1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BOTP: Knicks' primary hope is for Melo to open up trade list beyond HOU and CLE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2017.

1. 90dmswo

90dmswo Member

If melo in fact gets bought out as many of us here predict, do we have enough cap space to sign him or do we buy out Ryno as well?

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

That's not leverage that's optimal cause he doesn't have to take any discount and can opt in. They would be buying out 50 mil for 2 years and we could get him for the BAE we have for this year. That's Melos preferred scenario then he can hit free angenxy next year

So we get melo and keep anderson .... that is amazing

DonKnock likes this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But a Melo buyout, even for the money-to-burn-Knicks, would be costly as hell. Maybe he'd waive his no-trade clause if he knew he'd play for the Cavs. Maybe he wouldn't; if he doesn't, that's two seasons plus the trade kicker.

The Knicks just paid all that money for Phil to go away. They also have a habit of overpaying coaches and then paying them to go away. They'd probably like to pause before forking over fifty whatever million to make Melo leave, but, hey, it is a poorly-run organization (or has been).

Now you have a new GM coming in, maybe someone like Pig Vomit ("Private Parts"): "Let me talk to him. I'll mold him into one of us. Or I'll make him so crazy he'll quit."

#123 ROXTXIA, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    RudyTBag likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Just send Melo to the Warriors F it. I'm pretty sure that is how the Empire from Star wars is actually created so let's just fast forward to the future already this is getting annoying

J Sizzle and BigShasta like this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

The more time passes without a trade, the more chance fukery comes in. The league (and ALL of the mainstream media) wants Melo in Cleveland or Boston. They do NOT want him in Houston. My inner conspiracy theorist believes the NBA is somewhere blocking every avenue for a Houston trade. That's why everytime sources say the trade is "imminent" , theres some type of unexplained setback. In order to get Carmelo with Lebron, which is what THEY want, they'll need time to untangle all the negotiations we've had thus far. None of this is good for us

ClutchCitity81 likes this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I won't say the league doesn't have its preferences. In this case, I do think you have other teams watching the media and stepping in to muddy the waters, either hoping to get Carmelo for themselves or make the whole thing such a confusing mess that the Knicks step away from the negotiating table: "Hey, maybe we can reason with Melo. We can do better than Shumpert + Slim Pickings or Four-Team-Crumbs."

7. ClutchCitity81

Morning RedNation!! Can this damn trade happen already? Dont know how long i can be non productive at work. The Boss is starting to notice.

Remlap likes this.
  8. ClutchCitity81

The force is strong with the Jedi known as Morey

9. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Melo- will tell them he wants no part of returning to the Knicks..
    If reports are true that Melo is already set on Houston- there is no turning back (He will tell Knicks to work out
    a trade with Houston. Knicks cannot afford to have a disgruntled Melo (with the young core )
    they have no leverage (They can keep him against his will (But i doubt thats what they want

ClutchCitity81 likes this.
  10. rocketseagles07

Lol no... the cap hit remains the same when you buy a player out!!! He would sign for the minimum here or Cleveland that's the only way it happens... ryno would still be on the team

90dmswo likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tell them to go **** themselves Melo.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with who says this is basically NY trying to save their face before getting submerged of **** by their fans and media, i'm starting to think Morey would not even lose a 1st rounder here...hope that's true...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

this is what he needs to say (Mills was laughing at his workout videos ) Do you really think Melo wants to be back?
    Hell naw (He has his mind set on Houston (Especially if the reports are true that he was already looking at homes on Houston) that tells you hes mind is set and will be tough for Knicks to change hos mind
    also WOJ mentioned on his report that it was unlikely Melo would have eagerness to return

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Everyone knows that Houston is full of converted New Yorkers. They come for the job, stay for the space.

Pat and buffalobills!!! like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You guys still don't understand , it's Ryan Anderson .

buffalobills!!! and pippendagimp like this.
  16. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

"Leadership is something I was born with." - Future Rockets swing 4

17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When does the next NG become guaranteed?

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure i remember well but i think around 25th of September.

theDude likes this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The Knicks are (for some reason) trying to get a "haul" or expecting one, once you put it all together.

They're being impractical and absurd with their asking price from the other teams... there is NO WAY Carmelo backs down now and says, "Yeah, why wouldn't I help you guys gain leverage to get more for me via trade?" he wants to go to Houston or Cleveland and that's that.

Houston is the only likely landing spot since Cleveland doesn't have a capable GM to put a deal together. Dumbass Knicks brass. SMDH.

20. 90dmswo

90dmswo Member

Thanks! So we do have enough cap space to sign a vet min player then.