1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At 32 years old, will we be getting Chris Paul or Cliff Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Will we be getting Chris Paul or Cliff Paul?

1. Chris Paul

84.2%
  2. Cliff Paul

15.8%
  1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Chris Paul isn't young anymore but that doesn't necessarily mean he's done. How good do you think he will be nxt year? Will he be an all-star? We saw what Mike D'GOAToni did with a white PG and a yellow PG. It will be interesting to see what he can do with a black PG.

I'm hoping for great things next year. Let's go, Red Nation. It's our time.

rm365 likes this.
  2. alethios

alethios Member

Cliff Paul stayed with the Clippers to make the salaries match.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Chris for this year at least. If he resigns then hes probably chris till 2020

I think his age was a factor in joining harden/dantoni. I believe he thinks sharing "creator" duties with harden in dantonis system will help him last longer.

He wont have to do everything on offense anymore.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Barring injuries (unfortunately an issue with him), age won't be a huge factor for him. The majority of his game is based on ball-iq and being crafty, he barely relies on speed.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think his old man game will age very well.

douglasreedy1 likes this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

If Harden has another playoffs like this last one, we better hope it's Cliff Paul to help us with our insurance claim when he goes missing.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Chris Paul's PER and WS/48 the last 5 seasons:

PER

WS/48

He has not shown one sign of slowing down. The most recent pass-first super star PG's have aged well: Stockton, Nash, Kidd, etc. I am comfortable with signing him to a long deal after this season.

8. Mr. Motiejunas

I like you breh, but your threads today have been a bit on the troll side. Lets just enjoy the moment for now.

daywalker02 and Dat Dude like this.
  9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Chris Paul already has an old man's game, so I think he's probably got a few years of all-star level play in him. Hell, he just averaged 25/5/10 in this year's playoffs. This isn't like getting a 32 year old Russell Westbrook.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Same with Harden - this must be the greatest backcourt of all time where both players lack an elite NBA level physical skill. I mean strength maybe, but that's not as big of an advantage in basketball for guards.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Moleb

Moleb Member

keep in mind, with 2 ball handlers in harden and paul. This will extend both players careers.

So to all the people saying they cant mesh, they will because they can both share the load. And especially on CP3 side, having harden be a playmaker along side him will extend his career, or at least allow him to continue at a high level.

Crazy idea but look at Lebron, if he stayed in CLE and never went to Miami, he would have over worked himself and broken down by now. but having Wade, bosh, then irving, and love ( iffy on love ) allowed him to coast more and extend his career.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

LOL pretty good breh

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Chris Paul's game was never predicated on athletic ability. Even when he was faster and could jump higher, his game was all smarts.

He should be able to sustain his level of play (Elite PG) for another 2-3 years then be a very good PG for another couple of years till his deal is done.

14. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

He's a rich man's Pablo Prigioni

Daddy Long Legs and ghettocheeze like this.
  15. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Frazier Monroe on the Knicks?
    Quick, crafty guards with good bball iq.

the shark likes this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Of course you'd like him. The two of you combined weighing 50 stone combined pretty much keep fast food chains around Houston r unning.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Holly **** what an exciting but a bad trade for Rockets if nothing other major happens. Gave away all youth and good contracts for a declining always injured point guard when you already had an MVP caliber ball handler. Gutted team, I hope George or Melo comes, otherwise...

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

They didn't have blown out knees like CP3 does. I'd be surprised if CP3 makes it past 34 or so

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cliff > chris /thread

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

We got a plan for them.

They're going DOWN.