1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WojBomb?] Melo deal likely tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Also something to keep in mind with Brooklyn....with the trade for Russell, Lin might be disposable. NYK needs a point guard and there would be a ton of fanfare to Lins return to the Garden. Also, since Brooklyn gets to move Lin's salary, it may not cost as much in the way of picks.

jch1911, RudyTBag and BigMaloe like this.
  2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

1002nd post!

3. Raven

Raven Member

Katy Perry?

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hmm not a bad thought, would give dolan grandure of high returns.

Hou gets melo
    Nyk gets Lin and booker
    Bkn gets ryan+asset

5. alin86

alin86 Member

Just think about a deal may makes sense, that Melo, Kyle O'Quinn and C.Randle to HOU, Ryan Anderson to POR, Allen Crabbe to BKN, D. Carroll, E.D Davis, Noah Vonleh and Napier to NYK, while NY receives picks from HOU and POR.

POR clean their crowded small forward position and shed a lot of salary, NY recieve picks along with some small/expiring contract, BKN get Allen Crabbe which they want last year.

Houston recieves melo and KOQ, a solid backup PF/C, and another NG contract names C.Randle. C.Randle and J.Uthoff can still trade away to get some useful player before next season, although we are in dangerous to hit apron line. A special scenario, we can trade KOQ, Randle and Uthoff for a player that has around 4 million contract and an extra 4 million TPE which can use next year.

jch1911 likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

anyone with a hunch that it happens today?

texans1095 likes this.
  7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Yes

8. mockster

mockster Member

Meeeeelllloooooo

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm buying the Brooklyn idea, so no. Otto Porter won't come off Brooklyns books until Friday and then they will finalize the Carrol trade. My guess is Friday.

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I don't know, Knicks need to free up some money

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Melo

12. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I'm not hopeful at this point. I believe the reports that players think it's a done deal while the front offices (the ones who can actually make the trade) aren't close to a deal. It's sad because you have to think that Morey has tried every GM in the league 3x and yet has been unable to unload Ryno. I think we are in a stalemate and while I'm sure we are the favorites; part of me fears that the longer this goes on the bigger chance we have to lose him (buyout and bolt to Cleveland being the most obvious scenario).

Two things

1- I don't think Rynos contract is that bad but I'll be damned if the media hasn't torpedoed what little trade value he may have had with the "no team wants to touch that contract". I feel like no GM wants to get crucified in the media for taking on what has been dubbed a 3 year death sentence (when really he's an overpaid but productive player).

2- The BBS has become completely unbearable at this point. The memes and multiple threads were ok initially and I was all in for a little fun; but it definately jumped the shark. It was fine when each little tidbit of info had its own thread or somewhat meaningful polls/discussions were made, but too many unfunny posters started making dumb posts in place of substantial info and it got bad. Just my opinion. Given that I don't anticipate a deal soon, I'm not looking forward to weeding through this place and have already scaled back on my F5 mashing.

13. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

so the cavs signed some guy from europe just now (for like 8 milion for 3 years)
    are they giving up on Melo?

14. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Im buying the Brooklyn idea as well. But I dont think they would have to wait. Bima tweeted they wouldnt have to wait to make such a trade.

jch1911 likes this.
  15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

You had some interesting thoughts about this deal. (Although I honestly think Brooklyn threw $$$ at Crabbe because they could and I don't see Carroll moving so quickly.)

This trade below works in TradeMachine; Rockets get Melo & a solid backup PG (Dinwiddie)

HOU: Melo (NYK) + Dinwiddie (BRK)
    NYK: Harkless (POR) + Lin (BRK) + Davis (POR) + Quarterman (HOU) + 2020 1st from HOU (lottery protected) + future 2nd from HOU Knicks get Linsanity back + starting PG for Ntilikina to work behind + Harkless to replace Melo + 1st round pick
    POR: Anderson (HOU) + Onuaku or Long (HOU) Sheds salary to avoid tax bill + gets premiere floor spacer in Anderson
    BRK: Crabbe (POR) + Leonard (POR) + 2018 1st from POR (lottery protected) gets Crabbe (finally) + clears PG spot for Russell + pick up 1st for taking on Leonard's contract

CP3 -- Dinwiddie -- Taylor
    Harden -- EGo -- B. Brown
    Ariza -- Tucker -- T. Williams
    Melo -- BAE (Ilyasova) -- Zhou Qi
    Capela -- Nene -- Onuaku or Long

Anyway, fun to speculate while we wait!

[​IMG]

khanhdum, AceOfSpades and justtxyank like this.
  16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

BKN makes complete sense. Dolan loves Lin and they need a PG. BKN just got Russel and they might want to move Lin and they need a lot more shooting. Makes sense for all the team IMO. They could have all the trade principal but waiting for Friday for BKN to finalize all their deals and CP3 press is on Friday? Hmm

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

boy, I'm just not seeing the Knicks bringing Linsanity back. Just not seeing it.

Then again, it's the Knicks. :rolleyes:

jch1911 likes this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I could definitely see the Knicks having interest in Lin, it's the rest of the deal that's problematic.

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I guess I'm late, but where did all this Brooklyn stuff come from?

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

They we're never in it IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.