1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. bigred77

bigred77 Member

Brooklyn in particular has shown it's willing to trade cap space for assets.

They're the NBA version of those billboards that say "We buy ugly houses!!"

Look at Bima's proposal. They'll take that contract if you make it worth their wile. Do they think Myers has more upside than their lower priced, existing bad contract? maybe. If you throw them a second round pick or 2 is it worth it? Maybe you send them rights to international prospects? I don't know, but I know you can find someone to eat that contract in exchange for assets we currently have on hand (outside of additional first round picks or non-Anderson rotation players).

DonKnock likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Needs like a week to get up to speed probably!

pippendagimp and Yung-T like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol this dude...

4. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

You are the only person I have met that likes that deal for Hardaway. More power to you.

Goggle is Hardaway deal a good one? Most articles or comments would say, Hell No!!

Edited: I was just messing with you about Smith/Shumpert. Everyone knows that they wouldn't want
    Shumpert ($10.33 mil) and J. R. Smith ($13.8 mil) to go with C Lee ($12 mil) & Hardaway ($17 mil/yr)
    playing basically the same position.........or do they?

Maybe they want to go 4-shooting guard sets like Houston last yr. lol

#2524 Jatman20, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

no didn't see that. I think a guy on twitter replied to him with that and he said unlikely and he's going to houston, not staying a knick

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

perhaps, i mean i hope so. but with so many free agents still on the board who could actually play in games for them, i still don't see it. at least not until they've officially struck out with the decent FA's still available

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Knicks hiring someone from Kings FO? Sounds like we lucked the f#%k out!

BigMaloe, amaru, ThatBoyNick and 3 others like this.
  9. MasterBindo

MasterBindo Member

I wish I could see morey working. Does he just keep sending espn trade machine links to every team and expect them to respond with a Y/N?

10. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

The last thing we need from this GM is to say oh we're not going to trade Carmelo Anthony now. We're going to see how the season plays out with him on the team. I will be so pissed off!

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I just texted my gay best friend who is a Portland fan to see if he was willing to take on Meyers Leonard's contract. He doesn't have the cap room. He says he will gladly marry Meyers, but even he doesn't understand why the blazers gave him that money. Sorry guys, I tried.

Edit: He just texted me again. He said to start a gofundme page to see if we could cover Meyer's contract elsewhere. Not a bad idea.

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  12. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Thats exactly what I would do

13. Fantasma Negro

14. kiwirocketsfan

Get some of that Kings culture and team building skill in to turn the organisation around!

oh, wait

DonKnock and Yung-T like this.
  15. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol but putting pride aside will restore so much work productivity for your CF brethren!

Yung-T likes this.
  16. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

17. bigred77

bigred77 Member

These guys are old.

They're all still on AOL instant messenger and blackberries.

I hear Vlade's AIM profile and away messages are fire though...

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ok I asked him... He said that there were conversations between his higher ups that Melo to Houston is all but done due to knicks wanting to move on from him and realizing they'll lose value with each passing day and bc Melo is determined to play for the rockets. Basically, the Rockets just really need to sit back and let it all unfold for them bc there is really no other realistic destination for Melo. He said it's just minor details at this point... The framework of Melo to Houston is set.

19. MasterBindo

MasterBindo Member

So we are looking for a fourth team to take take on the salary they Houston cant and the Knicks wont?

DonKnock likes this.
  20. mockster

mockster Member

Sounds like we might be getting draft picks and Melo with this Knicks management

DonKnock likes this.