1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Summer League] Zhou Qi Highlight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheMystery008, Jul 7, 2017.

1. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

He is already a better defender than Anderson

D-rock likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yet its OK to call a man from France a Frenchman (I hear sportscasters use that to describe Tony Parker all the time). If we entered a period where people started using the word "Frenchman" in a derogatory context, then that word would also become taboo for everyone.

Apparently Oxford says that "Chinese" can be used to refer to an individual of Chinese descent, but it's easy to confuse for the plural (i.e. the collective Chinese people).

It would be nice if there was a shorthand for "Chinese guy" that is agreeable and understandable to everyone. "Asian" is too generic.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Is summer league only on Nba TV? It's usually afternoon games?

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Most of them are on one of the ESPN channels. Tonight's Rockets game is ESPNU

And Tatum vs Ball is on the main ESPN.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Frenchman is not equivalent to China man

China man / France man

Chineseman / Frenchman

D-rock and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He looked a little weak still but that was a given. Doesn't jump at all, which may be a good thing defensively in the future if he learns positioning and how to use his length to his advantage.

He's really gotta learn to set better picks. But he will easily get pushed off. I'm not advising serious weight and strength, although both will increase, I'd like him to become "sturdier". Strengthen his core and build some trunks to lower his center of gravity.

saleem likes this.
  7. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Download the ESPN watch app..... has all the games.... I have it on my PS4 so I'm sure it's on other game systems

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Has anyone photoshopped Joe Chee onto the banana boat crew yet? I need that in my life.

D-rock likes this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Fair enough.

"Chineseman" is a bit awkward to pronounce. Since "Sino" is a prefix meaning "from China", why not "Sinoman"? Unfortunately, it's not gender-neutral.

10. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I think he should keep his thin frame and just get stronger. Garnett and Camby were guys that I thought were skinny but were very strong. I guess it's called wiry strong. I'd like him to keep every bit of mobility he has now.....

I actually think the Rockets might be able to squeeze a little more athleticism out of him with proper strength training

D-rock, Tfor3 and saleem like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great post BigMaloe.

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He really does play like a wing. I don't think he can play in the NBA that way . He's too big for that. His center of gravity is just too high, so while he may cut if offensively, on defense he's gonna be too slow

He'll have to play PF / C and for that will have to gain some size and strength.

13. saleem

I was amused at the youtube comments saying that Zhou is better
    than Lonzo Ball. LOL!

D-rock likes this.
  14. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

lonzo ball very may well be a bust

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Not saying that people use Chineseman the way I've heard Frenchman used. I'm not clear on that.

Just was pointing out the technical equivalent words /phrases.

I guess Asian guy which is correct vs vs oriental guy (guys are not rugs)

16. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

First...never said anything about them being even remotely close to the same player. I know that. Second I was high when I wrote that and will be heading back to Houston next week and I seriously had the munchies and was only thinking of all the delicious food down there. Visit Portland and you will understand me when I say the food up here is terrible.

My main point is the dude needs to get heavier. Makes Ingram and Brewer look like big baby Davis.

bTK...

17. dmoneybangbang

He's a 4 right now that can switch onto the perimeter. Hard to gauge how he will match against actual NBA centers until he does.

18. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

The Chinese Robert Horry. We need to start him and begin his clutch shot training asap!

D-rock likes this.
  19. saleem

I think they can squeeze some more athleticism out of him too. He isn't wiry strong though and certainly lacks the explosiveness of a younger KG/ Camby. He isn't bad though, and strength training, running can be helpful for him.

skroodup25 likes this.
  20. saleem

I liked his block shot. I will be pleased if he can give some rim protection in a year or so.

D-rock likes this.