1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. baubo

baubo Member

It may mean less in terms of accomplishments but I still like to watch basketball at the highest level, especially if the team playing it is the Rockets. If you think about the Rockets less as a team and more as an entertainment product having LeBron is awesome, even if you feel a championship will be cheapened and he may just leave in 2 years to catch the next super team.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Thanks, i'll tune in.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Les and Morey have a lot to do with that. That's why all those dudes from the players to the brass thank Les. It all starts with him and they know that.

HakeemOnlyFan and DonKnock like this.
  4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I don't like it either but that's some high level basketball being played between two stacked teams... nobody complains in Soccer that Real Madrid and Barca at all times have like 10 of the top 20 players in the world. It's bad for parody and if your a cheap franchise but luckily we have been blessed with not falling into the rut that about half the teams are in of having a bad perception around the league.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

No, I'm not affiliated with the Rockets, just a fan who happens to know how to animate because I'm also a filmmaker.

edit, I thought you were talking about me. I think you mean Ben though after a reread.

6. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

That's true

This is why I'm saying Golden State will never be KD's team, it'll forever be Curry's team. It was Wade's Heat not Lebron's..

Look guys nobody looks back and says remember when Drexler lead us to the the championship. It was Hakeem's team. Sure he was traded for, but nonetheless this is Harden-Town. Anyone coming through here is an accessory to James not the other way around. Hakeem didn't get his first title till he was what 33? James could very well finish his career as the all time greatest Rocket, but it's imperative to get the talent around him to compete. Even if it's a slimy Lebron or KD.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i was talking about that Ben dude who tweeted out your gif (great job btw). I've seen you on this site since way back in the day.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. rockets13champs

Trade happens after ESPYS?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I want LB here. It would be a F U to GSW. F U to all the big money markets - NY, LA etc

Most importantly, LBJ here will do a lot, a LOT for the City of Houston. In terms of $$$ for the city, the poor in the community, the name brand of the city etc

joshuaao, BigMaloe, HTX Ninja and 6 others like this.
  10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

My sources are telling me that yes the trade will most likely be after the ESPYS but remember nothing is imminent so how long after the ESPYS is still being ironed out.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Atx breh!

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sauces: Melo to Houston is being discussed. Things are fluid at the moment. Stay tuned. May or may not turn solid.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

my multiple sources have all been banned by teh clutch

v_v

macho GRANDE and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You know what's crazy?

Exactly three months ago (last game of the regular season), the value of Ryan Anderson and his contract was at an all time high, meanwhile the value of Carmelo Anthony and his contract was at an all time low.

No Chance and don grahamleone like this.
  15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I've been here since way back, too! :D

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why are things fluid before becoming solid?

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I've found if you want to seem credible just say you have Sources and spit out information that could never be confirmed or proven wrong... I think I have a future in the business!

Jontro likes this.
  18. BobbySura69

BobbySura69 Member

19. don grahamleone

You should check out his articles and podcasts. He's clearly a Houston fan. I think he might even cover the Astros and Texans.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member