1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: morey would make it work for lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

The discussion was about Lebron coming here. Obviously we would rather win the Finals.

2. rocket43

rocket43 Member

Almost as insightful as Mark Cuban saying the Mavs would be better in the East.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Right after Dirk comes over to replace Ryan Anderson.

4. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

While its very unlikely the Cavs trade LeBron midseason, I could see this happening on the last week of the 2017-18 season (i.e. June 30, 2018), a la CP3 trade. Get LeBron to opt into the last year of his deal, then execute the trade above (probably would have to include Capela in lieu of Onuaku).

Capologists, would the CBA allow this trade to occur, even though Ariza's and Capela's contracts would expire pretty much right after the trade is executed?

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

To be fair he might say taking his talents to midtown,gtown,htown et al

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Just as obvious: topfive would make it work for Emily Ratajkowski.

Pretty sure @topfive's_gf would even give me a weekend pass on that one.

Os Trigonum and basso like this.
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Arizas contract would not be included.

8. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Any idea what clause of the CBA makes us unable to use Ariza's salary for matching purposes? For the CP3 trade, we used everyone's 2016-17 cap figures.

I know Chris Paul opted in before we executed the trade, but in theory, could we have traded for him if he declined the option (i.e. he's on our books for a grand total of 2 days, then we have his bird rights for this offseason)?

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Can't quote the paragraph, but you can't trade an expiring contract after the trade deadline. If CP3 had not opted in, he could not have been traded.

joshuaao likes this.
  10. goldoil

goldoil Member

It would be a dream but extremely unlikely and a thing of fantasies.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I was about to come out swinging, but then I realized we were in the LeBron thread and not any of the Melo threads. My bad fam, carry on.

12. theh

theh Member

$SNAP down 9%

13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

My line of thinking is this.....

CP opts out. Melo opts out. Ariza expires. Rockets renounce the cap holds....... Harden enjoys his DVEP. Lebron, Cp3, and Melo share the cap space. Wade is washed so he gets the scraps. 1 year deals, with 2nd year PO.

I mean its get the banana boat 2018 together and we round out the bench with min ring chasers.

I dont know how else the money would work... just dont see it happening if everyone wants to get paid.

But i do think banana boat 2018 is happening.

sammy likes this.