1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Carmelo Anthony to sign with Rockets if buyout reached

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 28, 2017.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This would only work if Sliver decided to add a second ball to the game.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

well this is odd. this is as if cp3 is some player that depends on putting up a ton of shots a game. the rockets just lost a player who puts up just as many shots as him off the bench alone.

Caesar and Jatman20 like this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

@WojVerticalNBA: Sources: So far, departure of Phil Jackson hasn't changed MSG's mindset on Carmelo Anthony's eventual exit. Knicks want trade, not buyout....

malakas likes this.
  4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Melo via trade is the likely outcome imo. Can you get him without giving up EG, Ariza or Capela? I think so for sure.

Capela
    Melo
    Ariza
    Harden
    Paul

5. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Yep, we are going to trade for him.

Dat Dude and malakas like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

and we would be the winners of this trade if we dump Anderson to them.
    Everyone calling Melo a loser and useless but that's only in comparison to his contract, and if he's the first option.

He's still a good player and much better than Anderson.

7. YuleC

YuleC Member

So picking up Bosh for vet min?

Dacamel likes this.
  8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Leave Gordon here dam it!

Dacamel and napalm06 like this.
  9. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Yuck. No Melo, please.

10. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Anyone that says no to Melo obviously doesn't remember the olympics with CP3 and Harden. He will be wide open drilling 3's well over 40% stop b****ing

11. Asian Sensation

Melo as a clear 3rd or 4th option is downright dangerous. None of this pseudo should he be the man or defer to the new young star confusion if he comes here. Having him in that dumpster fire in NY was not good for his image but it wasn't for Dan Tony or anybody really recently.

The biggest reasons why I'm so intrigued with Melo is that I think Melo is also really clutch and comes up big in 4th quarters/when the games on the line and playoffs.... It's just that he's had a hard time getting to those situations the last several seasons.

If Harden and Paul can get us there which they will... I'm confident Melo can close out and come up clutch which are areas Harden and Paul don't have the best track record of. Game is on the line and last shot is between Harden, CP3, Melo. I'm going Melo all day every day.

Also, adding another weapon/prolific scorer like that makes the opposite teams defenders accountable every position and game. That's gonna make Draymond, KD, Klay, Iggy if they retain him all have to work extra. More pressure/focus on another = less on Harden = good news.

Caesar likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's all about risk reward brah.

You can kick the can, hold on to role players, and hope for a Durant foot problem while battling the Spurs for the silver medal.

Or you can go all in, with your sleeve. This is the ultimate non can kick. You won.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

If we trade for this loser I'm done..

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

If we can flip Anderson for Melo without giving Gordon or Capela that'd be great, but what about his relationship with MDA?

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Who are we kidding the Rockets when adding DAntoni...was NOT gonna address the defense. So the plan should be to double down on great scoring and shooting. Melo as a 3rd option is terrific. Will his ego keep him in check? who know...Paul and Harden gives him WIDE open shots. Oh and he has a decent post game. Too fast for 4's and too strong for 3's

16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This would be ideal

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Bosh is medically retired$.

18. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i would rather get PG rather than melo, unless we don't have to give up anything and melo just signs with us for some veteran minimum/some mid level money, nothing personal, but the games i saw last season with Knicks, he looks like a shell of himself, he can't shoot, can't defend, can't run, why we want to waster our resources on someone like that

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I see some are saying Anthony would be a 3rd or even 4th option here....Eh, what?

I think he'd score more then CP3. Which isn't a bad thing, since Melo is a scorer first, and Paul is a passer first. Anthony would pretty clearly be our 2nd offensive option IMO.

Again, i'd be fine with that. Harden / Anthony / Paul would kill teams offensively, with role players like Gordon/Anderson hitting 3's like crazy, Nene/Capela rolling to the basket... we'd have a very sweet team.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

3rd or 4th option doesn't just mean who scores the most. it's really the order of how a team operates. everything is going through harden and cp3 first whether that's actual shots taken or getting shots for others.

klay took more shots than kd in the reg season but that doesn't mean hes the 2nd option