1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks pause Melo trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jul 13, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

[Begley] Mills says NYK’s strategy is to develop young players “emphasizing athleticism, length & defense.”

Really holding that leverage. He just said this about an hour ago.

This trade is going to go down.

2. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

From what I can tell (I have only lived in NY for about a year now) most fans dont like Melo and they are ready for the Melo era to end.

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I hope so but with the Knicks you never know...

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Time to unpause!

6. rocketsmetalspd

Is it time to hit the play button?

#466 rocketsmetalspd, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Knicks think Nanu is good. Haha

dje243 and ilovehtownbb like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Operation Banana Boat has already been set in motion. Mills can try and fight it, but there are forces at work here that he can't possibly understand.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Or press fast forward.

jnuge90 likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

yeah and I believe what he is saying that he believes is a load of crap.
    Getting Leonard without compensation? LMAO

If so then time to fold up the tent. Nothing will be happening.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jim on acquiring Carmelo: It's out of my hands (Sure it is Jimmy! Sure!)

GILBERT, Ariz. -- The Houston Rockets have two-thirds of their own Big Three with James Harden and the newly acquired Chris Paul. The Rockets also were reportedly in the mix to acquire New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony in a trade.

Harden called Anthony "one of the best players that we have in this league" during a break from a basketball camp he hosted Friday in a suburb of Phoenix. But, ultimately, Harden said acquiring Anthony would be up to the Rockets brass.

"I let the front office deal with that," Harden said. "If we can get him, obviously he would help our team tremendously. What we have right now in our locker room is pretty good."

The chances of the Harden-Anthony-Chris Paul trio coming to fruition took a hit Thursday.

The Knicks took Anthony off the trading block, according to a report by ESPN NBA Insiders Adrian Wojnarowski and Ramona Shelburne. Talks between the Knicks and the Rockets, as well as the Cleveland Cavaliers, had been ongoing for nearly a month. Anthony was willing to waive his no-trade clause for either team.

Harden, like the rest of the NBA, is in wait-and-see mode.

"That's out of my hands," he said. "I go out there and put the basketball in the hoop and handle my business."

Harden's business now includes building chemistry with Paul, who was traded to Houston by the LA Clippers on June 28. Harden said a workout with Paul earlier this week was "really good, really good. Our entire team was there and it went really well."

It didn't take Harden long during their informal practices to figure out the benefits of playing alongside Paul.

"Obviously we all know how smart he is. He sees things before they happen," Harden said. "And when you got a guy like that on your team, it makes you step your game up even more."

But, Harden insisted, Paul's addition won't change anything for him.

"It doesn't," he said. "It's added another talented Hall of Famer, soon to be, and when you got great talent and great IQ around you, it makes it easier for yourself and your teammates."

Harden has led the Rockets to five straight playoff appearances since he was traded to Houston in 2012, including the Western Conference semifinals this past season and finals in 2014-15. With the Golden State Warriors coming off their second title in three years and showing few signs of rescinding their reign in the West, Harden sees Paul as another step toward the Rockets unseating the defending champs.

"It's important," he said. "I think the Warriors set a standard, and I think everybody's trying to get to that standard and compete with them."​

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mychal Thompson: Carmelo would make Rockets legit threat to Dubs

Mychal Thompson has made clearly his thoughts on how dominant the Warriors will be in the near future. However, developments to the NBA landscape could theoretically change his forecast.

Multiple reports of the Rockets reportedly nearing a trade for Carmelo Anthony inspired a question TMZ posed to Klay’s dad: Can Houston overtake Golden State?

“I don’t think so, but they’ll be a serious threat to the Warriors,” Thompson said. “You add Carmelo Anthony to Chris Paul and James Harden, you gotta take them serious.”

The two-time champion with the Lakers predicted last month that the Dubs could win four of the next five NBA titles. Despite the Rockets trading for Paul and potentially adding Anthony, Thompson is sticking by that idea.

“Anybody can beat anybody, but the Warriors are still the favorites,” Thompson told TMZ. “Those guys just know what it takes to win. They’ve got something special up in Oakland.”​

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I don't know how good his sources are, but I would gladly vouch for him as far as he would not make crap up. If he says it, then that is what he is hearing from people he trusts.

Ben is a cool cat, I think he is one of the good guys.

14. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

"Anthony is concerned about his public image and doesn’t want a messy divorce from the Knicks. He is said to be dismayed over the events of the past 24 hours"- frank isola on that new york daily news article.

Anthony is doing everything smart and correctly. He's definitely leaking through his pr folks because he is saying everything perfectly. That is a polite way of saying if they don't trade him without drama then he will make it become a messy divorce. It is a polite threat.

16. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

17. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Chances Melo is part of this culture change anyone? :D

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Bids9 and 4 others like this.
  18. Quadrakill Amumu

Two years from now, we can all look back and make fun of Dolan's Scott Perry as the culture change moment.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeaaaah, not Melo.

“Bringing back Tim to his original NBA home is an exciting time for him and this franchise,” Mills said. “As a versatile wing whose game continues to improve, he will fit right into the core of players that make up a roster emphasizing youth, athleticism, accountability and unselfishness.”

"We will all be united in implementing our strategy, which is to build our team by developing young players, emphasizing athleticism, length and defense. We have several rising young stars in the organization and we expect to add more young talent to this core. Our message to our fans is clear: we will be disciplined in sticking to this strategy, hold our players and staff accountable to the high standards that we have set for ourselves, and deliver results." - Steve Mills

DonKnock, Vivi and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  20. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Knicks simply waiting till after today's CP3 rally. Didn't want to give us the satisfaction of making it one big party.