to keep LMA, he might be a problem if all the rumors are true, and i believe they are, wouldn't be shocked if they trade him before the season starts.

Caesar likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Everyone got better. They got worse. I just don't see them competing with the Rockets, Thunder or Dubs. Pop is amazing but they're going to have to reload pretty soon.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He looks like he has great hands. And he definitely does not have James Harden and Chris Paul passing to him in LA. I'm excited. I liked him the first time around and thought he'd have a long career in the league. He was a hard hat guy his first time with us. I'll be glad to see him go to work again.

Yaosthirdleg and djperm like this.
  14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm still waiting for the answer to this question. LOL.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

So when is the rally?

#195 tycoonchip, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Fullcourt likes this.
  16. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Jennings
    Deron Williams
    Willie reed
    Tony Allen
    Speights
    Green
    Gasol

If those players could be had for the BAE following the eventual trade of Melo to name a few.

oogie boogie likes this.
  17. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Could also mean that Capela is on the trade block...

18. hakeemthagreat

I dont know about that. Trez had better post moves & was a better overall player

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

he isn't going anywhere