1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets aggressively pursuing Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 24, 2017.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I'm not a big fan of Chris Paul.

J.R. and pippendagimp like this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm a big fan of Chris Paul.

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm a medium fan of Chris Paul

BigMaloe, Vivi, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I'm a fan of star players

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Le$ is in financial trouble. No more ipads at 12:00;01 AM. Chris Paul better be willing to accept Dragic's Dynex TV

[​IMG]

6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Lebron has a no trade clause

7. BobbySura69

BobbySura69 Member

From a financial standpoint it could be inticing for Paul. There's a $50 million difference between resigning with the Clips or signing elsewhere. Although Annually, due to the extra year the Clips can offer, the difference would be around 3 million.. they say the no state income tax will be a selling point for Rox.. 13% California state income tax on a $38 million dollar contract is almost $5 million a year.. but once you factor in the extra year, which would be comforting for a 32 year old player, and indorsment revenue just from being in LA.. Is it worth it for him to leave??

It

8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Hell To The No.....Harden and Paul? Are yall on crack?

ak99999 likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm a venti fan of Chris Paul.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that the Clippers are imploding so he'd be throwing the rest of his career away on a scrub team if he stays there. When you can get comparable money and possible contention, that starts to look really good.

DonKnock and ak99999 like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a quarantadue fan of Chris Paul.

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There's usually multiple "stars" available. This year we have CP3, PG, Blake, Hayward plus the next level of Millsap, Ibaka.

Is CP3 the best of that bunch? Maybe. Is he the best or most logical fit? Not even close. Basically EVERY other player I listed is a more obvious fit.

So there's got to be some thinking on their part. What it is?? No clue.

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Nah we just understand the Warriors have 4 stars so when you have the opportunity to get another star you take advantage of it.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You guys really need to subscribe to basketballholic's newsletter.

According to his latest, Rubio has a no trade clause, which Minny has successfully kept a secret all this time. That's why Morey has wanted him for so long, but was always unable to get him. Turns out, it is Rubio who doesn't want to play with Harden, not the other way around. It was a groundbreaking revelation for 'holic, "but totally makes sense," he said.

Also, he provided a teaser for next week's newsletter, something about DMo's settlement case against the Association. My guess is he got a secret no-trade clause too, awarded on his next contract.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Paul isn't the most obvious fit but you can most definitely make that duo work successfully. Two phenomenal passers that can create shots for themselves and others. Yes please. You don't turn away future hall of famers still in their prime because the fit isn't perfect on the surface. Improve this team the best you can and see what happens.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

#plowithplowman

Plowman likes this.
  17. mockster

mockster Member

The myth that Harden can't play with another ball dominate guard or a True PG is laughable.

People assume this because the Ty Lawson thing or because he's constantly having the Ball. It's funny because Harden has been asking for another ball handler for years and finally we were able to get Gordan and Lou, but they can only do so much with there set abilities. Chris Paul on the other hand is a super star true PG that is one of the top tier ball handlers/passer/playmaker And even scorer at times

Plus despite Hardens rise in the PG position I still think he's not the truest PG as he has a high turnover rate. I see him more as a SG but similar to Lebron role being ball dominate/playmaking and kyrie and Lebron gel just fine.

Mazulis, BigMaloe, seeingred and 6 others like this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I thought we had no chance of signing Paul because I thought the Spurs were a better fit for Paul but Aldridge wanting out of the Spurs definitely increases our chances.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Man can you imagine Paul hitting all those open jumpers he always seems to hit in a D'Antoni Offense?!?!?
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

For those of you saying that CP3 won't fit, consider this. On the defensive end, he is as good a defender as Bev imo. On the offensive end, he is a dead eye shooter from downtown. He is also an amazing playmaker, something we sorely needed at the end of Game 5 and all of Game 6. Our problem is not scoring when Harden sits, it is who will run the freaking system. Chris Paul can be that guy. A guy like Bev cannot. A guy like Ego will probably not. Same with Lou Williams. They can run the occasional PnR or get hot, but they can't reliably run a system and generate plays. Basically, Paul can take a much more relaxed role on offense until Harden sits and then take over and cram the PnR down the other team's throats just like Harden just finished doing.

My concern is this, CP3 is extremely serious as a player. He won't hesitate to step up to any of his teammates when he doesn't feel like they are giving it all. Ideally, Harden can take more plays off on offense but will he continue to up his D as he offsets more O? If not, can he take earfuls from CP3 and grow from it or get negatively impacted? If we get CP3, this will be a very make or break year for Harden.