1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. BobbySura69

BobbySura69 Member

I say try a three team trade for Khris Middleton involving Anderson.. Bucks have Brogdon and off loading Middleton could give them cap to sign a legit pg Kidd wants. the third party team would take Anderson.

Middleton's 3% and DRPM are impressive. That would leave us with about 15 mil cap room. Sign Mirotic and resign Nene. And maybe use MLE for Patterson. This helps our perimeter defense and rebounding as well as depth at PF

Harden/Lou
    Bev/Gordon
    Middleton/Ariza/ Dekker
    Mirotic/Patterson/ Harrell
    Capela/Nene

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

This doesn't seem realistic. What would this 3rd party team be giving up for Anderson that would be sent to the Bucks?

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i don't see it either, the Bucks definitely need shooting, but they've no reason to trade his second/third best player (also on a pretty good contract) for Anderson...they've also already a lot of players who are going to play in the same spot of Ryan between Parker, Maker, Giannis, Teletovic...

EDIT: just missed the "three way deal" part lol...but still, hard to pull it off, Middleton is their second best player, maybe third behind Parker but yeah, he's one of their big three and he's on a pretty good contract, two way guard...even if they consider him tradable (which i highly doubt), you would've to trade A LOT more than Anderson to get him, probably too much.

#3183 Vivi, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Middleton is great and has been. He's the clear second best player there.

I'm more curious on jabari and his value? He's coming off back to back season ending surgeries that aren't friendly injuries. I wonder if they just wait him out and see if he can ever be something or try and recoup some value from him.

I lean towards thinking they wait it out but if they are open to move I wouldn't mind taking a risk on him.

But as for Middleton, I'd love to have him but I don't see it happening.

Vivi likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Definitely, i agree with you.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

#3186 Jatman20, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  7. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

So this quote from the ringer gave me an idea:

"You should buy stock in George heading to L.A. The vibe I’ve gotten from talking to NBA executives and agents over the past few weeks is that teams aren’t willing to sell the farm for George because of the possibility that he’ll sign with the Lakers is so strong." (https://theringer.com/2017-nba-fina...iers-los-angeles-lakers-clippers-25e353094845)

Exactly how cheap is Paul George right now? Capela + Ryno + Dekker cheap, or a future 1st + Ariza cheap? If everyone believes he's leaving no matter what, then his trade value plummets and he can be had for pennies on the dollar. 1 season of basketball can do a lot to change opinions. I think that it's not impossible that a paul george cheap rental on an already "contending" Rockets team could end up in a deep-deep playoff run, especially if the Warriors are gutted in the off-season. Deep playoff runs have a tendency to make star players stay where they are...

These are all big ifs, but there has to be a price point at which one-year rentals become worth the gamble, right?

8. Fantasma Negro

PG: Harden
    SG: Afflalo
    SF: Gallo
    PF: Anderson
    C: Okafor

Get to work Morey

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Wish we could build a team like Portland did with Pippen, Sheed, Sabonis, Steve Smith, Stoudamire, Detlef, Bonzi, Greg Anthony, Brian Grant. Just a full stacked roster of solid vets. Hell, even the late 80s, early 90s Blazers with Drexler, Porter, Buck Williams, Duckworth, Kersey, Ellie, Petrovic, Robert Pack, Danny Ainge etc etc just straight up stacked(Buck Williams never gets recognition much like our own OT and they actually have similarity scores as well based on Win Shares). Be so much better than trying to get even 1 more superstar next to Harden....but it's pretty much impossible these days b/c all vets get bought out and sign with the same elite teams to come off the bench.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

that would be a horrible lineup bro

there is not 1 good defender in that entire lineup

Okafor at C is basically conceding ever being even just a solid defensive team, and then u have Ryno next to him in the frontcourt? A Harden-Afflalo backcourt would get shredded every night.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Pacers would want young pieces for Paul George, not vets like Gordon and Ariza. That trade isn't realistic. A PG trade means it's rebuilding time for them.

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Anderson, Dekker, Picks could net us a top 10 pick or player that makes an immediate impact. Idk tho. We need another star to go with Harden to even have a shot.

Morey better work some magic.

13. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I know. I was mainly venting. Threw together numbers that work financially. PG is an expiring contract
    so Houston would rent PG until he goes to LA Lakers. Ariza is an expiring contract. Glenn Robinson Is an expiring
    contract. Eric Gordon might be the only real value because of the length of the contract.

I'm sure Ariza & Harden will work things out. I'm guessing D'Antoni playing Harden at SF got under
    Ariza's skin because of Hardens defense rotating to SA's big under the rim. Harden probably
    lashed out on Ariza. IMO it's all D'Antoni's. It's not Hardens fault having to rotate to the Centers
    so often (from the SF spot). It's also not Capelas fault for getting tired.....having to play vs
    Gasol, LMA, David Lee, Dedmon pretty much all by himself. Ryno offers little to no defense.

@D-rock, @BigMaloe and myself were begging for an additional big man at the trading deadline.
    Instead we got another PG (6'1" Lou Williams). Hardens fault on that one. LA boys in Houston.

#3193 Jatman20, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.
  14. Rocketsfanguy

Rocketsfanguy Member

15. basketballholic

Yeah.....I think I was begging for a big man too. And another creator/distributor. Still don't understand why we'd trade for Lou, lose our first, and leave $3 million of cap space in the table and not get a big and a distributor. But it's done. Next year please.

#3195 basketballholic, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Jatman20 likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

If DM has a down fall it is not filling in the holes of the roster with temporary servicesable players. He seems like an all or nothing type and a lot of the time we get nothing.

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

We move Brevers contract in that trade
    Lou is a decent asset, easy to move

Jatman20 likes this.
  18. basketballholic

Brewer had one year left as well. Dare I say Brewer and our pick are worth more in trade value right now than Lou? Or do you really think we could trade Lou for an expiring contract of a $7 million useless player plus a better pick than 28?

#3198 basketballholic, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  19. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Lin 1 year 8M contract cost us one 1st and one 2nd. With Brewer it could be the same. Plus we get lou. Yes I think we can move him without taking satary cost in return

Jatman20 likes this.
  20. basketballholic

Can we get a first rounder out of Lou?