1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza is staying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jun 29, 2017.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Ariza knows what it takes to be a champion*

*a member of a team with multiple All Stars and quality role players

justtxyank likes this.
  2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We get your point, you're just wrong. Helped with recruiting doesn't equal, can't be traded for clearly better player.

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Aliza needs to reduce his minutes and he will be a boss again

Nook and smoothie like this.
  4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He is staying. I'd be pissed if we let one of our leaders walk away. The man does not give up, and once it comes out, he will be named, among a few, who called James out for dogging game 5. FYI

BigMaloe, Yung-T, Mathloom and 6 others like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's not going to get traded.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Good! Ariza and Nene seem to be the only ones who dared to confront Harden

7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I want him gone. He's the bottleneck of our offense and we simply cannot have him starting if we want to beat warriors.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Of course he would accept a bench roll, and the f wouldn't he?

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

As long as the checks keep clearing... i doubt Ariza would have an issue with whatever role he is asked to play.

My question is regarding the supposed blow-out between Harden and Ariza at the end of game 5 which supposedly caused harden to quit for game 6.... was that report bs? have they mended fences? If Ariza and CP3 are close - did CP3's addition play a role?

i ask because I expected Trev to be the first guy jettisoned in the name of cap space and Harden harmony... so at this point idk what to think on all that...

10. theredbackpack

wow this is the first I heard of the game five ariza stuff...anything published anywhere or was it just a clutchfans rumor?

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think ariza is staying, but not necessarily because he helped recruit / is friends with cp3.

he's staying because we can't find a better SF.

our next move will be melo or millsap. both will play PF here.

Nook likes this.
  12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

No, it isn't.

Your premise is wrong. You do not get to not be traded, regardless of your role in recruiting. Evidence in how morey operates support this position, while there is literally zero evidence you are correct.

MONON likes this.
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Nope nothing published... just a few people with supposed 'insider info...' A reputable poster alluded to it... a few days later another said it flat out... a few days after that another said he had put the story forth to someone in the organization who basically confirmed it...
    So nothiing concrete... but for lack of a better explanation....

Honestly, I've seen nothing published regarding any insight into the game 6 meltdown.... Another 'insider' had said he anticipated a Harden interview where he was going to explain everything... and alluded to it being an anxiety type thing.... but nothing....

Not to hijack this thread into a rehash or Harden bashing... but I sure as hell would like some kind of explanation beyond "i just couldn't get into a groove..."
    Personally, idc if it was a 'partied too hard the night before' type of thing... own it... apologize... say it won't happen again... move forward.... but treating it as 'business as usual' concerns me... imo bringing in big names that can hold James accountable is a good thing... better than relying on 'role players' to address your 'cornerstone'....

14. theredbackpack

thanks for the info man. definitely agree with you re: the business as usual move harden typically employs. it would be nice to hear something about it, even now...

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

And if those 2 options fail, I hope that there is a plan B. I would like to see Rockets get a little younger, longer and more athletic. Ryno (or Ariza), rights to Llull, Gentile & a future pick for Aaron Gordon and Mario Hejonza.

16. macan

macan Member

still want him to be our bench not starter....

17. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Ariza will NOT be traded. Just stop it. Bobby Brown will be back too. Tune to ESPN now to see the State Farm boys bowling.

D-rock and MourningWood like this.