1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets get robbed by refs vs Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by COACH SAMPSON, Mar 12, 2001.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Charging calls like the one on Steve are bringing down scoring in the NBA. Players are less willing to take it to the basket for fear of charging calls. I believe Bill Worell brought this up a few games ago, when Mo made what seemed like a clean layup and foul. Of course, it was called charging.

------------------
    Re-elect President Gore!

2. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

DaDakota you seem very ignorant.

The Charge call on Francis. (he made that basket, and would have a free throw to get the game to 6)

The Repeated and the 3 man hacking no calls on Moochie Norris.

Great Defense by the Rockets, Walts arm gets hammered and they give the ball back to the Suns. Foul there, we get two shots, and the sun then have 7 seconds to try and get googs his basket, worse case scenario, overtime.

Several No Calls on Mobley.

I mean come on, I think thats its good that we can beat the refs and the teams some nights, but if you can't see that the Rockets being as young and "immature" and "horrible lottery bound" that you say they are and actually WINNING some of the time in these situations, you obviously don't see how much EXPONENTIALLY better the Rockets have to be to win a game. The Lakers, pull up in a bus, get a win. New York same deal, Portland....Its like the Rockets come in to the game already with an L, and then have to erase it....its ridiculous.

Go Sampson!

------------------
    -jbond77

3. a.k.a vince

a.k.a vince Member

I don't think I hate anything more than someone condesending people who post on these sites.

DaDakota, shut up!!!

------------------

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Condescending

I am not fond of people who start duplicate threads (read: a.k.a. vince).

Mango
    ------------------
    Get it right or just don't do it!

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited March 13, 2001).]

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Coach,

Yes they blew the call on Moochie, but they blew several calls throughout the game on both sides.

My point is that the game should have never come down to this, if the Rockets would have taken better care of the ball.

The refs are not going to help anyone out late in the game, especially if those same players have been whining all game long.

If the Rockets want to get the calls late, they have to quit whining early.

Do I think the refs made some bad calls? YOU BET !!! However, I don't think they made them on purpose.

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think they did.
    Hard to take care of the ball when HACKS ain't
    being called.

The comment about the Refs and whining
    Reminds me of a Law N Order I watch . . .where
    a Judge takes a judge off a case for misconduct . . .
    The Judge saids. . .they should have lost
    The High just says. . . .YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO CARE WHO WINS!
    When you care because u don't like how they
    whine. . .
    shame on the ref. .. and it is wrong

Rocket River

------------------

7. playahata

playahata Member

I was watching that game and I thought the officiating sucked both ways all game.

------------------

8. COACH SAMPSON

COACH SAMPSON Member

DaDakota, Since you were the 1st one to jump all over this post and get your 2 cents worth I will resond to you. DaDakota did you actually watch the game or did you listen to it on radio? OK if you watched than you saw the Rockets did get bad calls if you didnt see that then you dont know much about NBA basketball. What do stats have to do with anything about an separate game. Stats dont give you the real insight on hwat really happened so your wrong there. As far as the word conspiracy theory people like you make me sick already bringing that up. thats a meaningless statement keep it to yourself. Do yourself a favor and watcht the game tape over and you will see the Rockets were cheated. I have a question for you do you feel the refs ever have deciced a game in NBA history because the way you stick up for them it sounds like you dont.

------------------