1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Once it's over......

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

There are two words to look for in any legit Melo thread, "imminent" and "synergy". If the OP uses one of these words then it's good to go, if they manage to use both then they're just showing off. If they use neither then the thread should be locked and OP should be banned.

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They'll give it to Bob Myers just for bringing everyone back. What a tough job. /s

BigMaloe and RocketsTruth like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Morey doesn't fit in...... he never has and I don't know if he will last long enough to eventually fit in.

It will be very hard for him to ever win EOY short of titles.

5. MystikArkitect

[​IMG]

6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

If the Rockets get to at least the WCF and really push the Warriors, I think he gets it.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He just got a 4 year extension - something else going on?

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

In fairness he finished second this year.

The EOY is very similar to COY in that it weights team record very heavily in the award. If Morey makes the Carmelo move and we are a 60 win team next year, he'll win EOY. You really need a combination of a sexy move PLUS team success.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly from what I hear, it is more likely to be.....

[​IMG]

Yaosthirdleg, Tha_Dude, s3ts and 9 others like this.
  10. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

To what megadeal are you referring here? What center?

11. Nook

Nook Member

No, my concern is what happens when Les passes........ guys that are mavericks eventually become accepted if enough time goes by.

Less won't be around forever and cannot count on Daryl being retained by the new ownership.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Or that he'd want to stick around. Who knows what happens after Les is gone.

Nook likes this.
  13. MasterBindo

MasterBindo Member

I hate when I F5 and don't see twitter links reassuring me that we are getting melo.

RyanB likes this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My serious Melo thoughts:

1. The player you want to give up, OBVIOUSLY, is Ryno. You don't want to give up EG as he's your off the bench sparkplug that gives you lots of lineup possibilities. You don't want to give up Ariza because of his defensive versatility - even if he's taken a step back, he's still versatile, and if you are moving Ariza and not Ryno for Melo, you are f'd defensively.

2. Melo as a PF is what makes this interesting. He doesn't give you anything that Draymond gives you as a PF, but Melo as a PF in small ball lineups is what makes this work.

3. You'd obviously be fine giving up this years 1st to get the deal done, but we of course already gave that up. I don't think there's a problem giving up the 2020 first... EXCEPT for you want to keep that pick for future trades. As much as the Knicks might want picks, a future first from the Rockets isn't really that valuable. We're talking about a 25-30 pick. It shouldn't be the hold up...

4. Don't think there is any rush for this to happen on NYK part. Could happen today, or in two months.

larsv8 and BigMaloe like this.
  15. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

dont make us imagine what life would be without Les Alexander as the Rockets owner...

Reeko likes this.
  16. Ryris

Ryris Member

Adding Love does not make us an elite rebounding team also his rebounding metrics aren't that much greater only 4% higher contested rebounding percentage than Melo. Offensive rebounding he is even less of a factor because we shoot so many threes long rebounds are better offensive rebounding opportunities. Offensively Melo is clearly the choice, defensively not much difference Melo can move better IMO can guard 3s and 4s, rebounding Love advantage but Melo is not a bad rebounder just need to get Capela to BOX OUT instead of jumping over people and eat boards, Melo around 7 and harden around 8.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Cheese/Meat/bun orgy tbh.

18. Nook

Nook Member

I was never told specific names other than that the Rockets had hoped to use the trade with the Knicks as a way to move some players for other players that they wanted more; with the emphasis being on the center position.

I have seen a few people speculate about Cousins, I haven't heard that.... only that the Rockets were hoping to upgrade at the 5 through a mega and multiple team deal.

We can speculate on who that would be, and I don't know if the front office even had a particular player in mind, but they were trying to move some of their rotation and key parts for a 5...... and it didn't happen and sounds like it may not happen.

I know that Reggie Jackson at one point was linked in a multi player deal with Anthony (no the Rockets would not get Jackson).

Vivi, SC1211, BigMaloe and 1 other person like this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Man that looks good. Who in the heck would pick In N Out burger over that? Smh.

20. Ryris

Ryris Member

Meant to quote the quote you replied to My B I agree with what you said.