1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 2, 2017.

1. the shark

the shark Member

Houstunna likes this.
  2. the shark

the shark Member

Sorry about the editing error. My comments are what Derocher had to say on Cedeno.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I believe the Astros best winning streak is 12 games. 2 left to match

4. Buck Turgidson

Or Casey Candaele.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Yes.... the player he was most often compared to was Willie Mays.

He had literally every single skill and was a true all tool player.

Unfortunately he was violent and bat **** crazy.... guy did some really really bad things...

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

7. bcast89

bcast89 Member

What happened here? Missed the game

8. conquistador#11

steal signs ey? steal this...[​IMG]

No, actually Marwin was upset that fox didn't even bother to send their 1 or 2 broadcast instead sent us basically the rangers home broadcast. was my beef. If we were playing the yankees then they would have sent joe buck or whoever the duck. Nm that was my beef

What really happened, The Catcher wanted a swing and a strike. He "mutombo'd" to the ump that he indeed checked his swing. the mutombo line was the only decent reference by that broadcast.

bcast89 and Uprising like this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If they reach 12, they'll probably get to 13 since Keuchel would start the 3rd game of the series with KC.

TheMystery008 likes this.
  10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Id rather not get a rental. Someone who would be around a while would be preferable.

11. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

It wont be long before Orbit is getting At-Bats

12. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

I'm wondering if we have the long term solutions already on the roster, i.e., Peacock and Paulino (add that to McCullers and Musgrove, and we have a nice staff even after Keuchel leaves). I'd be all for a rental like Vargas if the price is right, similar to the Royals adding Cueto and winning the WS.

13. fiersdownbelow

Please no Verlander. That last thing we need is his w**** wife trying to f*ck all our players and blowing up on Twitter when things don't go her way. Very bad for team chemistry methinks.

#1113 fiersdownbelow, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

15. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Long-term, the only guy I'm penciling in is McCullers. Musgrove is experiencing growing pains and may not be what we expected. Peacock needs to get back to a starters routine and then we'll see what he does after the league gets 2-3 looks at him.

Paulino has all the talent in the world, but he has a huge way to go until he's a viable long-term rotation piece. He pitched almost half of his career innings last year (107 IP / 226 IP career). He's basically Vince Velasquez. Super talented, high K rate, huge durability concerns. VV got up to 130 IP last year and has fallen the f'ck apart this year.

Obviously that's the negative nancy version and you are 100% right that those guys could end up being long-term pieces, but they got a long ways to go.

16. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

It's so fortunate the Astros bats and bullpen are rolling because that rotation has some big ol' question marks. I wish we at least had expected return dates for McHugh and Morton, but we got nothing. Musgrove should be back after missing his Tuesday turn.

If Peacock could give us 6 IP and Paulino 5 IP consistently, I'd be happy regardless of how many runs they give up.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I hated that so much. Why did I have to listen to announcers [obscene sexual reference] the Rangers for 3 hours? Screw you Fox. Although partially my fault as I forgot I can overlay the radio feed instead of the TV audio.

Uprising and craigharmann like this.
  18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

19. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

This seems like an..................overreaction.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

So it wasn't just me..... I felt like the broadcast team was mostly focusing on the Rangers....not only being more animated and excited when the Rangers accomplished something in the game....but the over all coverage of stats and clubhouse stories etc....