1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Chargernation

Chargernation Member

Friday the 7th,
    3 way trade involving: #7 (Melo), #19 (Uthoff), #0 (Love), #5 (JR smith). Age of 111 (1+1+1 = 3) Anderson

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  2. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Somebody makes this statement EVERY summer. Patience.

DreamShook likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree...seems like we're really set to go all in with that banana boat **** thing, hope at least it turns out to be real next season...

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Tipjar bet? $50.

Don't underestimate that Roberson, Adams and Kanter will bounce back a bit now that they're back to having 2 serious threats around them. Everyone wondered why Adams dropped off so heavily, he's going to bounce back for sure. Either Abrines or McDermott will have a breakout season too since they are both good shooters who will be open and have to take on big minutes.

As for hype, I haven't seen anyone hyping them. All I've seen is people saying George doesn't move the needle. We'll see.

5. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Maybe Pat just wanted to start and we couldn't promise it to him outright?

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

what does new york get out of this?

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Hopefully Love

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Timing; OKC jumped and PatPat feared a dried up $$$ pool. (my guess)

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Chemistry will not flow because of Westbrook. Westbrook plays in ryhthm with one player in this league and that player's name is RUSSELL WESTBROOK. I look for him to settle down with George there. I just have no confidence in these guys making it work for the overall success of the team. Adams and Kanter benefitted from Ibaka... he's gone so their games got exposed. Now Victor Oladipo will play like they thought he would in okc in indiana.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Morey needs to be on the phone to Boston getting something done for Crowder and Avery Bradley. Those two would put us on another level. Talk about tough and defensive-minded: Ariza, Paul, Tucker, Crowder, Bradley ....wow

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's very possible.

malakas and Mathloom like this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Don't think uhtoff can be aggregated in trade for 60 days.

basketballholic likes this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

they should be pretty damn good defensively w/ roberson and george on the wings, westbrook in passing lanes, and adams down low. the more turnovers they force the more they will get out and run. they were dangerous when they did that even without george

#933 icewill36, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think you kind of dislike him, and that's allowing you to forget that Westbrook went to the conference finals twice with a more ball dominant SF. He has a lesser Durant and a far better coach. Supporting cast is equally average.

They won't make the conference finals, but they're built to be a really good regular season team, and the Spurs are in trouble. Of course, for the Spurs trouble just means 4th seed, assuming they can't make any decent upgrades. LMA has checked out, Parker is done and Ginobili is barely an NBA player anymore.

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Morey can't just go signing people left and right. Each trade / signed player takes a lot of planning and effort to fit in the cap. We're not a team operating with a lot of cap space. Each move has to be significant. The team won't be a finished product by July, so just accept that and trust in MOREY

No Chance and Possum like this.
  16. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

thats going to be the problem having random back 4s.

like dekker harrel ariza we need a solid backup TRUE 4 that can shoot

17. Embrace the clutch

We have to play chess and sign Andre Roberson just so the thunder can't

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Pop will have the Spurs straight then there's GS and Hou. Spurs are too smart to lose too many games in the regular season. I know this is a bold statement but i believe George mind is already in L.A. i see players playing more for "self" versus for the betterment of the team. GS, Hou, SA and Twolves/Blazers i believe these teams have good chance of passing them. Playoff wise i think okc are a better team for that season because the games slow down and stars matter more.

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

True back up 4's that can shoot cost $25m.

Tucker imo is a top 3 backup 4 in the league in the system we're running. He's 6'6 but powerful, great rebounder, excellent defender and can not be left open in the corner. Wouldn't call him a random backup 4. You're going to love watching him play the 4, believe me.

No Chance and Why not? like this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Watch out for Denver too. They will play with stronger chemistry too.